Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers promote CB Doran Grant to active roster

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers promote CB Doran Grant to active roster

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    Thought the was released and picked up by the Cardinals. That wasn't him?
    No, Grant got promoted to the active roster from the practice squad. Cardinals probably were stalking him though. LOL.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Pretty simple: If they use Grant as a cornerback, they need another safety. If they use him as a safety, they need another corner. Hopefully he's good enough to start at one of them or at least be the nickel guy, otherwise we need both.

What I really hope doesn't happen is that we pin our hopes on Grant and Golson, and skip both positions in the draft (in favor of more linebackers, no doubt) - then one of them is a dud or gets injured again, and we're back to this year's shitshow secondary. That's the one thing that could prevent us from being serious championship contenders; need to make sure it doesn't happen.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Pretty simple: If they use Grant as a cornerback, they need another safety. If they use him as a safety, they need another corner. Hopefully he's good enough to start at one of them or at least be the nickel guy, otherwise we need both.

What I really hope doesn't happen is that we pin our hopes on Grant and Golson, and skip both positions in the draft (in favor of more linebackers, no doubt) -
    then one of them is a dud or gets injured again, and we're back to this year's shitshow secondary. That's the one thing that could prevent us from being serious championship contenders; need to make sure it doesn't happen.

Can't argue with that. The whole secondary except for Mitchell and the 2 rookies are all free agents.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Can't argue with that. The whole secondary except for Mitchell and the 2 rookies are all free agents.
    I'm 99% sure we bring back Cock since he's an exclusive-rights free agent ... we would be idiots not to bring back Golden and he should be cheap. My guess is we probably keep one of Gay or Boykin too, which means almost certainly it would be Gay, although I wish it was Boykin.

Ideally, we would just trash Blake and Allen and swap Grant and Golson in for them, plus add a high draft pick. Although in reality that draft pick will probably go to replace Boykin, and for some reason we'll bring back Blake and watch him fuck up all preseason until hopefully someone has the good sense to send him packing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...