Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revisiting Bell vs Lacy

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Revisiting Bell vs Lacy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...dering-my-play

I didn't realize Lacy was having this bad of a season; he has been demoted to 2nd string. So, I am sure we will all conclude that
    we made the better draft pick in Bell....however, at least Lacy is still available to play. As they say, if you ain't available to play
    it doesn't matter how good you are when you are healthy.

All things being equal, yes, I'd much rather have Bell. But one more season where he misses major time....can't be very good when you aren't even dressing.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Revisiting Bell vs Lacy

Considering our backup is doing better than Lacy as well, I don't really see any upside if we'd drafted him.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bell and Williams fit the Steelers system much better than Lacy would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

Feastmode!

Lacy just ate himself out of being productive. Bettis was one of the ONLY back in NFL history who could be productive at 260+ for any length of time.

Lacy wonders why he isn't productive - not rocket science dude - you are simply too fat. Look at Bell; he was 240 in college and dropped to 215 this season and it has made him a better player. He has zip, quickness and burst while still maintaining good power. Lacy should drop 20 lbs at least.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

How long did Okoye go? 5-6-7 years?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    How long did Okoye go? 5-6-7 years?
    He did, but like Natrone Means, he only had two seasons over 1,000 yards while Bus had 7.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...O/OkoyCh00.htm

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    Lacy just ate himself out of being productive. Bettis was one of the ONLY back in NFL history who could be productive at 260+ for any length of time.

Lacy wonders why he isn't productive - not rocket science dude - you are simply too fat. Look at Bell; he was 240 in college and dropped to 215 this season and it has made him a better player. He has zip, quickness and burst while still maintaining good power. Lacy should drop 20 lbs at least.
    Yep. Every time that I watch the Packers I look at Lacy and just laugh at his big gut. I'm not surprised that Starks is getting more playing time. He plays harder than Lacy and is in much better shape.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Yep. Every time that I watch the Packers I look at Lacy and just laugh at his big gut. I'm not surprised that Starks is getting more playing time. He plays harder than Lacy and is in much better shape.
    Starks isn't just taking more playing time, he is now the starter. And, yes, he is the better back at this point. I got to question Mike McCarthy's coaching at this point. Do you think any of the top coaches would allow a player to get so overweight? As said earlier, Bettis played great at this weight, but NO ONE is the Bus. Lacy should be 20 lbs lighter.

Being named starter in a RBBC is really not a big deal...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Eddie Lacy: I’m not hurt, I’m not overweight, I don’t know what it is

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 12, 2015

Why is Packers running back Eddie Lacy playing so badly? Some people say his ankle is bothering him. Others say he’s overweight. Lacy says neither of those is the case.

Shortly after coach Mike McCarthy announced that James Starks has been promoted above Lacy on the depth chart, Lacy told reporters in Green Bay that he’s not sure why he’s struggling, but his ankle is fine and he’s not too heavy.

“I honestly don’t know what it is,” Lacy said, via Michael Cohen of the Journal Sentinel. “Definitely, I’m off to a different start. I’m not playing how I was the previous two years. Later on in the season, maybe it’ll pick back up. But as of right now, this is just the move that is going to be. This season [Starks] has definitely been the better player between the both of us. That’s just the move.”

Lacy has yet to record a 100-yard game this year, and in the last four games he has a grand total of 33 carries for just 78 yards, with three fumbles. He’s not complaining about the decision to demote him because he knows it’s the right move for the team.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ow-what-it-is/

Junior Member Array title="Steel 36 Bus is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steel 36 Bus's Avatar

I called him fat ass lacy when he was a rookie. Coach Tomlin had a sit down with Leveon before the draft. and told him for him to be effective in the nfl he needed to lose weight. that is lacy's problem. plus I think he is shot bama overworked his ass there.

Being named starter in a RBBC is really not a big deal...
    Not so much, but in this case, Lacy will get less and less touches. Not a good thing being that he is nearing the end of his contract. He says he isn't overweight? Really?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Eddie Lacy's stats tonight against the Lions:

5 carries for 4 yards and 1 reception for -3 yards...

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

They said he was benched due to practice woes!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Yep, shoulda drafted Lacy instead because at least he's still available to play. Never mind that he's a lazy, unmotivated lardass who has been completely ineffective all season and is basically stealing a paycheck at this point and that Bell actually WAS effective before that dumbass Cool Shades ran him into the ground and he got hurt again as a result.

Yeah, I know...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bell is glass. Strawman poker shade 007 Bellicheat izdagreatestevah.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Bell is glass. Strawman poker shade 007 Bellicheat izdagreatestevah.

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep, shoulda drafted Lacy instead because at least he's still available to play. Never mind that he's a lazy, unmotivated lardass who has been completely ineffective all season and is basically stealing a paycheck at this point and that Bell actually WAS effective before that dumbass Cool Shades ran him into the ground and he got hurt again as a result.

Yeah, I know...

Bell was hardly run into the ground this year. Just like last year, he was hurt on a pass play. It wasn't the type of injury that comes from being pounded.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelermania View Post
    Bell was hardly run into the ground this year. Just like last year, he was hurt on a pass play. It wasn't the type of injury that comes from being pounded.
    They're being facetious... because, that's what Tee Tee averred happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelermania View Post
    You know that, and I know that. I've said more than once that both injuries Bell has sustained against the Bengals over the last year could have just as easily happened on Bell's first play from scrimmage as well as his 250th. As teegre pointed out, I was just being facetious.

The OP, however, doesn't know that. Or, more likely he does, but just wants to make the argument in order to bitch about Tomlin some more, which seems to be his fourth-favorite thing to do after accusing others of employing straw man arguments, posting YouTube fart videos and verbally fellating Bill Belichick.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    You know that, and I know that. I've said more than once that both injuries Bell has sustained against the Bengals over the last year could have just as easily happened on Bell's first play from scrimmage as well as his 250th. As teegre pointed out, I was just being facetious.

The OP, however, doesn't know that. Or, more likely he does, but just wants to make the argument in order to bitch about Tomlin some more, which seems to be his fourth-favorite thing to do after accusing others of employing straw man arguments, posting YouTube fart videos and verbally fellating Bill Belichick.
    I have never read a better response, i heard the proverbial mike drop after that post, "BOOM" street cred! Bravo! Where's that standing ovation clip when you need it?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

edit: wrong thread. do'h!
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Report: Packers RB Eddie Lacy missed curfew Wednesday night

Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy missed curfew the night before playing the Lions in Detroit.

BY SI WIRE
    Posted: Fri Dec. 4, 2015

Green Bay Packers running backs Eddie Lacy and Alonzo Harris missed curfew on Wednesday night in Detroit before their game against the Lions, ESPN’s Rob Demovsky reports.

Despite two consecutive 100-yard games, Lacy saw limited action in Thursday’s comeback win, playing just 19 snaps and carrying the ball five times for four yards. He caught one pass for a loss of three yards in the second quarter, and went without a touch in the second half.

Harris was cut before kickoff.

Coach Mike McCarty called Lacy’s demotion “an internal football decision that was made,” and didn’t rule out the possibility that the move could have been disciplinary.

“Could be. But those things we don’t discuss in here anyway,” he said. “It’s something that we handled internally, and that was the outcome.”

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/04/gre...-detroit-lions

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

If Bell never plays another down (God forbid) he was still the best pick the Steelers could have made.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    If Bell never plays another down (God forbid) he was still the best pick the Steelers could have made.
    I agree.

if only we had made a better pick in the first round though...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I agree.

if only we had made a better pick in the first round though...
    "solid" as glass

Giovanni Bernard, Theo RIddick, Spencer Ware CJ Anderson and Latavius Murray>>>> Le'Veon Bell and Eddie Lacy!!

In all seriousness though, that 2013 RB Class was pretty solid and has the potential to be one of the greatest RB classes of all-time.

Mike McCarthy tells Eddie Lacy to shape up or ship out

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2016

In unusually blunt terms, Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged today what has long been suspected: Eddie Lacy isn’t in good enough shape.

McCarthy said Lacy is overweight, and that if he doesn’t lose weight this offseason, he’s not going to be on the field for the Packers in the fall.

“Eddie’s got a lot of work to do,” McCarthy said. “I’m stating the obvious. His offseason last year was not what it should be and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he did this year.”

Although Lacy showed flashes of his immense talent as a runner — including a career-long 61-yard run in Saturday’s loss to the Cardinals — overall Lacy was a huge disappointment this season. He finished the year with career lows in carries, yards, touchdowns, catches and receiving yards.

McCarthy sounds like he’s fed up with Lacy, and unwilling to tolerate him showing up to camp in anything other than peak condition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-or-ship-out/

Considering McCarthy's uh, "ample" physique, kind of a hard directive to take seriously from a player's perspective...