Thread: Week 12: The Indianapolis Colts.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 12: The Indianapolis Colts.

It's December and gut check time for the Steelers. The home stretch is here.

The Steelers are 6-5 out of the Wildcard currently. They basically have to win out just to have a shot. For all intents and purposes, the playoffs start now.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 12: The Indianapolis Colts.

Steelers currently hold the 8th position in the wildcard. They can't afford to lose this game with Cincy and Denver coming up

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

SMH

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Can't wait for the all the Tomlinisms on Tuesday after the game in Seattle.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    It's December and gut check time for the Steelers. The home stretch is here.

The Steelers are 6-5 out of the Wildcard currently. They basically have to win out just to have a shot. For all intents and purposes, the playoffs start now.

Bullshit. 10-6 will almost certainly get them in. They have no more non conference games left. 4 more conference wins will be a virtual lock to get them in.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Bullshit. 10-6 will almost certainly get them in. They have no more non conference games left. 4 more conference wins will be a virtual lock to get them in.
    Not so sure man. None of us expected Kansas City and Houston to get into the race. We're not only in a jumbled mess with them, but also Buffalo, NY Jets, and Oakland with us only having the tiebreaker over Oakland. I wouldn't call 10-6 safe at all.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Steelers currently hold the 8th position in the wildcard. They can't afford to lose this game with Cincy and Denver coming up
    and the Broncos just beat the Cheatriots**...

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    and the Broncos just beat the Cheatriots**...
    And loss Gronk in the process...maybe the football GODS are finally listening

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    And loss Gronk in the process...maybe the football GODS are finally listening
    right knee injury.

I don't wish ill will on any man, I hope Gronk is okay to play next season...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

If Hasselbeck starts: 300 yards, 3 TD's

If Luck starts: 400 yards, 4 TD's

*This is assuming Blake is still starting in front of Boykin

Picked the steelers to lose today, but certainly not on THAT many spoiled opportunities. I think we'll pick up a win here in a shootout, 36-33
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Our 3-4 conference record is gonna bite us in the ass. This is a must win game, no doubt about it. KC, HOU, NYJ, OAK and BUF all have winning conference records to this point.

EDIT: And this is backed up by the notes on the current standings:

KC - Wins tie break over NY Jets, Pittsburgh and Houston based on best win percentage in conference games.

HOU - Wins tie break over NY Jets and Pittsburgh based on best win percentage in conference games.

NYJ - Wins tie break over Pittsburgh based on best win percentage in conference games.

Oakland and Buffalo are a win behind us but both have better conference records, although fortunately we beat Oakland.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Don't think it's that simple. It could depend more on the common opponents. But I think 10-6 either gets them very close it gets them in...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Even though those teams have better conf records, they still have to play 5 more games also. If we can go 4-1 we should make it as that gives us 4 more conf wins.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Even though those teams have better conf records, they still have to play 5 more games also. If we can go 4-1 we should make it as that gives us 4 more conf wins.
    Exactly. That was the point I tried to make. If the Steelers go 4-1 the rest of the way that gives them a 10-6 record with a 7-5 conference record. Given the field in the wildcard hunt, and accounting for head to head games upcoming between some of these teams I really don't see more than 2 AFC wildcard contenders with a 10 win season.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    That's like applying a band-aid to a sucking chest wound.

What the NFL needs to do is get rid of the bank presidents, lawyers and corporate CEOs that officiate part-time as a lark because they're members of the good old boy network and get full-time referees.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

"Must wine! Can no lose any more games!"

Well, maybe one... but that's it.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

What the NFL needs to do is get rid of the bank presidents, lawyers and corporate CEOs that officiate part-time as a lark because they're members of the good old boy network and get full-time referees.
    But, but, but, the league would have to pay them benefits. I know, I know... with all the cash the NFL is raking in, but I've heard it none-the-less.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    But, but, but, the league would have to pay them benefits. I know, I know... with all the cash the NFL is raking in, but I've heard it none-the-less.
    For a $173,000 yearly salary, I would be more than willing and able to pay for my own benefits.

For a $173,000 yearly salary, I would be more than willing and able to pay for my own benefits.
    Understood. and btw, we practically already are... even without the additional income. Mine was more of a sarcastic take on the idea of the league not being able to afford it.

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

And the full time refs will be every part and parcel of the same club or they wouldn't get the position.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Good luck, Steelers can't slow down the Browns let alone an offense designed to pass the ball.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Good luck, Steelers can't slow down the Browns let alone an offense designed to pass the ball.
    Well, they sort of figured it out at the end of last season, so there's hope for this December... Maybe.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2004 View Post
    Well, they sort of figured it out at the end of last season, so there's hope for this December... Maybe.
    Exactly.
    As the young defenders got more comfortable in the system, the defense improved.

Wait... actually, they have already been averaging that 17.5 ppg allowed from the final four games. Maybe the final five games will be even better than last year... something along the lines of 16.0 ppg allowed.

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Exactly.
    As the young defenders got more comfortable in the system, the defense improved.

Wait... actually, they have already been averaging that 17.5 ppg allowed from the final four games. Maybe the final five games will be even better than last year... something along the lines of 16.0 ppg allowed.
    I like the way you think!

I'm optimistic. They're a better team when they absolutely have to be.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers have to be pissed. The Colts could be in real trouble. Some "adjustments" in the secondary, and it could be a scary time for Indianapolis. All things point to Ben being OK, I like our chances, and with a solid win, we take care of the Bungles!