Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitzgerald Toussaint.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Fitzgerald Toussaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    too much? his running was respectable against the best defense in the league, one that even Deangelo failed to do anything against. He spun out of a good play in the hopes of making it a GREAT play, and he was very close to doing so. His situational awareness wasnt bad, he knows someone needs to break open the game with time winding down and he tried to. Our season stayed ALIVE because of Toussaint's 110+ scrimmage yards from the previous game, including 2 great catch and runs on the winning drive. Everyone worked hard today and we had all the odds stacked against us. We'll be back next year
    Very well stated.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

HATERS......

Q: What is the difference in Jerome Bettis's critical fumble and Toissaint's fumble today ?

ANSWER:

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    Those two kids have very bright futures ahead of them !

That is if you haters could stop hating on Toissaint. You're gonna drive the kid to commit suicide ! Would THAT make you all feel better ?

Would it ?
    Seriously! This isn't twitter. You really think the kid is going to go over all the Steelers message boards looking for approval? SMH! Jesus Christ!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    too much? his running was respectable against the best defense in the league, one that even Deangelo failed to do anything against. He spun out of a good play in the hopes of making it a GREAT play, and he was very close to doing so. His situational awareness wasnt bad, he knows someone needs to break open the game with time winding down and he tried to. Our season stayed ALIVE because of Toussaint's 110+ scrimmage yards from the previous game, including 2 great catch and runs on the winning drive. Everyone worked hard today and we had all the odds stacked against us. We'll be back next year
    Well said. And for added bonus points, you were able to do it without being the jerk I was in my post.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Seriously! This isn't twitter. You really think the kid is going to go over all the Steelers message boards looking for approval? SMH! Jesus Christ!
    http://247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-T...oncos-42916282
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Those two kids have very bright futures ahead of them !

That is if you haters could stop hating on Toissaint. You're gonna drive the kid to commit suicide ! Would THAT make you all feel better ?

Would it ?
    I'm not blaming Fitz...at all. Read before you speak.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

HATERS......

Q: What is the difference in Jerome Bettis's critical fumble and Toissaint's fumble today ?

ANSWER:

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!
    Resume?

Final result?

That Jerome didn't try to overextend the play? Look I get it shit happens. And fans vent. The kid screwed up big time and it cost us big time. It pisses me off.

I'll get over it and so will he. But just not yet.

We really had a chance to be in the AFC title game, and poof then it was gone.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm not blaming Fitz...at all. Read before you speak.
    You aren't, but others surely are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I'll get over it and so will he. But just not yet.

We really had a chance to be in the AFC title game, and poof then it was gone.
    I know you will. You're a good dude and know you're not a real hater.

We should not have even made it this far this season due to all the injuries. Pure gravy. Just sit back and imagine if those injures didn't consume a bunch of our KEY players! WOW !

But hey, that's life right ?

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Pinning the loss entirely on him would be stupid. The special teams sucked ass, Ben missed some critical throws early, the receivers dropped passes,..........and of course the defense while playing admirably overall still could have stopped Denver without giving up points after the fumble and they didn't. They still allowed a scrub WR to get a first down on 3rd and 12
    I think you have this one nailed down.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I don't blame Fitz for this one. I'll adopt him personally as one of the heroes this year. He gave us a credible running threat and a TD. Without either of those, we wouldn't have been in this game.

I raise my glass to Fitz Toussaint. I'm glad he's on our side.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Big Ben: We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Toussaint

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-for-Toussaint

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    ...as a good leader should. Yeah Ben!!

Here's what I don't get . . .

Toussaint made the mistake of trying too hard and fighting for yards. We've seen others make the same mistake. Frankly, if he made any mistake, I'd rather see him make that one than anything else.

So, why is everyone pissing and mourning about a guy who's starting his second professional game - in the playoffs, and makes the same mistake many others in his position makes?

Look, it wasn't a selfish penalty. He didn't spike the football in the middle of the field. He didn't decide to try and change the play all on his own. So why are some people being so foolish as to crucify him—as if they'd run him out of town with torches and pickforks?

I get we're upset at the fumble. We should be. We're pissed at the play. Fine. But personal attacks and insults at a young kid who made a mistake by trying too hard is utterly foolish, IMO.
    Last edited by Craic; 01-18-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It's really simple. He is being made the scapegoat because it is much easier to pin the loss on the 3rd string RB who made the critical fumble

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Aditi Kinkhabwala ✔@AKinkhabwala

Art Rooney walking through locker room, shaking hands w/ every Steeler. Spends extra minute w/ RB Fitz Toussaint.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't blame Touissant. It was a good play by Denver, could have happened to anyone. And it was one mistake that just happened to occur at a bad time. We had plenty of missed opportunities before that, and several chances to prevent it from becoming a back-breaker after. We make one defensive stop on 3rd-and-12, Gay holds on to the interception, or stop their RB a yard earlier at the goal line, and we're not having this discussion. Convert a couple of those big plays earlier in the game into TDs, and we're not even in that position.

For a third-string running back, the guy gave us all we could ask for. Overall, he was effective. A far cry from the days when our backups or even our starters would average about 1.9 yards a carry when we needed them most.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Ben has really grown up these last couple of years
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Here's something for all you Toussaint HATERS.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-T...oncos-42916282

Feel better now ?

Let go of your hatred and MOVE ON !!
    Yeah, I'm happy that the poor guy basically became a Bill Buckner, gained a guilt complex, and the Steelers lost the game in such a heartbreaking fashion.

I'm happy and joyous for all of that./sarcasm

That's tough for Fitz, but it does no good for him to sit and cry. He's a goat and he has to live with it. He should've held onto that ball. It wasn't a big time tackle or a strip, it was complete carelessness on his part, and the Steelers payed for it.

That play is going to be played and re-played over and over again all offseason, and even beyond.

Now we'll see how he responds to this. It's a challenge. Will he channel this into being a much better player next year, or wither away into nothingness?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah, but he doesn't prepare enough and is a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    That's tough for Fitz, but it does no good for him to sit and cry. He's a goat and he has to live with it. He should've held onto that ball. It wasn't a big time tackle or a strip, it was complete carelessness on his part, and the Steelers payed for it.

That play is going to be played and re-played over and over again all offseason, and even beyond.

Now we'll see how he responds to this. It's a challenge. Will he channel this into being a much better player next year, or wither away into nothingness?
    Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.....

For what purpose would the media and haters keep rehashing that play ? For WHAT ? As a focus point to keep spewing your HATRED ? Really ?

There's enough hatred spewing out of Bunghole fans right now to saturate the world already! We don't need that mentality infiltrating Steeler Nation! Reach inside yourselves and rise above it !

You'all NEED to read and re-read and re-read Steelreserve's posting until it sinks into your skulls until ya'll let go of your hatred towards this man's MISTAKE !

I don't blame Touissant. It was a good play by Denver, could have happened to anyone. And it was one mistake that just happened to occur at a bad time.

We had plenty of missed opportunities before that, and several chances to prevent it from becoming a back-breaker after.

We make one defensive stop on 3rd-and-12, Gay holds on to the interception, or stop their RB a yard earlier at the goal line, and we're not having this discussion.

Convert a couple of those big plays earlier in the game into TDs, and we're not even in that position.

For a third-string running back, the guy gave us all we could ask for. Overall, he was effective.

A far cry from the days when our backups or even our starters would average about 1.9 yards a carry when we needed them most.
    Football is the ULTIMATE TEAM sport . Is it not ?