Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hero's and zero's

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Hero's and zero's

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    He can. Easily. I think it was more the wind than the distance.
    No. It was a coaches decision. He wanted the TD. If it would have been 4th and 4 instead of 4th and 1 Boswell is on the field.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I've cooled down. Somewhat. But Toussant is the primary goat. No escaping that.
    Toussaint is THE GOAT. No escaping that.

People will say it's unfair and harsh, but this is the nature of life. Just like Steve Bartman and Earnest Byner, scapegoating a harsh part of reality we all face.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I will say, Marty had a really good game tonight.

Junior Member Array title="Kanata Steeler is an unknown quantity at this point"> Kanata Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Heroes: Ben for toughing it out, Harrison, Martavis even with the dropped pass
    Zeroes: Special teams especially Wheaton and Berry
    yep,
    Marcus Wheaton stunk of the place today.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanata Steeler View Post
    yep,
    Marcus Wheaton stunk of the place today.
    Marcus was pretty good receiving. It was just on special teams he wasn't good.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Agreed, he did make some good plays today.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

It's in the moment guy. If you can;t understand raw emotion then I really don;t give a fuck!

- - - Updated - - -

Backstabber!

This coming from the guy who never gives Haley credit but overreacts to every damn play that doesn;t work/
    I didn't meant at the regular posters here. But it seems to me that whenever Steelers lose some just pop up to criticize. I have no problem with that either, but when somebody calls a football player an asshole and dick sucker just because he was not being carefull for a moment, then I don't understand it. Sure, he lost us a game, sure we are all down, some more than other, but if call our own a asshole, we are not much better than squawks or bungles fans. And we take much pride in fact that we are better than those so called fans.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

This coming from the guy who never gives Haley credit but overreacts to every damn play that doesn;t work/
    Credit for what? This offense muddled in pretty much the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring the same way it did as when Arians was still around for the first 2-and-a-half years of Haley's tenure. When Munchak got hired on and Bell and Bryant exploded that's when things finally started to turn. He's nothing special as an OC and I think we could do better.

Senior Member Array title="zoneblitzerII will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Good effort by Ben and the rest of the team.But this team sucks in situation football on offense.
    True for the most part. They were the better team in this game and should've won by at least 10 but they just didn't capatilize on their opportunities. And again they had a chance to drive down and tie, but yet again, their situational football failed miserably.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

the fumble killed us, but the d shit the bed after it.

Goat ST play the whole game

Hero ben going to hororable mention sammy coates and the boz

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="zoneblitzerII will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    He dropped an easy TD pass on a perfectly thrown ball by Ben. Good receivers make those catches. That's what they're paid to do.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Burfict single handedly destroyed our season. Imagine playing this entire season with both Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell...despite Ben's injuries.

Either of them would have made a difference in this game.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Credit for what? This offense muddled in pretty much the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring the same way it did as when Arians was still around for the first 2-and-a-half years of Haley's tenure. When Munchak got hired on and Bell and Bryant exploded that's when things finally started to turn. He's nothing special as an OC and I think we could do better.
    I agree and I'd be jumping up and down if Haley left. Please, someone hire him!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Terrapinstation is on a distinguished road">

Markus Wheaton sucks. Muffed punts, a dropped TD pass. He's not a rookie. Hopefully have seen the last of him. Coates can replace him.

Tomlin, you either have confidence in your kicker or you don't. If you don't, you better try to find one you do. Boswell has been awesome. You punted twice instead of giving the kid a chance.

Pretty good season all things considered. I'm still convinced Denver sucks, and will get destroyed next week. We could have/should have won this game.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Burfict single handedly destroyed our season. Imagine playing this entire season with both Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell...despite Ben's injuries.

So Vontaze Burfict made Toussaint fumble the ball?

Why not. He had vudu dolls stuck all over his room and stuck Fitz at the right moment.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoneblitzerII View Post
    He dropped an easy TD pass on a perfectly thrown ball by Ben. Good receivers make those catches. That's what they're paid to do.
    I wouldn't call that a drop. I call that a PI by Talib that the asshole refs should've thrown a flag on. He never turned to look at the ball and put his hands up into Bryant's face before the ball got there.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

So true. We win easy today with both those guys.

Great game by all except our punter and Toussaint.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I agree and I'd be jumping up and down if Haley left. Please, someone hire him!
    Seems to me the main reason ARII basically canned Arians and hired Haley was to help keep Ben upright and healthy? Do you remember a season that Ben was more banged up in than this one? I don't.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

You fall on the sword for Tomlin but you got this huge blind spot for Haley. The guy's a good OC. Ask Mojouw. seriously you want to put a dagger in my back look in the mirror. any play call that works crickets from you. Same play call, same circumstance as before doesn't work, you're killing Haley! You want to call fellow Steeler fans out for being unreasonable check yourself out too.

Without our best wr, and two best rb's, despite special teams costing us points and field position we were in position to win the game if our 3rd string rb doesn't try to be hero and spinderrella out of a 1st down (or 3rnd and inches) and into a fumble! I;d blame Butler for this loss more than Haley. Only one sack and no forced turnovers.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I wouldn't call that a drop. I call that a PI by Talib that the asshole refs should've thrown a flag on. He never turned to look at the ball and put his hands up into Bryant's face before the ball got there.
    It was Wheaton not Bryant. And the difference between an Antonio Brown and a Marcus Wheaton is that Brown stops runs back to the ball and get Talib to run into him for a sure flag. Wheaton is too passive about going for the ball.

Yep, should have been first and goal.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Its hard to blame any Steeler other than Berry. 2 punts of 29 yards back to back and another with a net of 19 blasted into the ez. Wind is no excuse
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Seems to me the main reason ARII basically canned Arians and hired Haley was to help keep Ben upright and healthy? Do you remember a season that Ben was more banged up in than this one? I don't.
    Ridiculous! Ben got sacked 20 times in how many drop backs this year?

While I think Haley has major culpability in Ben getting hurt last week, overall I think he's done a good job of making Ben a better player.

Junior Member Array title="Kanata Steeler is an unknown quantity at this point"> Kanata Steeler's Avatar

yes that, and ARII wanted more a running game.

If you're looking for a hero today I think Tuitt played a tremendous game!

I gotta give some props to Coates. Man, I wish that he'd been given some more opportunities this year. I really like his potential. Just imagine AB, Martavis, Wheaton and Coates! I think that Wheaton's going to end up getting squeezed out.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're looking for a hero today I think Tuitt played a tremendous game!
    He's been one of the highlights of the year for me.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Gotta give Toussaint the goat, but im still proud of the way he's played in Deangelo's absence. It's good to know that we probably dont have to look far for RB depth next season. Keep your chin up Frency.

Game ball goes to Ben, Martavis for playing one of his most complete games ever, and really the defense in general. We were just a couple plays short today but no one gave us a chance and everyone came out fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Toussaint (but the kid was pretty much better than anyone thought and all game he was protecting that ball like it was his job), Special Teams. O-Line at times.

I'd really appreciate seeing Danny Smith hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

You fall on the sword for Tomlin but you got this huge blind spot for Haley. The guy's a good OC. Ask Mojouw. seriously you want to put a dagger in my back look in the mirror. any play call that works crickets from you. Same play call, same circumstance as before doesn't work, you're killing Haley! You want to call fellow Steeler fans out for being unreasonable check yourself out too.
    Really? Who started this thread? Wasn't me!

Really? Who started this thread? Wasn't me!
    Yeah I did, Touissant is the primary goat. I stand by that. I shouldn't have called him an asshat. But I was mad at the time. I really think that one play is the primary reason we're not sitting here looking ahead to playing the Patriots in the AFC champ game.