Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's with the camo motif?

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Re: What's with the camo motif?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    Did you eat paint chips or did you get pick on everyday in high school or maybe both? would you rather we send guys name your favorite hell hole or have them sad sacks of shit wanting to kill you on american soil? I am trying not to be a dick about this but it would be great if you dont like veterans day or anything associated with it just shut the fuck up. As far as my meds, are concerned they got cut so they could pay for your health care and rent to your mom for living in her basement, so you really should show respect that would be much appreciated.
    Welcome to the brainwashed state. Just because you live in delusions does not mean others should. You failed to answer the question (as expected): What wars that the US started led to the American people keeping their freedoms. Go ahead and tell us. I'd love to hear this one.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    If you fully, truly support the vets, then you don't just sit idly by while the govt. takes shits on them. I find it sickening that so many people think that putting a flag on their lawn or bumper sticker means they support our vets. That is hogwash. If you truly care about them, then you wouldn't just stick your head in the sand and not speak out against Imperialist wars to enrich the elite, while maiming and killing our troops. The Founding Fathers would NEVER be in favor of these wars for those reasons.
    TeeTee,
    I am in full agreement with all of this (as most on this forum will attest). I would add "neglecting them when they come home and need medical care and assistance reintegrating into civilian society" to the list.
    I'm just pointing out that the vets are not the ones at fault, they are the victims.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Member Array title="dduc996 is an unknown quantity at this point"> dduc996's Avatar

Everything is marketable in a free market.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    If you fully, truly support the vets, then you don't just sit idly by while the govt. takes shits on them. I find it sickening that so many people think that putting a flag on their lawn or bumper sticker means they support our vets. That is hogwash. If you truly care about them, then you wouldn't just stick your head in the sand and not speak out against Imperialist wars to enrich the elite, while maiming and killing our troops. The Founding Fathers would NEVER be in favor of these wars for those reasons. If you want to excuse away the war plugging camo patterns as simply saluting our vets, OK. But they had the camo motif going all last season, not just the week of veterans day. The NFL is systematically cheerleading to keep selling these wars as honorable, when that can't possibly be further from the truth.

And the next person who claims, "The troops fight for our freedom" needs water thrown over their head. None of these wars has a single thing to do with keeping Americans free or safe. That is 100% bull shit.
    Very interested....What branch of the service did you serve in?
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I think this has gone on long enough. It has turned into a blast the last post thread. No one is going to change any mines on this subject, and whether we agree or not we are all entitled to our opinion. After all, that is what the veterans have given us in the first place.

AML

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Very interested....What branch of the service did you serve in?
    The American citizen branch. Why, is there any other branch I needed to serve to have an opinion about my govt's corruption?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    TeeTee,
    I am in full agreement with all of this (as most on this forum will attest). I would add "neglecting them when they come home and need medical care and assistance reintegrating into civilian society" to the list.
    I'm just pointing out that the vets are not the ones at fault, they are the victims.

Best,
    -Slashy
    Where did I say it was the vets' faults.