Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those wanting Dri Archer to be cut...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

For those wanting Dri Archer to be cut...

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Dri Archer is 8th in the NFL in KR average. Danny Smith says he's much improved. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: For those wanting Dri Archer to be cut...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Dri Archer is 8th in the NFL in KR average. Danny Smith says he's much improved. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

That's like being one of the prettiest contestants in the Jenny Craig vs. Weight Watchers annual sumo wrestling championships.

(This is the worst year for kickoffs that I can remember.)

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Well if Danny Smith says so....

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That's like being one of the prettiest contestants in the Jenny Craig vs. Weight Watchers annual sumo wrestling championships.

(This is the worst year for kickoffs that I can remember.)
    Exactly. As I pointed out on a previous post in a different thread..... several seasons ago, at a time when kickoff returns still held relevancy, before rule changes made touchbacks the normal result of an NFL kickoff, we had a kickoff returner (Stephen Logan) who was 3rd in the NFL in kickoff return yardage, 6th in avg per return He was also our punt returner and up among the league leaders in all relevant categories for that venue as well. .The Steelers deemed him unworthy of a roster spot the following season because he had no real position on offense or defense.

So how exactly do we justify a roster spot for a guy who doesn't even return punts with the rules such as they are? And let's not get carried away. He has still as of yet advanced a kickoff to even as far as midfield. Has he even got one to the 40 yet? Heh I would love to see the kid take one to the house. But as of now using numbers to support his roster spot just doesn't wash.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

What's he gained us versus touchbacks on the season - 20 yards?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

8th according to what criteria? He's 23rd according nfl.com, which includes all returns. If you weed out those with less than 5 returns, he's still only 14th.

He's got a 25.5 avg with a long of 35, which is nothing spectacular.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

lol...he's 8th if you say "minimum of 8 returns." Nice "spin"...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Stick somebody else back there and bring in more defense.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Oooooh a 30 yd return but you only get to the 22. How the hell is the 8 yards in the end zone counted now? That's chickenshit stats if you ask me.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

You were saying....?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

No excuse by coaching for this guy to ever touch the ball again.

- - - Updated - - -

Arizona is losing to the Browns big time.
    All Defense!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Tomlin will keep him as the KR for at least two more years.
    Hater = Realist

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Seriously, Super Runt has got to GO.

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

He is 100% worthless.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Seriously, Super Runt has got to GO.
    does Super Runt ever make anyone miss?

the first guy down the field always seems to tackle him...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

No, he has no ability to juke anybody whatsoever.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

That's three useless Steelers eating up cap space.

Super Runt, Cam Thomas, and Jarvis Jones.

Senior Member Array title="zoneblitzerII will become famous soon enough">

...you were right. He should be cut.

I swear, if I see that little shit run out one more should-be touchback from 8-10 yards deep in the end zone only to get smacked at the 10-yard line...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

His returns aren't smart and the stats are bloated...it's ridiculous to say that he's 8th or 5th in the league. He's not really...if you spin it a certain way...sure...but let's be honest, the guy has no value, no game. I saw someone reporting that he should be traded to the Jets for D-Line depth. That would be great if they could do that, but he's useless...lol. Any GM/Coach would see that in the film reviews.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I think a strong wind would knock him over.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

How many times has he decided to run it out from the end zone and not gotten to the 20 yard line? That stat doesn't exist as far as I know, but it sure as hell should.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    How many times has he decided to run it out from the end zone and not gotten to the 20 yard line? That stat doesn't exist as far as I know, but it sure as hell should.
    More times than I'd care to count. And yes, it should be counted as negative yardage.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Boot him and Danny Bubblegum Smith. Yes Danny he's much improved, by making it to the 15 twice today.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

No, he has no ability to juke anybody whatsoever.
    Sucks to be a long-strider at his height.
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Heath has more ability to "juke" than super runt.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Dri is bad. He relies on speed and that's about it. He's not patient and doesn't wait for lanes to open up (it doesn't help that the blocking is pretty bad too). He doesn't try to juke, stiff arm, etc anyone. He just runs.

Then, the coaching staff fails because they don't bench Dri. When Marcus Wheaton replaced Dri last season, Marcus was always getting the Steelers better field position. If I'm the coaching staff, I'm making that change.

More times than I'd care to count. And yes, it should be counted as negative yardage.
    I said the same thing. If he returns it 9 yards deep and gets to the 16, he gets credited for a 25-yard return. If he downs it, the Steelers get the ball at the 20. Because he was stupid and decided to return it, didn't make the 20, he should be credited for -4 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Dri is bad. He relies on speed and that's about it. He's not patient and doesn't wait for lanes to open up (it doesn't help that the blocking is pretty bad too). He doesn't try to juke, stiff arm, etc anyone. He just runs.

Then, the coaching staff fails because they don't bench Dri. When Marcus Wheaton replaced Dri last season, Marcus was always getting the Steelers better field position. If I'm the coaching staff, I'm making that change.
    No question Wheaton is a better kick returner. But since Dri is no longer a rookie if they sack him from his one and only duty then they have to admit they blew that pick badly. Which at this point they seem unwilling to do.

This thread is titled "For those wanting Dri Archer to be cut", the real question is outside of Tomlin and maybe Colbert who doesn't want him to be cut? Seeing as how Haley doesn't even make any pretense about getting him involved in the offense anymore I doubt he would have any objection. And seeing as how Dri twice put the offense in a terrible hole to start a possession yesterday, this with your qb coming off a devastating injury I really wouldn't think Todd is in Archer's camp.

I guess the fear always is that if you let someone go they'll find a team with a scheme they're better suited for and they'll come back and haunt you. But I really don't see it. His skills such as they are just don't seem to translate to the NFL game. And regardless the fact of the matter is he's occupying a roster spot without giving any return ( pardon the play on words ) so to hell with what he does elsewhere. Get him gone now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post

No question Wheaton is a better kick returner. But since Dri is no longer a rookie if they sack him from his one and only duty then they have to admit they blew that pick badly. Which at this point they seem unwilling to do.

This thread is titled "For those wanting Dri Archer to be cut", the real question is outside of Tomlin and maybe Colbert who doesn't want him to be cut? Seeing as how Haley doesn't even make any pretense about getting him involved in the offense anymore I doubt he would have any objection. And seeing as how Dri twice put the offense in a terrible hole to start a possession yesterday, this with your qb coming off a devastating injury I really wouldn't think Todd is in Archer's camp.

I guess the fear always is that if you let someone go they'll find a team with a scheme they're better suited for and they'll come back and haunt you. But I really don't see it. His skills such as they are just don't seem to translate to the NFL game. And regardless the fact of the matter is he's occupying a roster spot without giving any return ( pardon the play on words ) so to hell with what he does elsewhere. Get him gone now!

Dri won't be cut now that Bell is out.

1. DeAngelo
    2. Todman
    3. W.Johnson
    4. Super Runt