Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with the camo motif?

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

What's with the camo motif?

It's already hard enough to stomach the pink NFL Oct., but now they have gone back to the camo look, which I guess is to make us worship our military.

It's a scam.

Did you know the US govt. pays the NFL $7 million a year to plus the military.

So let me get this right: They use OUR tax $ to brainwash us to being pro war? That's total bull shit.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: What's with the camo motif?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    It's already hard enough to stomach the pink NFL Oct., but now they have gone back to the camo look, which I guess is to make us worship our military.

It's a scam.

So let me get this right: They use OUR tax $ to brainwash us to being pro war? That's total bull shit.
    it was to honor our veterans...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    This!!

- - - Updated - - -

Veterans Day being observed this Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think that's bullshit....keep it to yourself!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don't always see eye to eye with TeeTee, but he hit this one square on the head:

http://deadspin.com/these-teams-earn...-pa-1740567338

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Yea, I knew that was the intended perceived message. But they wore camo/military gear all of last year. Was the camo/military look just for this week, or will it also be an all-year deal?

Face it: We are being brainwashed into being OK with endless wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I don't always see eye to eye with TeeTee, but he hit this one square on the head:

http://deadspin.com/these-teams-earn...-pa-1740567338
    Yup. The whole "salute to service" thing is awe-inspiring and all.

The people coming up with these slogans have never held their buddy's guts in, with blood past their elbows. Those making plans for all the camo patterns plastered in our faces have never watched their best friend die right in front of them. They have never lost limbs, eyesight or brain function. The establishment wants endless war, and use vast propaganda to pursue such. And NONE of these wars have anything to do with making us safer; that is a complete and utter lie. All bull shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    This!!

- - - Updated - - -

Veterans Day being observed this Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think that's bullshit....keep it to yourself!!!
    First of all, they wore war glamorizing gear all season last year. Do you think they won't be plugging war all this season too?

Second of all all, there is this thing called the first amd. I don't have to keep any thoughts to myself. The US Constitution guarantees that.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This should be in "Around the NFL" section, not "Steelers Talk"

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

why you guys all hate on tee tee? many of his posts are thought provoking and contain much truth!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I for one don't feel brainwashed. I can hate war and still respect and honor the Veterans that have protected this country. For something as simple as a camo hat, well I'm all for it. Hell, the coaches and players can wear them 365 days a year.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    why you guys all hate on tee tee? many of his posts are thought provoking and contain much truth!
    He is our modern day steeldawg.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I have too many other things to think about.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I for one don't feel brainwashed. I can hate war and still respect and honor the Veterans that have protected this country. For something as simple as a camo hat, well I'm all for it. Hell, the coaches and players can wear them 365 days a year.
    Nah, thinking you aren't brainwashed is a sure sign that you are. That's just the way the Illuminati want you to think.

NOOK DEM COMMIE BASTURDZ!

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

I see it as just another way for the NFL to make the fans spend more $$$ on NFL licensed merchandise.... They could care less about whom or what they are honoring as long as we keep padding the NFLs pockets with our hard earned $$$$$$$...... I will spend my money on themed Terrible Towels for my TT Wall.... At least part of that goes to a bonafide good cause....

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't really see any problem with it. The military uses it to help recruiting - which, let's face it, they need to have recruiting, and they need to spend money on it - and the NFL uses it as one more windmill to tilt at in its never-ending quest for good PR. If they can make money off it too, that's like Goodell's wet dream. He'll probably spend all day Wednesday masturbating about it.

I know, I know, it's the military, so ooh, the evil gubmint. Trying to get us to support their evil wars. I've got news for you, there are several wars going on somewhere at any given time, which has been the case pretty much continuously throughout the entirety of recorded human history. People fight ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It's what we do. I'm more inclined to be glad that having a superior military with superior technology has let us keep the actual fighting at arm's length for the better part of a century. That's worth being thankful for, I think.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Nah, thinking you aren't brainwashed is a sure sign that you are. That's just the way the Illuminati want you to think.

NOOK DEM COMMIE BASTURDZ!

That's a good one. I always cracked up at "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. The whole 2 x 4 bit and all. Cracked me up.

word
    Last edited by TeeTee; 11-11-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Junior Member Array title="myfriendnick is an unknown quantity at this point"> myfriendnick's Avatar

It's a scam.

its such garbage... why do they have to PAY the NFL to promote the military?!? The NFL should WANT to promote the veterans...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Just because...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't really see any problem with it. The military uses it to help recruiting - which, let's face it, they need to have recruiting, and they need to spend money on it - and the NFL uses it as one more windmill to tilt at in its never-ending quest for good PR. If they can make money off it too, that's like Goodell's wet dream. He'll probably spend all day Wednesday masturbating about it.

I know, I know, it's the military, so ooh, the evil gubmint. Trying to get us to support their evil wars. I've got news for you, there are several wars going on somewhere at any given time, which has been the case pretty much continuously throughout the entirety of recorded human history. People fight ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It's what we do. I'm more inclined to be glad that having a superior military with superior technology has let us keep the actual fighting at arm's length for the better part of a century. That's worth being thankful for, I think.
    I am not falling for the "man always fights and kills each other, always has, always will" excuse. That had more truth when mankind was fighting to literally live. Tell me why we "had to" invade Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan. The reasons given were such obvious lies. Vietnam was a total scam. The reason given for our invasion there is now a known lie; our ship was never attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin, that was simply a lie.

http://fair.org/media-beat-column/30...d-vietnam-war/

The US military is simply the muscle for the international bankers. The only thing our troops actually fight for are the elite bankers and industrial military complex, period. None of these wars are fought to keep America free or safe. That is total bullshit. Tell me, what does every country recently attacked by US troops - or by proxy such as Libya - and those countries currently vilified by our media and govt (one in the same) have in common?

Can you guess?

They refused to be part of the central bankers scam. Period. They won't allow those snakes and rats into their country. And for that, there will be a regime change, one way or another. Oh, and other sure way to be put on the "boogeyman" list is to refuse to give up your land for an oil pipeline, which is why Afg. and, next, Syria got attacked. It has nothing to do with terrorism or any hogwash like that.

America doesn't need to be the world's cops. But since the bankers own us, they call the shots, as they control our govt., media, clergy, you name it. All these wars are utter bullshit. They absolutely are not necessary or unavoidable.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I am not falling for the "man always fights and kills each other, always has, always will" excuse. That had more truth when mankind was fighting to literally live. Tell me why we "had to" invade Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan. The reasons given were such obvious lies. Vietnam was a total scam. The reason given for our invasion there is now a known lie; our ship was never attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin, that was simply a lie.

http://fair.org/media-beat-column/30...d-vietnam-war/

The US military is simply the muscle for the international bankers. The only thing our troops actually fight for are the elite bankers and industrial military complex, period. None of these wars are fought to keep America free or safe. That is total bullshit. Tell me, what does every country recently attacked by US troops - or by proxy such as Libya - and those countries currently vilified by our media and govt (one in the same) have in common?

Can you guess?

They refused to be part of the central bankers scam. Period. They won't allow those snakes and rats into their country. And for that, there will be a regime change, one way or another. Oh, and other sure way to be put on the "boogeyman" list is to refuse to give up your land for an oil pipeline, which is why Afg. and, next, Syria got attacked. It has nothing to do with terrorism or any hogwash like that.

America doesn't need to be the world's cops. But since the bankers own us, they call the shots, as they control our govt., media, clergy, you name it. All these wars are utter bullshit. They absolutely are not necessary or unavoidable.

Again, when you start talking about grand conspiracies involving hundreds of thousands of people over several decades, that's where any argument loses all credibility. The idea of some secret cabal of bankers pulling the strings for profit in any of those cases is beyond laughable. It is absolutely impossible to keep something like that secret. People are way too stupid to actually pull that off, and the more people you add to a conspiracy, the closer the probability of discovery approaches 1. In the places where these kinds of things actually do happen, it is not secret; it is a well-known fact but it just happens anyway because the venue is invariably a totalitarian dictatorship.

That aside, no, I don't think very many people would agree that the Vietnam War was necessary or even a good idea, although the reason seems to me more a case of some errant sense of principle getting way out of hand among the people in charge, and then refusal to admit they were wrong. On the rest, you are obviously one of those who is an impossible person to argue with, so it will probably be more productive to go spend the next half-hour slamming my dick in a door instead.

I do wonder one thing. You often bring up the Nazis and their war propaganda machine as an example of the evil standard of evil toward which our own evil gubmint war conspiracy is headed. So if they were really evil, was it a good thing that we fought them? Or was that a big conspiracy too? (If so, where does your Nazi example go then? - it boggles the mind)
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Again, when you start talking about grand conspiracies involving hundreds of thousands of people over several decades, that's where any argument loses all credibility. The idea of some secret cabal of bankers pulling the strings for profit in any of those cases is beyond laughable.
    Except that there is nothing secret about who the group is. You not knowing that is what is laughable. Ever hear of the Rothschild family? How about the banks that make up the Federal Reserve? Yea, real secret.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Is this about respect for the military, or why the NFL is doing this, or how the politicians use it and why. If it is the later, I'm moving the thread to the political section.

AML

Except that there is nothing secret about who the group is. You not knowing that is what is laughable. Ever hear of the Rothschild family? How about the banks that make up the Federal Reserve? Yea, real secret.

Look, I enjoy what you have to say about football, but the conspiracy stuff is really just not even on the map. Everyone's heard some version of the same thing before and come to other conclusions.

Veterans Day is first and foremost about the soldiers. Even if you think they're all just hapless dupes and pawns in some great game, they're real people who have devoted a significant part of their lives to defending the country, and a lot of them have gone through some real shit because of it. At the very least, anyone who's not an asshole would say that deserves a tip of the cap a couple times a year. Nobody's asking for anything more than that, although taking the day off work to get drunk is a fine way of showing respect too.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

you sir obviously don't get it. you have never had to lie to a friend or brother laying n their own blood that they will be ok knowing they will not make it. Withou7t people like me standing in the way of shitheads around the world im betting you and your ilk would be first to fold and first to die. So, Anything about veterans or anything of that nature PLEASE keep to yourself thank you

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    you sir obviously don't get it. you have never had to lie to a friend or brother laying n their own blood that they will be ok knowing they will not make it. Withou7t people like me standing in the way of shitheads around the world im betting you and your ilk would be first to fold and first to die. So, Anything about veterans or anything of that nature PLEASE keep to yourself thank you
    Oh yea? What war the the US STARTED were fought so Americans wouldn't have to actually fight bad guys in our country? Oh, that's right, how about zero? Get off the meds they got you on; they are clouding your judgement.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Oh yea? What war the the US STARTED were fought so Americans wouldn't have to actually fight bad guys in our country? Oh, that's right, how about zero? Get off the meds they got you on; they are clouding your judgement.
    Did you eat paint chips or did you get pick on everyday in high school or maybe both? would you rather we send guys name your favorite hell hole or have them sad sacks of shit wanting to kill you on american soil? I am trying not to be a dick about this but it would be great if you dont like veterans day or anything associated with it just shut the fuck up. As far as my meds, are concerned they got cut so they could pay for your health care and rent to your mom for living in her basement, so you really should show respect that would be much appreciated.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

TeeTee,
    Veterans' Day isn't supposed to be about "the military", it's supposed to be about the people who have served in it. Granted, most people don't know how to commemorate the day, but that's no reason to crap all over it.

My way of thanking the vets every year is to look after the well- being of those who are currently serving in the hopes that they get better- treated than we did.
    This includes a "give 'til it hurts" contribution to the Fisher House foundation, which... if you don't know, you should google them.

Your railing about "the military" isn't all that far off the mark, but it is off enough to ruffle feathers. It's not "the military" you should be mad at, it's the politicians. They're the ones who kick- start nonsense wars cavalierly and then don't take care of our vets when they come home.
    Our servicemen and women are the ones who suffer as a result.
    Please keep that in mind

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I have too many other things to think about.
    This is precisely why and how we will be losing our freedoms and liberties. No one has time to bother to think beyond what the govt. and mainstream media tells you. That is exactly how you lose a free nation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    TeeTee,
    Veterans' Day isn't supposed to be about "the military", it's supposed to be about the people who have served in it. Granted, most people don't know how to commemorate the day, but that's no reason to crap all over it.

My way of thanking the vets every year is to look after the well- being of those who are currently serving in the hopes that they get better- treated than we did.
    This includes a "give 'til it hurts" contribution to the Fisher House foundation, which... if you don't know, you should google them.

Your railing about "the military" isn't all that far off the mark, but it is off enough to ruffle feathers. It's not "the military" you should be mad at, it's the politicians. They're the ones who kick- start nonsense wars cavalierly and then don't take care of our vets when they come home.
    Our servicemen and women are the ones who suffer as a result.
    Please keep that in mind

Best,
    -Slashy
    If you fully, truly support the vets, then you don't just sit idly by while the govt. takes shits on them. I find it sickening that so many people think that putting a flag on their lawn or bumper sticker means they support our vets. That is hogwash. If you truly care about them, then you wouldn't just stick your head in the sand and not speak out against Imperialist wars to enrich the elite, while maiming and killing our troops. The Founding Fathers would NEVER be in favor of these wars for those reasons. If you want to excuse away the war plugging camo patterns as simply saluting our vets, OK. But they had the camo motif going all last season, not just the week of veterans day. The NFL is systematically cheerleading to keep selling these wars as honorable, when that can't possibly be further from the truth.

And the next person who claims, "The troops fight for our freedom" needs water thrown over their head. None of these wars has a single thing to do with keeping Americans free or safe. That is 100% bull shit.