Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: For those wanting Dri Archer to be cut...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: For those wanting Dri Archer to be cut...

So the Steelers missed on some third round picks, they also hit huge on some later round picks. If Antonio Brown had been drafted in the third round as opposed to the 6th round is anyone bitching? Same with Kelvin Beachum, and Martavis Bryant. I mean I just don't get it sometimes. For example we probably come out of the 13 draft with the best player in the entire draft.(LeVeon Bell) But because we took him in the 2nd round it supposedly doesn't count to the naysayers among'st us. No, all they want to do is bitch about our first round pick.

What's done is done. The Steelers have missed on some picks no doubt. But the overall talent level is still in the top 1/3 of the league this despite usually drafting at the bottom third of every round. So it's not all bad folks.

My opinion, the third round picks, just a coincidental run of bad luck associated with a particular round. I don't think it's any less likely they nab a top flight player in the third round in next year's draft than any other team.

File this one in the category, shit happens.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bryant should have been a 3rd-round pick. The Steelers got lucky he was there in the 4th...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Gore and Snyder are outside the period we are comparing. Culliver is now a Redskin, so he can't count for the 49'ers either. Neither can McDonald since the team released him and so did his subsequent team (Bears). So now we are talking about Bowman and Borland. This is the track record that beats the Steelers over the same 7 year period? Not sure I see how that argument comes together - unless you are simply dedicated to be pessimistic.
    You're wasting your time with him on this topic. I've spent hours (literally) discussing drafts with him, and this is the one area where I've made zero headway with him. Usually he's pretty amenable to seeing the opposing side of things, but for whatever reason, he digs his heels in when it comes to the draft.

As Zu said: he'd rather focus on Jarvis Jones, rather than acknowledge Le'Veon Bell.

Likewise, if you ever mention AB, he'll bring up Jason Worilds.

SUMMATION:
    Unless every single pick in a draft is a first-ballot HOFer, it's a "bad" draft. Oh well.

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    You're wasting your time with him on this topic. I've spent hours (literally) discussing drafts with him, and this is the one area where I've made zero headway with him. Usually he's pretty amenable to seeing the opposing side of things, but for whatever reason, he digs his heels in when it comes to the draft.

As Zu said: he'd rather focus on Jarvis Jones, rather than acknowledge Le'Veon Bell.

Likewise, if you ever mention AB, he'll bring up Jason Worilds.

SUMMATION:
    Unless every single pick in a draft is a first-ballot HOFer, it's a "bad" draft. Oh well.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    Are you really going to trolle in every thread?

Ugh.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just for the record, I was wasting some time today and downloaded the mobile Madden App and am trying to build my team up and got stuck with Archer at RB and he's actually a stud in the game...lol. Once he gets to the outside, it's a minimum 20 yard gain.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Just for the record, I was wasting some time today and downloaded the mobile Madden App and am trying to build my team up and got stuck with Archer at RB and he's actually a stud in the game...lol. Once he gets to the outside, it's a minimum 20 yard gain.
    Dri Archer is FAST!

can't blame him that Haley doesn't know how to design plays to get him outside...

FIRE Haley!!!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Dri Archer is FAST!

can't blame him that Haley doesn't know how to design plays to get him outside...

FIRE Haley!!!
    Unfortunately, a leaf blowing in the wind has a better chance of missing tackles than Archer ever did. I swear the passing breeze of a defender would knock him over.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I play Madden and Archer's card is crazy good because of his speed. I play Ultimate Team and have his upgraded Most Feared card that I use for PR/KR and Toss plays. He's a pretty easy 2 pt conversion on a toss almost every time.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Unfortunately, a leaf blowing in the wind has a better chance of missing tackles than Archer ever did. I swear the passing breeze of a defender would knock him over.
    Beyond that, he played scared.

A kick returner has to almost be a little "crazy". He has to run at full speed with absolutely no hesitation.

If Archer had gotten the ball, run immediately, with zero hesitation, he probably would have gotten to the 25 or farther every single time. Alas, he played scared, hesitated, never ran at full speed (negating his only asset), and once another player got anywhere near him, he fell (almost as if he was afraid to get hit).

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Beyond that, he played scared.

A kick returner has to almost be a little "crazy". He has to run at full speed with absolutely no hesitation.

If Archer had gotten the ball, run immediately, with zero hesitation, he probably would have gotten to the 25 or farther every single time. Alas, he played scared, hesitated, never ran at full speed (negating his only asset), and once another player got anywhere near him, he fell (almost as if he was afraid to get hit).
    I think "fearless" would be a better word for it and I agree, Archer doesn't run like that. He also doesn't have the field vision or the quick twitch elusiveness that's needed to be a great returner in the NFL.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Archer was the best cake topper we ever had.
    All Defense!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

You can't compare 49ers draft picks with the Steelers. For many of the years you are talking about 49ers were drafting in the upper 60s in the third round and the Steelers usually are in the upper 80s, 90s. So if Cleveland constantly drafts 33rd 34th they have a great record on 2nd round picks, Thats BS APPLES and bananas
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    You can't compare 49ers draft picks with the Steelers. For many of the years you are talking about 49ers were drafting in the upper 60s in the third round and the Steelers usually are in the upper 80s, 90s. So if Cleveland constantly drafts 33rd 34th they have a great record on 2nd round picks, Thats BS APPLES and bananas
    Browns 2nd Round Picks since 2000...

Joel Bitonio
    Mitchell Schwartz
    Greg Little
    Jabaal Sheard
    Montario Hardesty
    T.J. Ward
    Brian Robiskie
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Eric Wright
    D'Qwell Jackson
    Brodney Pool
    Sean Jones
    Chaun Thompson
    Andre Davis
    Quincy Morgan
    Dennis Northcutt

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Merry Christmas

So , No stats, but the eyeball test passes on Jacoby. He looks much better after getting acclimated . MUCH better than anything we have seen fro Dri.
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    So , No stats, but the eyeball test passes on Jacoby. He looks much better after getting acclimated . MUCH better than anything we have seen fro Dri.
    I agree. He's getting some return yardage now.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If he can just hold on to the fucking ball. He nearly lost it again this week. Fix that and it's a nice step forward, although there's less than zero chance he's back next year regardless.

I wasn't a fan of his decision to run it out of the end zone with 2:01 remaining and thereby waste the 2-minute warning (and get tackled at the 16), but I guess if you think the possible payoff of a big play outweighs that, it could go both ways.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Paperback $17.99

A humorous coloring book for the whole family, depicting famous disappointing moments from Cleveland professional sports. Why is Daddy Sad on Sunday: Disappointing Moments in Cleveland Sports Coloring Book contains 25 drawings depicting scenes of the biggest Cleveland professional sports bummers.

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Daddy-Sad-.../dp/061599234X

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Back to topic........J Jones is getting better for us.....maybe he's talking to his blockers. He is going to break one for us! Just wait and see!

He's starting to look more comfortable but I still think there is a critical fumble coming from him in the very near future...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    If he can just hold on to the fucking ball. He nearly lost it again this week.
    Yep.
    I hold my breath every time that he fields the ball.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Yep.
    I hold my breath every time that he fields the ball.
    I actually expect him to fumble it every time he fields a ball.. Jones seems to do better when he fields the ball and just takes off. He seems to have problems when he hesitates or attempts some fancy footwork. I still don't like this, the team could have faired well with the folks on the roster. It's hard to understand why he's having issues when this is just about all he did in the NFL. Pretty amazing, a guy runs the ball out to the 26 and we get excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Pretty amazing, a guy runs the ball out to the 26 and we get excited.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Pretty amazing, a guy runs the ball out to the 26 and we get excited.
    If he ever hits the 40, Steelers Nation will asplode, especially if there is no flag.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    If he ever hits the 40, Steelers Nation will asplode, especially if there is no flag.
    You'll need a royal flush for that to happen. Special teams is truly a hippo fart on killing long returns.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    You'll need a royal flush for that to happen. Special teams is truly a hippo fart on killing long returns.
    Hippo fart?

He's starting to look more comfortable but I still think there is a critical fumble coming from him in the very near future...
    Well that didn't take long...

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Marcus Wheaton...

Jacoby Jones will be released this week...