Thread: Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and David DeCastro selected to 2016 Pro Bowl

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and David DeCastro selected to 2016 Pro Bowl

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and David DeCastro selected to 2016 Pro Bowl

Nice to see DeCastro on the list. No surprise on AB and great stuff for Ben after missing so much time.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and David DeCastro selected to 2016 Pro Bowl

I just saw that TEN guys from the Panthers made it too... I understand that they're undefeated, but TEN players? It's all a popularity contest anyways.

Here's the full list if anyone is interested: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ro-bowl-roster

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

No Cameron Heyward. Meh.

Congrats to the other guys.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I just saw that TEN guys from the Panthers made it too... I understand that they're undefeated, but TEN players? It's all a popularity contest anyways.

Here's the full list if anyone is interested: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ro-bowl-roster
    most of them seem deserving.

Marcus Gilbert and Cam seem like snubs. Surprised to see Ben make it with the games he's missed and the ones he has played injured or gotten knocked out of. That truly speaks to the respect he has around the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

DWil, Cam, and Tuitt got snubbed. Ronald Darby of the Bills being snubbed for overrated Sherman is highly questionable

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I didn't see Tuitt playing at a Pro Bowl level this year. Next year he should be a monster.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I didn't see Tuitt playing at a Pro Bowl level this year. Next year he should be a monster.
    Agreed. He was right on the cusp this year, but next year I'd be afraid to line up across from him.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    most of them seem deserving.

Marcus Gilbert and Cam seem like snubs. Surprised to see Ben make it with the games he's missed and the ones he has played injured or gotten knocked out of. That truly speaks to the respect he has around the league.

It's hard to argue with 31.5 points a game when he's playing, even with the Bengals rusty/turtle offense game thrown in. In the rest, it's more like 35.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Ronald Darby of the Bills being snubbed for overrated Sherman is highly questionable
    Aren't they in different conferences?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

DWill was the big snub. He should've made it over McCoy. Too much competition at DE for Cam. It's hard to compete with 4-3 DEs.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Cam was a snub...just like Aaron Smith was a snub for so many years. Hopefully it won't matter anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Ronald Darby of the Bills being snubbed for overrated Sherman is highly questionable
    Aren't they in different conferences?
    Yes, but that doesn't matter anymore since the Pro Bowl went to the current new and "improved" ultra-retarded format (that made the whole thing even more irrelevant and unwatchable) a couple of years ago...

Gone is the familiar AFC vs. NFC match-up that has existed since 1971. Instead, players will be selected without regard to conference in voting by fans, coaches and players. For example, the top six quarterbacks following voting will earn distinction as All-Stars, regardless of how many are from AFC or NFC teams.

Players will be assigned to teams through the Pro Bowl Draft, in which two leading vote getters will join two NFL.com fantasy football champions -- who will attend the Pro Bowl -- to draft players. One of these champions will earn their spot as part of Lenovo's Fantasy Coach of the Year program, which provides NFL.com fans a chance to be rewarded for their fantasy football skills. The other champion can compete for a Pro Bowl role by playing at NFL.com/fantasy.

The fantasy football champions will have Hall of Fame help. Pro Football Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will serve as alumni team captains, assisting the Pro Bowl team captains and fantasy football champions in the draft process.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't matter anymore since the Pro Bowl went to the current new and "improved" ultra-retarded format (that made the whole thing even more irrelevant and unwatchable) a couple of years ago...
    I couldn't possibly agree more.

I have attended every Pro Bowl that has been played here in Hawaii since 1980 but I'm not paying good money to watch this format...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I couldn't possibly agree more.

I have attended every Pro Bowl that has been played here in Hawaii since 1980 but I'm not paying good money to watch this format...
    I don't blame you.

What gets me is that Goodell is supposedly some sort of marketing "genius." But from my personal perspective and everything I've seen and heard over the last few years, everything he has done has wound up turning the purists and true fans of the game off more and more (i.e., people who grew up anxiously waiting all year for football season and then watched every NFL game they possibly could that came on TV every week of the season) in deference to a bunch of casual fans who, one, don't really give a shit about any of it at all outside of their fantasy football rosters, and two, only maybe watch a couple of games a year at the most, and for the most part sit there not really paying attention and texting their friends through the few games they do "watch" anyway.

Yeah, they're swimming in cash now, but this shortsightedness in regards to who the league's real bread and butter is is bound to come back to bite the NFL in the ass at some point. Because I can guarantee you that the (extremely) casual fan demographic they're bending over backward to cater to aren't the ones spending a fortune on jerseys, memorabilia and super-high-priced tickets.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Agree. I ranted in the past about the pro bowl, moving the datand the shit uniforms and format. It's terrible. More tinkering with shit that isn't broken. The pro bowl has always been "broken". Instead of paying some shit company to design some garbage uniform, stick with the traditional and put the money in the player pool...there's a better chance it gets fixed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Lol. Ouch.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Pro Bowl = being voted Honecoming King

All Pro = playing well

I would agree with that. He's been very quietly having a superb season.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

He does not look unhappy to be there.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    He does not look unhappy to be there.
    Can't say I blame him in that picture.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Where is the drink w/the umbrella. Incomplete picture!