Thread: For the undying 9/11 MORONIC JET FUEL ARGUMENT

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

For the undying 9/11 MORONIC JET FUEL ARGUMENT

Pretty Interesting Video -

<strong>

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: For the undying 9/11 MORONIC JET FUEL ARGUMENT

International banker propaganda...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I don't know if any of those folks are around here, but if they are... they won't listen. Conspiracy theorists cannot be reasoned with.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

What's funnier about this picture is that when I did a search for it, my suggestions from Google were atheist, feminist, and liberal.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Wait just a minute here. You mean to tell me that steel doesn't have to completely melt to weaken and fail under load??

mind. blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Wouldn't a more accurate test be to poor some jet fuel on the steel and light it?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Wouldn't a more accurate test be to poor some jet fuel on the steel and light it?
    A more accurate recreation would require paper, furniture, computers, etc. Everything in there was burning and some of those things burn at a higher temperature than jet fuel. If it were just fuel the fire would have stopped burning within a few minutes.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

^ This and put it at the top of a vertical column where it's combustion sucks in fresh oxygen from below. This is what was going on in those fires, and they burn *much* hotter than most people assume.

*edit* And the explanation (or "cover story" for those so- inclined) isn't that the jet fuel burning caused the structural failure, but rather the combustible materials inside the tower itself. The conflagration itself probably wouldn't have been enough to cause structural failure (although it would weaken it), but since the heating was uneven it induced uneven stresses, causing buckling.
    The two in conjunction caused the collapse.
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 01-03-2016 at 10:24 AM.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The two posts above are exactly right. Just like gasoline, the jet fuel itself is going to burn up very quickly; all the other shit being set on fire is what was still burning an hour after the crash.

Another thing the jet-fuel conspiracy people fail to mention is that the WTC towers were among the first to use a unique design that had weight-bearing columns on the external steel structure of the building, not just the internal core, to distribute the load. So when a plane crashed into it, that destroyed a quarter of the external support, all on one side, so of course it was out of balance. As I recall, the leaning was visible.

A few days after the attack, I remember one of the major networks interviewed a structural engineer about the collapse, and he pointed out that at the speed of the plane that struck the south tower, the impact and explosion from a 757 fully loaded with jet fuel would be roughly 5% as powerful as the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima. It's amazing it survived the initial impact and remained standing long enough for most people to escape.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Nope, it was an inside job by Dubya and the Jews to create a pretext to invade Iraq.

And if you don't believe me, I'll insult your intelligence and start posting inane YouTube tinfoil hat conspiracy videos to prove it! Damn international bankers!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The only conspiracy I buy into is I'm certain Lee Harvey Oswald either wasn't the shooter or wasn't the only shooter of JFK. And anyone with any understanding of who and what Jack Ruby was would understand the logic of that. Plus a house sub committee in 1978 indicated the likely hood of organized crime involvement in Kennedy's murder was more probable than not.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Bigfoot! Those guys on Animal Planet's "Finding Bigfoot" come off as pretty credible guys!

Unintentional funny is the best kind of funny!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

WTC 7?
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

This is old news BTW, seeing as a "Man-on-the-street" Fox News correspondent had it all figured out within hours:

“They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Some redneck leaves a 1/2" piece of steel in a FURNACE and compares that to several inches of steel that would have been subject to a lesser temperature for a fraction of the time.

This "experiment" was pseudoscience at its worst.

Any firefighter could tell you that windows shatter in high temperature office fires. This happens in all major office fires. Windows shatter and flames pour out the sides.

There are literally dozens of examples of towers completely engulfed in flames and burned out on every floor with no collapse.

On 9/11 there were limited fires in smaller areas of the buildings than much worse fires... but jet fuel. Jet fuel did it.

The idiocy of the "anti conspiracists" is tangible. You exude an aura of gullibility. Just ignore the thousands of architects and engineers who have petitioned for a new investigation... Jimbo the redneck has all the evidence you need.

- - - Updated - - -

A new investigation is a moot point anyways. Every piece of those buildings was destroyed immediately and without examination.

A fire in a trailer park would be more thoroughly investigated.

There will be no change to the official story.

Feel free to believe the next stupid thing your government and media tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    This "experiment" was pseudoscience at its worst.
    You mean as opposed to sensationalist truther bunk like this?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It would be fun to compile an all time SF / SU troll list.

Maybe include one of their "classic" quotes along with their ranking.

Or make it a "Pimp your troll" contest.

I wonder where Jeremy would rank.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant