Thread: Following Their Bye, Steelers Must Make Decision On OT Mike Adams

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Following Their Bye, Steelers Must Make Decision On OT Mike Adams

Following Their Bye, Steelers Must Make Decision On T Mike Adams

Steelers Depot | November 17, 2015

Even though the Pittsburgh Steelers are on their bye this week, an important decision needs to be made with one of their players who is currently on the Reserve/PUP list by the start of Week 12.

According to NFL rules, tackle Mike Adams has to start practicing with the team by next Tuesday evening if he expects to play at all this season.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11...-t-mike-adams/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Following Their Bye, Steelers Must Make Decision On OT Mike Adams

Mike who?

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    They have 21 days, it seems, to assess him before adding him to the roster. The way players are dropping to game-missing injuries around this team, we'd be foolish to let him go during the rest of this season. Come the offseason, that's a different story altogether
    Agreed. The ONLY reason to keep him is because we are down to nothing, as far as this season goes. But he is terrible. They better upgrade his spot after this season. He is just horrid.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Back surgery with no updates for months does not sound like he is coming back this season.

Getting back into playing shape and getting your shit together in 3 weeks sounds like even more of a pipe dream.

Forget it; we're going to have to move on without him.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    They have 21 days, it seems, to assess him before adding him to the roster. The way players are dropping to game-missing injuries around this team, we'd be foolish to let him go during the rest of this season. Come the offseason, that's a different story altogether
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Send him down the river on a barge and take Cortez Allen with you. A 55 gallon drum at tackle would be more useful than Adams. Adams and Allen are head cases.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Comment From Guest: Now that Pouncey is eligible to come off of 8-week IR, don't they have to activate him or put him on season-ending IR?

Ed Bouchette: No, he can stay on short-term IR as long as it takes. I don't think you will see him again. It's Mike Adams, on PUP, they must make a decision about this week and really there is no decision because he won't play this year.

http://www.post-gazette.com/chat

Banned Array title="B&GFever will become famous soon enough">

he will go down in history as one of our worst second round picks ever ....

its a special list really ...

Mike Adams
    Jason Worilds
    Limas Sweed
    Ricardo Colclough
    Alonzo Jackson
    Scott Shields
    Jeremy Staat
    Will Blackwell
    Jeff Graham

not all where horrible players but IMO none of these guys came close to being second round talents once they got to the NFL level of them very few where as Bad as Adams who on many draft boards was a first round talent that if not for some pot smoking probably would have been ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Mike Adams also begged to be drafted by the Steelers and his performance before the injury was a slap in the face.
    All Defense!

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B&GFever View Post
    Ricardo Colclough
    Damn, I forgot about that guy.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Alonzo Jackson was the worst of the names listed.

Awful.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Wait wait wait, you all are jumping to conclusions, where is the team doct . . . um I the team repres . . . um I mean the All Knowing TeeTee? He will for sure know what ails Adams and if Pouncey will ever see the field again! After all, he is a master a deciphering the Cool Shades poker plays regarding team injuries!

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Wait wait wait, you all are jumping to conclusions, where is the team doct . . . um I the team repres . . . um I mean the All Knowing TeeTee? He will for sure know what ails Adams and if Pouncey will ever see the field again! After all, he is a master a deciphering the Cool Shades poker plays regarding team injuries!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    The media had pocket aces, and the flop was two more. Thankfully, Mike Tomlin had a royal flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    to make matters worse, we even traded up for Ricardo Colclough...

Banned Array title="B&GFever will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    sorry to bring up a bad memory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Alonzo Jackson was the worst of the names listed.

Awful.

I would argue Scott Shields but neither of us really have a body of work to base it on , they where that bad

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B&GFever View Post
    he will go down in history as one of our worst second round picks ever ....

its a special list really ...

Mike Adams
    Jason Worilds
    Limas Sweed
    Ricardo Colclough
    Alonzo Jackson
    Scott Shields
    Jeremy Staat
    Will Blackwell
    Jeff Graham

not all where horrible players but IMO none of these guys came close to being second round talents once they got to the NFL level of them very few where as Bad as Adams who on many draft boards was a first round talent that if not for some pot smoking probably would have been ...
    I don't know if it's fair to put Worilds on that list. He's maybe the list above this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don't know if it's fair to put Worilds on that list. He's maybe the list above this one?
    Very true.

About two years ago, one of the Steelers websites did a piece on how Worilds had had the second best career of any OLB taken in that draft (first being Justin Houston).

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Very true.

About two years ago, one of the Steelers websites did a piece on how Worilds had had the second best career of any OLB taken in that draft (first being Justin Houston).

IMO that reflects more on the other linebackers in the draft being unusually bad than on Worilds being any good. He did literally nothing for his entire career here, other than walk into a half-dozen right-place-right-time sacks during the second half of his contract year. Even when he was supposedly putting up his big numbers, he wasn't influencing the game. He was a WTF pick from about 5 seconds after we made it, and that's exactly how it played out.

The worst part of it is, that wasn't really an urgent position of need for us at the time either. So many other things we could've done with it, and we basically threw that pick away.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    IMO that reflects more on the other linebackers in the draft being unusually bad than on Worilds being any good. He did literally nothing for his entire career here, other than walk into a half-dozen right-place-right-time sacks during the second half of his contract year. Even when he was supposedly putting up his big numbers, he wasn't influencing the game. He was a WTF pick from about 5 seconds after we made it, and that's exactly how it played out.

The worst part of it is, that wasn't really an urgent position of need for us at the time either. So many other things we could've done with it, and we basically threw that pick away.
    It was a pretty bad draft in general.

Here is sort of an analogy:
    Worilds was the prettiest girl at the family reunion.

Harrison was aging and Woodley was in a contact year. I have no problem with using a pick on an OLB, because it's the backbone of the 3-4. Draft him, develop him, and already have Harrison's replacement in line (as opposed to grasping at straws like they did with Jarvis Jones).

Would I have taken NaVarro Bowman? Yes.

Do I understand why they took a pass rushing OLB? Absolutely.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Should we change "Dong" sacks to "Worildong" sacks?

It was a pretty bad draft in general.

Here is sort of an analogy:
    Worilds was the prettiest girl at the family reunion.

Harrison was aging and Woodley was in a contact year. I have no problem with using a pick on an OLB, because it's the backbone of the 3-4. Draft him, develop him, and already have Harrison's replacement in line (as opposed to grasping at straws like they did with Jarvis Jones).

Would I have taken NaVarro Bowman? Yes.

Do I understand why they took a pass rushing OLB? Absolutely.

My issue was that we had Casey Hampton at 33 years old and in OBVIOUS decline, Aaron Smith too broken down to play anymore, and Keisel barely hanging on ... that's the foundation of the 3-4 and the pass rushers live or die by it - yet we passed over taking ANY serious DL prospects that draft, apparently because we thought Ziggy Hood could make up for all three positions.

Then our entire secondary - all four positions - was going to need to be overhauled within 2-3 years due to age ... 4 positions, 2-3 years to do it, not going to succeed on every pick so you do the math ... and we (again) did NOTHING to address that either.

Then we had Timmons and a 36-year-old James Farrior at ILB and did nothing to address that either. Instead, we spent our #2 pick on the ONE position on defense where we needed absolutely the least amount of help. Took two others in the later rounds too - which is about what we should've done, even though those particular guys didn't work out.

Just an infuriating pick from the very start; the same kind of thinking as "Gee, if I keep drafting wide receivers, screw having a quarterback to throw them the ball or linemen to block for the quarterback - I'll have a great offense because receivers are the key to my offense!" Basically a Matt-Millen-of-defense pick. And to see some of the names still left on the board so we could do that ... SMH.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

ADAMS DONE FOR SEASON

Tackle Mike Adams will not be removed from the regular-season physically unable to perform list, and the former second-round pick might have played his final snap with the Steelers.

Adams underwent surgery on a lingering back problem on July 20 and was put on the PUP list before the start of training camp. He was expected to miss four weeks, but the Steelers kept him on the PUP list to start the season, forcing him out a minimum of six weeks.

The deadline to activate Adams was Tuesday. Adams will be a free agent at the end of the season after starting only 20 games in four years.

http://triblive.com/mobile/9505039-9...ideHeaders=Yes

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He is done in the NFL. There is a better chance of Elvis coming back.
    All Defense!

If there's one thing that's a career-killer for linemen, it's back problems. Knee injuries, shoulder injuries, torn triceps and pectorals, all serious stuff but they can fix them so you're at least 90% the player you were before. Back problems you just kind of get them and then you always have them. It's a shame for him, although thankfully for the team, we've kind of moved on already.
    See you Space Cowboy ...