Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Can anyone name four active NFL head coaches they think are better than Tomlin?

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Re: Can anyone name four active NFL head coaches they think are better than Tomlin?

I'll keep it in this thread, but don't you think, with just a little bit better coaching, we win games vs. Balt., KC and Cinci? Or at least 2 out of 3 of them?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Can anyone name four active NFL head coaches they think are better than Tomlin?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    I'll keep it in this thread, but don't you think, with just a little bit better coaching, we win games vs. Balt., KC and Cinci? Or at least 2 out of 3 of them?
    with a better kicker, we beat Baltimore.

with a healthy Ben, we beat KC and Cinci...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    with a better kicker, we beat Baltimore.

with a healthy Ben, we beat KC and Cinci...
    This. Despite all the other injuries, if Ben doesn't go down, we're more than likely 7-1 and at the worst 6-2 (considering the defense's regression against KC in a very tough stadium to play in) right now. Very same thing that torpedoed the 2012 season for us.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    You're trying to OVERLY SIMPLIFY the subject. Head-to-head is ONE factor in a multitude of others to be taken in totality.
    No... YOU are trying to over simplify things. YOU were the one that added that Reid had beaten Tomlin head-to-head last week... as if that "one" win was somehow significant. YOU didn't say anything else; the post that YOU made (the one in contention) merely focused on that one win.

Okay, Reid beat Tomlin in one game. So what?

If you're trying to imply that that one win is significant, then see Norv Turner beating Jimmy Johnson twice in the same season.

If you're agreeing that is was merely "one" win, then we're in agreement.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I don't know if they are better coaches...but I DO know they have the worst sportsmanship in sports.

No thank you...those arrogant jack-wagons can poison some other team.
    This is where I'm really torn. I'm a Michigan fan, and I have to admit that I really like Jim Harbaugh as the coach.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    No... YOU are trying to over simplify things. YOU were the one that added that Reid had beaten Tomlin head-to-head last week... as if that "one" win was somehow significant. YOU didn't say anything else; the post that YOU made (the one in contention) merely focused on that one win.

If you're trying to imply that that one win is significant, then see Norv Turner beating Jimmy Johnson twice in the same season.

Not for nothing but when the Wild Card tie breakers come to town, that one game could be very significant...it's an AFC game, it could be a head-to-head tie breaker, it's a "common opponent" game...it could wind up being significant in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not for nothing but when the Wild Card tie breakers come to town, that one game could be very significant...it's an AFC game, it could be a head-to-head tie breaker, it's a "common opponent" game...it could wind up being significant in one way or another.
    One game can indeed be significant when determining playoff seeding.

One game does not have much significance when comparing head coaches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    This is where I'm really torn. I'm a Michigan fan, and I have to admit that I really like Jim Harbaugh as the coach.
    I loved him at Univ. of San Diego and at Stanford. Loved him.

But... he wasn't as whiny back then. And, I wasn't a player under him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

One game can indeed be significant when determining playoff seeding.

I would agree with that. I took that statement out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

One game doesn't determine who the better overall coach is.

but it's still possible to have one coach "outcoach" the other coach in one particular game...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Reading through this thread - I think that we all sometimes overestimate the impact of coaching.

Coaching isn't going to have Scooby Do make those kicks.
    Coaching didn't hurt the star QBs knee.
    Coaching didn't shred ligaments in the RB that your entire offense runs through.

I mean at least 2 losses this season have very little to do with coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    One game doesn't determine who the better overall coach is.

but it's still possible to have one coach "outcoach" the other coach in one particular game...
    Very, very true.

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

I didn't elaborate, but head-to-head is _A_ factor in determining who the better coach is, which should be considered with OTHER data in totality. I honestly think Reid is a better coach than Shades of Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Reading through this thread - I think that we all sometimes overestimate the impact of coaching.

Coaching isn't going to have Scooby Do make those kicks.
    Coaching didn't hurt the star QBs knee.
    Coaching didn't shred ligaments in the RB that your entire offense runs through.

I mean at least 2 losses this season have very little to do with coaching.
    I thought coaching botched the Ravens' game. We had that. The last play that they failed to convert on 4th down was a dumb call.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The only reason this thread has any relevance or a hint of truth to it, is that coaching around the league currently sucks. I don't propose Tomlin is any good. Just the rest of the pack is equally or more worthless. I mean back in the day when you had Noll and Knox, Shula, and Landry, and Madden, and Bum Phillips etc... Before them you had giants like Paul Brown, George Allen, Weeb Eubank, and of course the greatest of them all Lombardi.

But now it's pretty much the cheatah in Bahstan and everyone else. No one distinguishes themselves anymore. Just a bunch of robotic clowns who trot out an endless stream of cliches. .

The only thing that makes Tomlin tolerable is everyone else sucks as bad or worse.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."