Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Training Camp

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Re: 2010 Training Camp

Great News for me!! I have decided to go up this coming Sunday and take the little lady to her first TC. I hope to see some of you all.

P.S. Not sure how I would know it's any of you. lol

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Member Array title="BigBenFn7 is an unknown quantity at this point">

I've never been out to a camp but one of these years I will make a weekend of it. I know I would have fun, it's just getting someone to go along with me since everyone I know are either Bengals or Browns fans(being that I live in Ohio).

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Im going to Training Camp tomorrow and Sunday for the day WOO! Im excited and Ill take plenty of pics!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Im going to Training Camp tomorrow and Sunday for the day WOO! Im excited and Ill take plenty of pics!
    Hope you share the pics with us can't wait to see them.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

I had my own little TC thread going but it got locked down.

Sadness is upon me ....

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

I'll be there tomorrow wearing my Big Ben shadow jersey. Gotta show my support for the big guy..

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    I'll be there tomorrow wearing my Big Ben shadow jersey. Gotta show my support for the big guy..
    Post plenty of pictures and info!!

I'll take the video camera. It looks like a regular camera.. lol

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I went today and had alot of fun. Gave Ben a high five and got some nice autographs.

Issac Redman tossed me his glove too so that was probably the highlight of the day.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I went today and had alot of fun. Gave Ben a high five and got some nice autographs.

Issac Redman tossed me his glove too so that was probably the highlight of the day.
    Isn't training camp a blast!!

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Isn't training camp a blast!!
    Oh yes! it was my second time going and both were alot of fun. I'll be going back for sure!
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Oh yes! it was my second time going and both were alot of fun. I'll be going back for sure!
    Glad you enjoyed it I hope to make the trip someday.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

My bro and I will be there on Sunday and Monday. It's my last chance to get away before my wife pops out our baby girl this fall. Anyone else going on those days?
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

I'm going again this Sunday, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

The only training camp i visited was in 1979,and i guess it really was not a training camp.The Steelers use to scrimmage with the Redskins at wilson college in Carlisle,Pa. It used to be an anual event. Wish they never stopped it.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Hey - XT and I will be at Steelers TC today and if anyone else is going to be out there, look us up! We sit at the top of the hill on chairs facing the field and we're easy to spot - a big black guy accompanied by a Liz Taylor (in her younger days of course ) look-a-like with medium length auburn hair with blonde highlights. Hope to get to meet a couple of you at camp!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

I am going to be there today at the very top of the hill to the right of where the bleachers are, I'll look for you guys.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    I am going to be there today at the very top of the hill to the right of where the bleachers are, I'll look for you guys.
    That's where we're going to be so we'll see you there!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I am sooooo jealous right now.

AML

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I am sooooo jealous right now.
    Me, too! Just got back to hot, steamy, nasty Shitzinnati yesterday. Western Pa. was sooooo less humid. Friday night in Latrobe was gorgeous.....absolutely perfect.
    Last edited by stillers4me; 08-09-2010 at 07:18 PM.

What a great experience today at Steelers TC! There was a LOT of concentration on the rushing game and Mendy, MeMo and Jonathan Dwyer were exceptional! Mendy's cuts were done with speed and precision and I have to say - Flozell Adams on that right side makes a HUGE difference. As XT said - he's a house on legs. He beat Aaron Smith like a rented mule on just about every play.

Now for Ben. I'm telling ya - he looks phenomenal both physically and behind center. He's lost what looks to be 35-40 lbs. and is in the best shape I think I've ever seen him. He hasn't lost a beat and his passes looked quite crisp. Lefty looked really good, too, and Dix and Batch threw some nice passes, as well, in the very limited time I saw either of them. Lefty played mainly with the first team so I think it's a no-brainer who is going to be in the QB position when the season starts and he looks rarin' to go! Props also to Pouncey who looked really good playing at center today and I think Hartwig plays much better as a G than as a C.

Didn't really get to see too much on the D side of the ball, as they seemed to be really focusing on the rushing attack today. All in all, I was quite pleased with what I saw and am looking forward to the season now more than ever!

XT and I didn't take any pics because they would have been more of the same pics already posted.

GO STEELERS!!!!

P.S. Hey vader - did you go to TC? We were waiting for you to find us but no luck.

Senior Member Array title="siss is a jewel in the rough"> siss's Avatar

You got pictures of the stud right (you know who I want!)

Jim Wexell tweeted that Lefty went out with ice on his right arm. Do you know anything about that?

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Hey - XT and I will be at Steelers TC today and if anyone else is going to be out there, look us up! We sit at the top of the hill on chairs facing the field and we're easy to spot - a big black guy accompanied by a Liz Taylor (in her younger days of course ) look-a-like with medium length auburn hair with blonde highlights. Hope to get to meet a couple of you at camp!
    I was there today. You weren't the crazy lady in the stands yelling for Antwaan Randel El's autograph were you?

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    I was there today. You weren't the crazy lady in the stands yelling for Antwaan Randel El's autograph were you?
    Nope. XT and I were sitting in chairs up at the top of the hill on the right at about the 10 YL. I was the one, however, using my binocs to lust on Skippy doing his head to knee leg warmups. I wish I had known you were going today buddy.

Sue - I didn't know about Lefty as we left SV's at about 4:30 PM to get a jump on the traffic. Must have happened when he was on the other side of the field. Geez - he looked so good from what I saw of him - hope he's OK.

Nope. XT and I were sitting in chairs up at the top of the hill on the right at about the 10 YL. I was the one, however, using my binocs to lust on Skippy doing his head to knee leg warmups. I wish I had known you were going today buddy.
    I would have liked to meet you as well! I'll be posting a few pics as soon as I get home tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    I would have liked to meet you as well! I'll be posting a few pics as soon as I get home tomorrow.
    We'll be at both the Steelers/Panthers pre-season game in September and the Raiders regular season game in November if you or anyone else is going and would like to meet up!

P.S. Hey vader - did you go to TC? We were waiting for you to find us but no luck.
    If you would face the bleachers I was sitting to the right of where they were in a chair probably around 10 spaces over. I walked around looking for you guys but couldn't find where you were, should have just yelled if anyone was from Steelers Universe.

Anyhow just got home a few minutes ago as my radiator sprung a leak and my truck overheated and I was stuck just off of the highway for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Jim Wexell tweeted that Lefty went out with ice on his right arm. Do you know anything about that?

Ben had his wrapped in ice at the end of practice last week, it's most likely nothing but treatment from a lot of throwing.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Sue - I didn't know about Lefty as we left SV's at about 4:30 PM to get a jump on the traffic. Must have happened when he was on the other side of the field. Geez - he looked so good from what I saw of him - hope he's OK.

You left at 4:30??? Cause of traffic???? Whaaaaat? What type of fan are you? shoooot, haha. The traffic is not that bad (usually flows nice since there are like 3-4 different exit points from SVC)...haha..some people, jk. Missing out on the fun part to interact with some of the players/etc. Shame shame haha :-P