Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Divisional Round: Denver Broncos

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Divisional Round: Denver Broncos

I'm also reminded of that report a couple years ago that Ben's rotator cuff was not normal and was susceptible to injury.

Bottom line, Ben has to be cleared to play on Sunday. I was quite shocked that he could even throw the way he did on Saturday.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think we'll be questioning it all week...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think Ben will play, even with his injury he's still stronger than Manning. I don't think Manning will hold up under the D's blitzing. The Steelers may come into this game limping, but still have a good shot of winning it. Even if Williams plays I'd keep both Fitz and Todman on deck. Lets hope Brown is cleared.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

any win (assuming we have any left) from here on out will be a pyrrhic victory knowing that Ben is pretty much risking the remainder of his career on this run
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Even if Ben plays, can he stay healthy? Denver does have one of the best pass rushes in the league and it isn't out of the question that he gets sacked/hit a lot

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Even if Ben plays, can he stay healthy? Denver does have one of the best pass rushes in the league and it isn't out of the question that he gets sacked/hit a lot
    im hearing 2 things, sprained ac joint or separated shoulder. seems like either one means Ben wont be fully healthy until after the season, no matter how far we get
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well the Denver media certainly believes the Steeler's have less than zero change to win this game. Several have said the Steeler's didn't deserve to be there and that Peyton is going to shred our defense like nobody's business. Now, I would agree with them if Ben or AB are no-go's, but if they are a go, it will be how well our def holds up against their offense that determines this game.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well the Denver media certainly believes the Steeler's have less than zero change to win this game. Several have said the Steeler's didn't deserve to be there and that Peyton is going to shred our defense like nobody's business. Now, I would agree with them if Ben or AB are no-go's, but if they are a go, it will be how well our def holds up against their offense that determines this game.
    This is shared with their asshole fans as well. I'm starting to believe that the only fans that post (except here of course!!!) are total and complete brain dead idiots. There's no way fans can be so dumb. Of course hate can blind some from facts no matter what, so there's that. I would like to add that it's quite obvious the idiots posting this stupidity absolutely could NOT have watched the game because the game I watched the Steelers led and held the criminals in check for 3 out of 4 quarters and absolutely deserve to move on. Would these teams rather face a team that is so motivated to injure players...oh but wait, the Steelers are WORSE than the Bengals, that's right, silly me to forget that cause we took out exactly how many star players this year?????? Uneducated, unknowledgeable and unable to open their eyes past their hate fans....Denver has them too. What a shame.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The steelers are huge underdog in this game......Time to shock the world!!!!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I live in the Denver area as well. They're delusional. Manning's arm is gone and they refuse to face that fact. Osweiler scares me more than Manning at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I live in the Denver area as well. They're delusional. Manning's arm is gone and they refuse to face that fact. Osweiler scares me more than Manning at this point.
    I don't know though, he looked pretty good in his last game here, against the bengals right? Of course the Steelers and backup QBs is quite another thing.

YOU ARE STAYING OUT OF THAT STADIUM THAT DAY CORRECT???? We have enough problems of our own, don't need to have a semi-omen in their presence.

The steelers are underdog by 6.5 points right now....

The Broncos won by more than 7 points only 3 times this year(GB,SD and DET)

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    YOU ARE STAYING OUT OF THAT STADIUM THAT DAY CORRECT???? We have enough problems of our own, don't need to have a semi-omen in their presence.
    Absolutely. I'll be watching the game in HD from the comfort of the recliner in my living room.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The steelers are underdog by 6.5 points right now....

The Broncos won by more than 7 points only 3 times this year(GB,SD and DET)
    Good. They historically do much better as underdogs. And the bigger the underdog they're made out to be, the better they seem to play.

So go ahead and keep right on telling our team they don't have a chance.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    This is shared with their asshole fans as well. I'm starting to believe that the only fans that post (except here of course!!!) are total and complete brain dead idiots. There's no way fans can be so dumb. Of course hate can blind some from facts no matter what, so there's that. I would like to add that it's quite obvious the idiots posting this stupidity absolutely could NOT have watched the game because the game I watched the Steelers led and held the criminals in check for 3 out of 4 quarters and absolutely deserve to move on. Would these teams rather face a team that is so motivated to injure players...oh but wait, the Steelers are WORSE than the Bengals, that's right, silly me to forget that cause we took out exactly how many star players this year?????? Uneducated, unknowledgeable and unable to open their eyes past their hate fans....Denver has them too. What a shame.
    The funny thing is, I was talking about the sports people on each of the Denver networks!

The funny thing is, I was talking about the sports people on each of the Denver networks!
    Oh crap, I think I thought it was the media and fans. Monday eyes. So disrespectful. Especially those guys should know better than to overlook a team no matter what condition that team is in. I don't have a lot of hope either, but I know better than to ever count this team out. I hope the Broncos think the same way as the media and totally think we don't stand a chance.

diversions? is this guy for fucking real

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Sweet!!!... because, Peyton sucks in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

The AFC QB in 11 of last 12 Super Bowls has been either Ben, Manning or Brady.

There are 4 QBs that were #1 draft picks playing this weekend. And the 4 QBs that weren't are Ben, Brady, Aaron Rogers and Russell Wilson.

i predict Steelers win this game and Osweiler will come in in mid 3rd quarter to play for an ineffective Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    The AFC QB in 11 of last 12 Super Bowls has been either Ben, Manning or Brady.

There are 4 QBs that were #1 draft picks playing this weekend. And the 4 QBs that weren't are Ben, Brady, Aaron Rogers and Russell Wilson.

i predict Steelers win this game and Osweiler will come in in mid 3rd quarter to play for an ineffective Manning.
    No chance. Manning will probably throw for 400 and 5 TDs...setting up an epic failure in Foxboro the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No chance. Manning will probably throw for 400 and 5 TDs...setting up an epic failure in Foxboro the following week.

If the Broncos win, the game will be in Denver for the AFC title game.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Please, no celebrating in the EZ after a score or a TO. Just play the game to win it without doing something Cincinnati like.
    All Defense!

If the Broncos win, the game will be in Denver for the AFC title game.
    That's right...so failure in Mile High...lol

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Kinda has that feel, doesn't it. But with us being such underdogs in this one, who knows.

I'll use the regular season game against Denver as an example (their QB not withstanding). Will we get the first half defense in that game that gave up 4 straight TD's, or will we get the 2nd half defense from that game who shut them out the rest of the way.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I'll use the regular season game against Denver as an example (their QB not withstanding). Will we get the first half defense in that game that gave up 4 straight TD's, or will we get the 2nd half defense from that game who shut them out the rest of the way.
    I see somewhere in the middle. The defense will likely give up 10-14 points in each half (20-28 total).

That said, some of those blitzes that got almost got to McCarron would get to an immobile Peyton. Peyton doesn't take sacks, he throws it away... but, with his weak arm, he's been turning those throw always into INTs. I could see him giving the offense two or three short fields, as well as a pick six.

So, while Peyton will put up 20-28, I could also see him setting up the Steelers with 12-18 easy points (in addition to anything else that the offense can muster).

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I see somewhere in the middle. The defense will likely give up 10-14 points in each half (20-28 total).

That said, some of those blitzes that got almost got to McCarron would get to an immobile Peyton. Peyton doesn't take sacks, he throws it away... but, with his weak arm, he's been turning those throw always into INTs. I could see him giving the offense two or three short fields, as well as a pick six.

So, while Peyton will put up 20-28, I could also see him setting up the Steelers with 12-18 easy points (in addition to anything else that the offense can muster).
    Without Ben do you think the Steelers could put up the 30 that they would need to win? I don't see them putting up more than 17 with Jones at the helm...and that might be generous...there would have to be some sort of Broncos turnover in their own territory to get there.

Member Array title="lotas will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

One good thing we have going for us with Ben and Brown questionable is the defense knows they have to step up, and it's largely on them to win this game.

And instead of the defense being questioned and criticized coming into this game, they are riding high on their efforts and their ability to take back the game in Cinci and give the offense a chance to win.

The first game of Manning with the Broncos were against the steelers.

Maybe his last game with the Broncos will be against the steelers too!