Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Training Camp

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I'm more of a defectiveguy, but it I were there I would be watching the WRs this year.
    Yeah, I want to hear about the young LB's we drafted as well. Especially Worlids(sp?).

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

We went a couple of years ago. I high-fived Ben, Troy, and Keisel....my DNA mingled with their DNA and I haven't washed my hand since.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    We went a couple of years ago. I high-fived Ben, Troy, and Keisel....my DNA mingled with their DNA and I haven't washed my hand since.
    So when you go out, do you offer your bitches some shots?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    So when you go out, do you offer your bitches some shots?
    You're all my bitches.

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

Re: 2010 Training Camp

I'm shooting for 2nd weekend in August. Have to see how work etc. goes.
    I go just about every year too.
    I like Sharky's afteward. Heard some players like to go there too at times.
    a buddy at the Planet say's Dino's is cool too.
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    No dates posted yet, but Ill be sure to throw them up here as soon as they are announced!
    We will also add those dates to the site calendar when they are announced. All preseason and regular season games and the game times are already posted there for your convenience.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I'm more of a defective guy, but it I were there I would be watching the WRs this year.
    defective?

Your not defective, tex. Maybe just a little road worn.

You know what they say (my dad anyway)...

It's not how old you are, it's the miles you put on.

ps - I know you meant defensive, buddy.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    defective?

Your not defective, tex. Maybe just a little road worn.

You know what they say (my dad anyway)...

It's not how old you are, it's the miles you put on.

ps - I know you meant defensive, buddy.

Guess you would call that a Freudian slip.

AML

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Thanks been waiting for this!! Now I can try and make plans around work to get there for a few days

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    You beat me to it, but thanks for the post now I can choose when I wanna go!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    You beat me to it, but thanks for the post now I can choose when I wanna go!
    I'm looking to go there a few times this year and plan on taking a bunch of pics.

Directions To Steelers Training Camp At St. Vincent College
    2:24 pm EDT June 15, 2010

LATROBE, Pa. -- From Pittsburgh:
    Follow I-376 East to Monroeville. Proceed approximately 12-13 miles to the Pennsylvania Turnpike entrance and enter the Turnpike traveling east. Take Irwin Exit 67 (the first exit - old exit 7) and merge onto Route 30 East. Continue on Route 30 for approximately 17 miles. Turn left on to Beatty County Road. Follow Beatty County Road to Brouwers Drive. Turn Right on Brouwers Drive and follow the road to on-campus parking lots.

From Harrisburg, Philadelphia, New Jersey and points East:
    Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-76 West, to exit 91 (old exit 9) Donegal. Turn left onto PA Route 31 East, 1/4 mile to left turn at PA Route 711 North, 14 miles to left turn at U.S. Route 30 West, 10 miles to right turn at Saint Vincent Drive (at traffic signal). Take the first left turn on to Brouwers Drive and follow road to on-campus parking lots.

From Erie, Buffalo and points North:
    Take Interstate 79 south to its junction with I-76, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, at gate 28 (old gate 3) Cranberry/Perry Highway Take I-76 east to exit 67 (old exit 7) Irwin. Turn right onto U.S. Route 30 East and follow for approximately 17 miles. Turn left on to Beatty County Road. Follow Beatty County Road to Brouwers Drive. Turn Right on Brouwers Drive and follow the road to on-campus parking lots.

From Baltimore, Washington and points South:
    Take Interstate 70 west to its junction with I-76, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, at gate 161 (old gate 12) Breezewood, proceed on I-76 west to exit 91 (old exit 9) Donegal. Turn left onto PA Route 31 East, 1/4 mile to left turn at PA Route 711 North, 14 miles to left turn at U.S. Route 30 West, 10 miles to right turn at Saint Vincent Drive (at traffic signal). Take the first left turn on to Brouwers Drive and follow road to on-campus parking lots.

Handicapped Parking (from all directions): Follow above directions to U.S. Route 30. Follow Route 30 to Saint Vincent Drive (at traffic signal). Turn on to Saint Vincent Drive and continue straight. Follow signs for handicapped parking.

To search for directions on any online map search, look for St. Vincent College on Frazier Purchase Road in Latrobe, Pa.

Directions to Latrobe MemorialStadium –August 6
    From Route 30: Follow directions to Saint Vincent College and proceed east on Route 30 (past the St. Vincent College entrance). Take Route 981. At the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport, make a left at the traffic light onto Route 981 North. Proceed through 2 traffic lights as you will cross a bridge over Loyalhanna Creek. At the third traffic light, make a right onto Jefferson Street. Go straight through one stop sign and at the second stop sign, make a right onto Chestnut Street. Latrobe Memorial Stadium will be on your right on Chestnut Street.

From Route 22: Take the Route 981 South exit from Route 22 East. Proceed approximately 8 miles until you come across the first traffic light. Make a right at light onto Latrobe/Derry Road. Proceed straight through 2 additional traffic lights. At the next traffic light, make a left onto Jefferson Street. Proceed straight through one traffic light and one stop sign. At the next stop sign, make a right onto Chestnut Street. Latrobe Memorial Stadium is on our right on Chestnut Street.
    http://www.wpxi.com/sports/16899036/detail.html
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers announce training camp practice schedule

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_686112.html

Steelers announce training camp practice schedule
    By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010
    Last updated: 5:31 pm

Steelers players report to training camp July 30 at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe and will conduct their first official practice a day later, the team announced.

Coach Mike Tomlin normally conducts a conditioning run on the day that players report.

Training camp ends Aug. 20, the day before the Steelers visit the New York Giants at 7:30 p.m. in their second preseason game.

The Steelers play their first preseason game against the Detroit Lions on Aug. 14 at Heinz Field at 7:30 p.m..

The first day of open practice for fans is July 31. The last day of open practice is Aug. 18.

Open practices begin at 2:55 p.m. The Saint Vincent College campus opens to the public at 1:30 p.m.

Open practice schedule: July 31, Aug. 1, Aug. 2, Aug. 3, Aug. 4, Aug. 5, Aug. 6 (7 p.m. at Latrobe Stadium), Aug. 7 (TBD), Aug. 8, Aug. 9, Aug. 10, Aug. 11, Aug. 12, Aug. 16, Aug. 17, Aug. 18.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers announce training camp practice schedule

If this don't get your blood a pumping then nothing will. Thanks for posting Polamalubeast.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Ive been to hundreds of Steeler games but never attended 1 training camp practice . That sucks !!

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Ive been to hundreds of Steeler games but never attended 1 training camp practice . That sucks !!
    their a boat load of fun and good times. Lots to do they have a small bus with some history and games, of course a merchandise area and what more could you ask for sitting with thousands of Steelers fan watching your team get ready for the season.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    I would love to make the trip and watch it. Sounds like everyone has alot of fun.
    My oldest brother lives in Latrobe. He hardly ever went because of work but now that he is retired I may have to go up and see them. I've never been to camp.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solardave View Post
    My oldest brother lives in Latrobe. He hardly ever went because of work but now that he is retired I may have to go up and see them. I've never been to camp.
    You must go... It's like going to a game with all the cars in the fields and thousands of people wrapped around the hills watching... And you must buy a shirt at the Side-line store...

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    You must go... It's like going to a game with all the cars in the fields and thousands of people wrapped around the hills watching... And you must buy a shirt at the Side-line store...
    Wouldn't it be great if SU just invaded TC for a day. I'm gona need a bigger cooler.

AML

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Wouldn't it be great if SU just invaded TC for a day. I'm gona need a bigger cooler.
    I have got the cooler see ya there dad.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

ive have seen the steelers play four times all of them losses. i have bet on the steelers a few times all of them losses. unless the season is a wash i will not go again and i certainly will never bet on them again. you can best believe i will stay as far away from tc as i can. you guys have fun and post pics

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

I'll most likely be there the first Sunday of TC.. Taking the mini video cam..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I'm going to share the story about my only training camp experience.

I was asked by one of my friends to go to the TC a few years back and he brought me along with two of our other friends all of us huge steelers fans of course. Well his mom drove and we are all like 15-16 year old guys excited as hell to go see the steelers practice. We get there and are standing in an area not far from where we parked and quickly got bored so took off and actually was lucky enough to see Coach Cowher walk right pass us and we also saw LeBeau so we are going nuts one of my friends worked up the courage to ask LeBeau for his autograph and he said "find me after practice" or something like that which is understandable because they were looking to get started soon.

So we go back to where my friends mom was at to start watching some of the practice. When we knew there was probably a half hour of practice left we wanted to go up to where they go into the locker rooms to possibly get some autographs. So we left where is mom was standing. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!

We didnt have much luck getting autographs, I think Greg Warren was the only guy we knew lol. So when we get back to my buddys mom she asked if we had any luck and we said not really and she said well there were two guys that came right up along the fence here and signed stuff for everyone. And we were like oh yea who were they and her response was ( her not knowing much about the team ) ummm #86 and #10. WE WERE SOOOO PISSED!!! lol we could have got Ward's and Tone's autographs but ended up getting the long snapper!

Even though we made a bad choice leaving that spot we still had a blast and I suggest going at least one time. It's great. I thought it was a funny story and thought id share it
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Junior Member Array title="mswagner is an unknown quantity at this point">

My family and I will be camping near Latrobe over the 1st weekend of training camp, and I have a pass to be on the field for one practice. Maybe those of us there that 1st weekend can meet up!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

XT and I will most likely go either August 3rd or 4th. If anyone is going to be there either of those days, let me know via PM and we can hook up!

Can't wait!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

I will be there the first Sunday with the on the field visit from the Steelers fan club, super excited! Also plan on a few more visits throughout camp.