Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Divisional Round: Denver Broncos

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Divisional Round: Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Without Ben do you think the Steelers could put up the 30 that they would need to win? I don't see them putting up more than 17 with Jones at the helm...and that might be generous...there would have to be some sort of Broncos turnover in their own territory to get there.
    And if Brown doesn't play, there is no threat of a PR or decent field position to help out the offense.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well if our defense can step up the pressure, then we have a decent chance to turn this into a defensive game, that plays well for us. That is probably out only chance to pull off the upset here. There def will get their stops, but we do have some very good weapons (as long as AB plays) and if we can get the ball in their hands (whether on short throws or whatever) then we have a chance. I think Cincy's DL is better than the Broncos so if we can open up running lanes for TnT then that helps us as well. We have to stop their running game and we have to press the WR's to give time for the rush to get to Manning. The good thing is their OL is terrible so we should be able to get pressure. I am going to call a it a close defensive game, if Ben and AB play we will win, if either one is out we probably lose this game.

All that said, getting to the 2nd rnd of the playoffs is more than I expected this season, if we can get a true top level cover corner for next season we will be making a serious SB run. Our younger guys are getting valuable experience these last two weeks and getting a taste of championship level football, hopefully it makes them hungry for next season.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Without Ben do you think the Steelers could put up the 30 that they would need to win? I don't see them putting up more than 17 with Jones at the helm...and that might be generous...there would have to be some sort of Broncos turnover in their own territory to get there.
    I agree... 10-13 points is what I figure Jones will earn on him own.

Add in the aforementioned 12-18 "easy" points off of turnovers.

TOTAL: 22-31 points

(This game will rest on the shoulders of the defense.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lotas View Post
    One good thing we have going for us with Ben and Brown questionable is the defense knows they have to step up, and it's largely on them to win this game.
    Spot on.

ESPN did a piece on the Bengals, and how their defense had cranked it up a notch once Dalton went down.

Kniwing that hat it's going to be an uphill battle for Pittsburgh's offense, I foresee Pittsburgh's defense stepping up to the challenge (via creating turnovers).

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Many think the Steelers defense is horrible, but it is far from being the case.This defense is not perfect, but they have finished in the top 3 for the turnovers, sacks and 11th in points given.

I am confident this defense will be good in Denver since the broncos not have a very good offense this year.But we must not play the same defense that the first half against them in week 15!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Many think the Steelers defense is horrible, but it is far from being the case.This defense is not perfect, but they have finished in the top 3 for the turnovers, sacks and 11th in points given.

I am confident this defense will be good in Denver since the broncos not have a very good offense this year.But we must not play the same defense that the first half against them in week 15!
    Amen!!!!!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

They're already crying about that personal foul by Wallace in the first game.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

so tight man coverage minus BLAKE...im game
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

You have to pressure Manning, doesnt have to be anything special, but if you give him (or anyone) all day to pass you will lose. Yes he gets rid of it quick, makes the rush mostly ineffective, but he was sacked a good number of times before he was out, have to make him take his throws faster then he wants. Have to jam the WR's to give just that little bit more time as well. Their OL is complete garbage so we may be able to get pressure just rushing 4.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

would be more excited about that if the circumstances were different...

his possibility of impact also seems to be mitigated by the fact that Ben probably wont be as effective on his deep ball, assuming he's able to toss one
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    You have to pressure Manning, doesnt have to be anything special, but if you give him (or anyone) all day to pass you will lose. Yes he gets rid of it quick, makes the rush mostly ineffective, but he was sacked a good number of times before he was out, have to make him take his throws faster then he wants. Have to jam the WR's to give just that little bit more time as well. Their OL is complete garbage so we may be able to get pressure just rushing 4.
    Totally agree. Manning will be a statue. We have to hit him and get him rushing throws. Cannot let him sit back there and pick us apart. Defense has to step up and dominate this one. The man has a bad foot, make him move on it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The first game of Manning with the Broncos were against the steelers.

Maybe his last game with the Broncos will be against the steelers too!
    Positive thinking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Yes, I didn't agree with that post by Alex at all. Our DBs aren't nearly good enough to just sit back in coverage. If you can get some pressure on Manning, he'll make some mistakes. He's not the QB that he used to be.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

The key to this game is Denver RT, Michael Schofield.

Every other team takes advantage of him, in order to get pressure on the Denver QB. A few weeks ago, Osweiler was benched, because Schofield let defenders blow right by him for two sack-fumbles.

If there were ever a game where Bud Dupree needed to show why he was taken in R1, this is the game. Beyond that, Butler needs to send a DB at Schofield... and swing Shazier around the outside... and slide the D-line to the left, so that Tuitt can go up against Schofield a few times...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Totally agree. Manning will be a statue.
    He also has a noodle for an arm at this point.

The only news I have seen on AB was not good news, still showing concussion symptoms yesterday . . . I sure hope MB, DHB, Wheaton and Heath step it up this week. I am confident they can play well enough in the WR department to beat the Broncos, but with Ben not being 100% they are going to need to have the best game of their lives to win this weekend!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The only news I have seen on AB was not good news, still showing concussion symptoms yesterday . . . I sure hope MB, DHB, Wheaton and Heath step it up this week. I am confident they can play well enough in the WR department to beat the Broncos, but with Ben not being 100% they are going to need to have the best game of their lives to win this weekend!
    Also need help from Frenchy (and Todman) and The Outlaw

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Maybe they'll shoot Peezy again.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Okay, time to stop thinking about that war, err game against the Bungles. Hopefully our players have been able to focus on Denver because we have a losing playoff record and I'd love to see that corrected. An aging Manning -- will be pull it together for one more ride, or will he go down to the physical demands of the sport?

Can the battered Steelers Offense step it up against another excellent Defense and actually score some points? I mean come on.....20 points is not unreasonable! We could be in for another wild ride......

Dissolv

Well, I am debating on getting tix for this game . . . they are pricey, but would be a fun game to go to (especially if we pull off the upset)!

#FBF

After a win in Denver:

It is sounding like Ben will be ok for this game, after reading up on the injury, it is mainly a pain tolerance issue, and we all know he can play through some pain. He probably won't be tossing 50yarders but 25-30 should be fine. Also Wheaton said when throwing today, he didnt notice a difference. I hope they get through this game!

It is sounding like Ben will be ok for this game, after reading up on the injury, it is mainly a pain tolerance issue, and we all know he can play through some pain. He probably won't be tossing 50yarders but 25-30 should be fine. Also Wheaton said when throwing today, he didnt notice a difference. I hope they get through this game!
    thats a bit more reassuring. Wheaton is going to need a seahawks like performance for this one

The steelers don't need to score 30 points to win this game.....20 points could be enough for the steelers if they protect the football.

Lets hope this is the case, I think they could put up 21-24 pts

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I still think the Steelers can win this game and, get the pressure on Manning. I'm pretty sure Ben will play and, I think he is going to surprise some people. Maybe DHB makes a few big plays in this game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The steelers don't need to score 30 points to win this game.....20 points could be enough for the steelers if they protect the football.
    Manning will put up 28 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Manning will put up 28 points.
    Is that total? 21 for the Broncos and 7 for the Steelers?