Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hero's and zero's

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Re: Hero's and zero's

One play my ass. Give credit to Denvers DBs making TD saving tackles against some of the fastest WRs in the league
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    One play my ass. Give credit to Denvers DBs making TD saving tackles against some of the fastest WRs in the league
    If Touissant doesn't fumble our chances or winning were tremendous.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

No one's fault. The 3rd string running back fumbled. Shocking. I mean there might be a reason that he went undrafted and got cut multiple times...

If I'm supposed to ignore how much Wallace sometimes screws the pooch, you can't really bag on Touissant.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    No one's fault. The 3rd string running back fumbled. Shocking. I mean there might be a reason that he went undrafted and got cut multiple times...

If I'm supposed to ignore how much Wallace sometimes screws the pooch, you can't really bag on Touissant.
    Sure I can. And so is Charlie Batch right now on the radio. Is he clueless? You know more than he does? Toissant effed up on that play big time. It changed the game! There was no reason for him to get greedy on that play! Had he played within the framework of the play and showed a better understanding of the game circumstances the season is most likely not over.

Yeah I get he was a 3rd string back. But he made a crucial game changing mistake and if you want to pretend it didn't happen or didn't matter, well that's just goofy.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    If Touissant doesn't fumble our chances or winning were tremendous.

If Toussaint doesn't play so well last week, our chances of making it to the divisional round were not so tremendous

you have one hell of a vendetta against a 3rd string player.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    If Toussaint doesn't play so well last week, our chances of making it to the divisional round were not so tremendous

you have one hell of a vendetta against a 3rd string player.
    No vendetta. Just pointing out the obvious! It was a big time mistake. Game changing. The game is only hours in the book. I'm still pissed!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm not mad at Toussaint for the fumble. It was close, shit happens. *shrug*
    There were several plays in that game that tipped the balance. That's one of them, but only one.

We'll come back next year healthy (hopefully without Michael Vick) and give it another go.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I'm not mad at Toussaint for the fumble. It was close, shit happens. *shrug*

We'll come back next year healthy (hopefully without Michael Vick) and give it another go.
    The fact he wasn't activated today with Ben potentially one solid hit from being done tells you he's gone.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Goat: Fitz Toussiant, and I feel for the kid. I hope he's on the team next year, he's got a lot of potential. Special teams is also a goat here.

Hero: Ben for being tough as nails. Bryant for having one of his best all-around games. I think he clinched the #2 receiver spot today.

People are going to blame the defense/Butler. Manning, even without the arm strength he had even two years ago, still gets rid of the ball lightning fast. He got pressured but didn't get sacked because of that fast release. Willie Gay had two near interceptions, can't blame Butler because they clanged off his hands. The defense played pretty damn well, but were gassed in the fourth quarter after being on the field for most of the second half.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoneblitzerII View Post
    He dropped an easy TD pass on a perfectly thrown ball by Ben. Good receivers make those catches. That's what they're paid to do.
    I don't know if I would exactly call that an easy catch. Should he have caught it yes, but a couple defenders on him. Other than that, he did actually have a good game in the receiving department.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

How about the ENTIRE FUCKING DEFENSIVE FRONT for forgetting to fucking TOUCH Manning for a sack! If you absolutely have to place blame somewhere, then there's where it belongs.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I don't know if I would exactly call that an easy catch. Should he have caught it yes, but a couple defenders on him. Other than that, he did actually have a good game in the receiving department.
    I thought that was an easy interference call. Defender doesn't turn back to see the ball and has his hand in 11's face before the ball gets to him. tough no call there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
    How about the ENTIRE FUCKING DEFENSIVE FRONT for forgetting to fucking TOUCH Manning for a sack! If you absolutely have to place blame somewhere, then there's where it belongs.
    By rule he gave himself up on that play and could easily have been ruled down. Manning's own sheepish comments concerning the play in his post game presser tell you that he knew he got away with one.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
    At first I felt the same way. When they replayed it I saw that nobody gave up on him, they were simply too far away too put hands on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Im not blaming anybody for this loss except for the officials. Goodell in the stadium, the fix was in. At least 2 no calls for PI that should have been called and you have a pussy qb slide cause hes afraid of getting then can pop back up and complete a pass. Im not whining cause i pretty much expected the NFL "push" for a brady/manning afc championship game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk