Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revisiting Bell vs Lacy

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Revisiting Bell vs Lacy

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Considering McCarthy's uh, "ample" physique, kind of a hard directive to take seriously from a player's perspective...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they should train together.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Considering McCarthy's uh, "ample" physique, kind of a hard directive to take seriously from a player's perspective...

He doesn't get paid to look good..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Bell needs to stay healthy though. This makes two straight playoff years when we had a great shot to go deep only to lose him.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Bell needs to stay healthy though. This makes two straight playoff years when we had a great shot to go deep only to lose him.
    Would help if the members of a certain team would stop hitting him in the knees...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Would help if the members of a certain team would stop hitting him in the knees...
    Sit him against Cincy. Put in the next guys.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Giovanni Bernard, Theo RIddick, Spencer Ware CJ Anderson and Latavius Murray>>>> Le'Veon Bell and Eddie Lacy!!

In all seriousness though, that 2013 RB Class was pretty solid and has the potential to be one of the greatest RB classes of all-time.
    I'm not all that happy with him. He runs scared.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Wow... I hadn't paid him much attention but I had no idea he was/is that out of shape!!
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

If he were a "life coach" your point would be valid. But coaches are paid to coach and players are well payed to play. McCarthy's state of fitness doesn't preclude him in any way from performing his duties. Lacey's lack of fitness is absolutely detrimental in him playing to his capabilities.

If we were to apply this to ourselves, it's like when you tell your 15 year old they aren't allowed to drink as you down your beer. ( or glass of wine of cocktail) You're at a different station of life than they are.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    If he were a "life coach" your point would be valid. But coaches are paid to coach and players are well payed to play. McCarthy's state of fitness doesn't preclude him in any way from performing his duties. Lacey's lack of fitness is absolutely detrimental in him playing to his capabilities.

If we were to apply this to ourselves, it's like when you tell your 15 year old they aren't allowed to drink as you down your beer. ( or glass of wine of cocktail) You're at a different station of life than they are.
    So......how freaking long are you two going to pick at each other? Seriously? I thought the MaCarthy thing was in fun, because he has grown a bit recently, but here we go again, another thread to jump on each other. Get a beer together and solve the world's problems and maybe stop being pissy.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    So......how freaking long are you two going to pick at each other? Seriously? I thought the MaCarthy thing was in fun, because he has grown a bit recently, but here we go again, another thread to jump on each other. Get a beer together and solve the world's problems and maybe stop being pissy.
    Gary and I have no ongoing issues. I was just making a point in regards to a particular post. Id tell you to butt out, but there's nothing to butt out of.

Gary and I have no ongoing issues. I was just making a point in regards to a particular post. Id tell you to butt out, but there's nothing to butt out of.
    Couple of pages of the Tomlin/Haley issue.... But I will butt out, but this is an open forum. You two got a little nasty the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Couple of pages of the Tomlin/Haley issue.... But I will butt out, but this is an open forum. You two got a little nasty the other day.
    We agree on more things than we disagree on.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I meant it as more of a joke than anything.

I meant it as more of a joke than anything.
    Yeah that probably shouldn't have evaded me.

But you know when I thought about it a bit more it occurred to me that I couldn't think of a single great fat coach off the top of my head?

So maybe even joking you were right? In order to instill discipline it might not be a bad idea to have some of your own.

Yeah that probably shouldn't have evaded me.

But you know when I thought about it a bit more it occurred to me that I couldn't think of a single great fat coach off the top of my head?

So maybe even joking you were right? In order to instill discipline it might not be a bad idea to have some of your own.
    Love has been restored!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Whole thing goes to show how much the NFL has changed in the past 10-15 years. There was a time where Eddie Lacy's new "physique" would not have looked out of place among the top RBs in the league. Now, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Whole thing goes to show how much the NFL has changed in the past 10-15 years. There was a time where Eddie Lacy's new "physique" would not have looked out of place among the top RBs in the league. Now, not so much.
    It depends on the player. I think an in his prime Bettis would still be a great back as big as he was in his prime. Ironhead Heyward, Christian Okoye(spelling?) same thing. Lacy just wasn't meant to carry that weight.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It depends on the player. I think an in his prime Bettis would still be a great back as big as he was in his prime. Ironhead Heyward, Christian Okoye(spelling?) same thing. Lacy just wasn't meant to carry that weight.
    I don't know about that. Bettis, maybe - dude is a HOF'er. But the others, I doubt it. I just don't think that in the current warp speed ahead NFL, there really is a place for a 265 pound back. Watching Lacy play this year, he was just a step slow to the hole and had no "burst" in the open field. But he could really move the pile and it often took more than one defender to take him down. But it still looked like he was stuck in mud most of the time.

I guess what I am trying to say is that 20 years ago, this year's Lacy (whether he is meant to carry the weight or not) would have had a place. Now, not so much. Even Bell slimmed down after his rookie year. Speed and elusiveness is the name of the game these days.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Feastmode

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk