Thread: What did Obama say in his speech the other night, did anyone watch it?

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

What did Obama say in his speech the other night, did anyone watch it?

I can't stomach that moron so the last thing I'm going to do is sit and listen to his speech, which is written by his cronies and probably caters to what they think the country wants to hear.

But, I work for a sporting goods distributer and in '08 we had record sales, with firearms leading the charge. Apparently he said something that may have sparked another surge so I'm curious.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: What did Obama say in his speech the other night, did anyone watch it?

Basically, follow the course because it's really, really working out well and stop blaming the all the Muslims.

In other words, it's each citizen for themselves.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I can't stomach that moron so the last thing I'm going to do is sit and listen to his speech...
    My sentiments exactly, but I'm guessing it went something like the following...

Da da da...da da da...da da da...

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Basically, follow the course because it's really, really working out well and stop blaming the all the Muslims.

In other words, it's each citizen for themselves.
    What, nothing about more gun control and the evil NRA or how global warming is causing all this?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I turned on NBS at around 8:25 pm to see if the game was on with the finger over the mute button in case he was still on. Thankfully, I saw Al and Cris talking in the booth (pretty bad when you make me excited when I see Cris Collinsworthless' stupid pencilhead face)

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

It was a lecture how we need to be more tolerant to those that want to kill us.

And this in a nut shell.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

"Muslims are our friends" - same ol shit

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I don't post political stuff but this is probably what he said......

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Every time muslims attack, Hopeys main concern is the safety of other muslims.
    Not Yours.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Cruz for President!

Ted Cruz: Carpet bomb Islamic State 'into oblivion'

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said Saturday he would "utterly destroy" Islamic State if he were elected.

"We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out"

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/po...vion/76863502/

----------------------

HOLY WAR!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

The Constitution is outdated, it's time for 'common sense' Muslim control.

Minnesota man accused of conspiring to help Islamic State

Another Minnesota man has been charged with conspiring to help the Islamic State. Abdirizak Mohamed Warsame, 20, of Eagan was charged Wednesday by criminal complaint with conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.

Court documents allege Warsame tried to help other young men from Minnesota's Somali community travel to Syria to fight for the Islamic State. Nine others in that group have already been charged.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/13ada...-islamic-state

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    The Constitution is outdated, it's time for 'common sense' Muslim control.

It's a real forehead-smacker to me that people actually use the Constitution as an argument for why we should have our borders wide open.

The Constitution doesn't say anything about immigration. It says that Americans have freedom of religion, and that there's no discrimination on the basis of religion within the country. It does not say a damn thing about how we should treat foreigners who are currently living overseas; it also does not say that there must be immigration, or anything about who should be allowed to immigrate, how many people should be allowed in, or why.

"But we're a nation of immigrants!" people will say. "We were founded on immigration!" Well, OK, but that was well over a century ago, when the entire country was roughly the same way that Alaska is today. Millions of square miles of vacant land and hundreds of thousands of potential jobs with not enough people to fill them. Today, we are the third-most populous country in the world. So that doesn't apply AT ALL.

Oh, and by the way - good job using the argument that the Constitution is outdated for all your gun control bullshit, then turning around and using a 200-plus year old argument yourselves, except yours isn't even part of the Constitution at all.

The one thing that's unfortunate is that Trump probably could've avoided the entire PC/religious firestorm by just using slightly different wording: "We shouldn't be letting in anyone at all from these countries that are the source of religious violence." Then you'd avoid everyone getting their panties in a wad because you said "Muslim," and you'd just have a few whiners saying "but what about the right-wing Planned Parenthood shooters ZOMG AMERICANS ARE THE REAL RELIGIOUS TERRORIST" and everyone would be like uh ... yeah, that's nice.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

Oh, and by the way - good job using the argument that the Constitution is outdated for all your gun control bullshit, then turning around and using a 200-plus year old argument yourselves, except yours isn't even part of the Constitution at all.

It was a joke

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    It was a joke
    I think that one was aimed squarely at the Libs, not you. And again, bull's eye.

Well, here's what I say...Trump has a plan

Obama's holy climate change agenda in Paris is being swamped out by Trump news in the USA!

ha ha