Thread: Running back Le'Veon Bell wants ball, but he is not inclined to ask for it

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Running back Le'Veon Bell wants ball, but he is not inclined to ask for it

Le’Veon Bell wants the ball, he just won’t demand it. Not on fourth-and-1, not on third-and-2 with the game on the line, not in overtime, not on the goal line (not in a box, not with a fox).

“Umm, I’ll never turn it down if they call my number. I can’t say I need the ball every time.”

Maybe he should, at least Monday night in San Diego, where the third-worst rush defense resides.........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201510090199

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Running back Le'Veon Bell wants ball, but he is not inclined to ask for it

For Monday Night and going forward if AB isn't getting his share of balls, this team isn't going to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Kind of bittersweet. I don't think that's in his character. Coming in I felt Bell was a good kid. Unfortunately Bad News Blount got around him was a bad influence to him and he made a big mistake.

I think he learned from not being able to help the team while he was out and it really hurt him. You could even see it in the playoff game vs the Ravens.

I feel Bell is fully Back to being Bell without the bad influence.
    He's a team guy, and I don't see him putting himself above the team by demanding the ball.
    I'm positive he wants it, but he doesn't want the team or anyone else to misinterpret his will
    to win to help the team.

However we all know that Bell should have had that ball on at least once, if not both those situations.
    If not, he should have at least been in the backfield as a decoy. That was all on Haley. I'm not saying
    Haley lost them the game, but he sure could have won it. You don't make it easy on an opponent by
    having an empty backfield.

The Ravens didn't want any part of Bell. He was killing them. Haley also could have used a double back set.
    You have Williams and Bell is also a receiving threat. Make the Ravens guess what you're doing, but still use
    your horse because he was the bread and butter for that game.

Haley's questionable playcalling showed the Ravens his hand.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bittersweet?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    For Monday Night and going forward if AB isn't getting his share of balls, this team isn't going to go anywhere.
    You've mentioned AB several times... allow me to retort.

1. AB drops TD.

2. AB does not get foot in bounds on long pass (20 yards) on third down.

3. AB is overthrown on fourth down.

SUMMATION:
    I wouldn't say say they ignored AB.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Would love to see them split carries between Bell and Williams against the Chargers. Just alternate drives with them both to keep them fresh.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Would love to see them split carries between Bell and Williams against the Chargers. Just alternate drives with them both to keep them fresh.

It will depend on the flow and feel (not to be confused with suddeness and glide) of the game. Supposedly, the plan is Dwill gets in on every 3rd or 4th series. Haven't seen it in the games since Bell has been back but as the season goes on, I think DWill gets in the game more. He's probably the best #2 option at RB we've had in a long time.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

1. AB drops TD.

SUMMATION:
    its more than that. even when AB wasnt ignored Vick's delayed releases and floating-duck passes didnt allow him to utilize the league's best YAC ability.

That was the worst YAC performance by our receivers that ive seen in general in a long time. but thats on Vick for how long it took his passes to get there and how poorly thrown they were
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

1. AB drops TD.

SUMMATION:
    He wasn't targeted as much in the Ravens game as he has been. 11, 11, 13...against the Ravens, 9. Sure it's only two, but those two could be big plays...you don't know with Brown. I get what you're saying with you retort, but he wasn't as involved as previously. Typically, his targets are in the 12-14 range...

Also when you are starting a back up QB, you should be trying to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers (Bell and Brown) more than usual to make something happen...IMO.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    its more than that. even when AB wasnt ignored Vick's delayed releases and floating-duck passes didnt allow him to utilize the league's best YAC ability.

That was the worst YAC performance by our receivers that ive seen in general in a long time. but thats on Vick for how long it took his passes to get there and how poorly thrown they were
    In his defense: he had one day of practice to establish timing with his receivers. I expect a much better performance on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He wasn't targeted as much in the Ravens game as he has been. 11, 11, 13...against the Ravens, 9. Sure it's only two, but those two could be big plays...you don't know with Brown. I get what you're saying with you retort, but he wasn't as involved as previously. Typically, his targets are in the 12-14 range...

Also when you are starting a back up QB, you should be trying to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers (Bell and Brown) more than usual to make something happen...IMO.
    I'm not disagreeing (get the ball to AB as much as possible)... I just wanted clarification on what your exact thoughts were.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

At 0:20, Franco was in the huddle and told Brad, "Just give me the ball" after the Steelers were getting frustrated. Bell needs to get that killer instinct.

All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    At 0:20, Franco was in the huddle and told Brad, "Just give me the ball" after the Steelers were getting frustrated. Bell needs to get that killer instinct.

Franco was usually a cool and mild mannered guy. The Steelers got sick of Hollywood Cokehead Henderson's mouth and Franco was steaming from the previous play. He got so pissed that everyone in the huddle was surprised when he told Bradshaw to give him the damn ball. Nobody was stopping Franco on that play.

In his defense: he had one day of practice to establish timing with his receivers. I expect a much better performance on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not disagreeing (get the ball to AB as much as possible)... I just wanted clarification on what your exact thoughts were.
    I also feel like ABs head wasn't fully in the game...I feel like he knew here were going to be times he wasn't going to get the ball which I think was probably because of the game plan? Maybe I'm looking too much into it?