Thread: Playoff time! Go Buccos!

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Playoff time! Go Buccos!

Nervous yet?

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Re: Playoff time! Go Buccos!

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Nervous yet?
    Not at all because after watching ESPN for the last half hour I know that the Cubs are going to win the world series this year, nothing phases them, and their starting pitcher struck out Jesus Christ (forgive me lord) in two pitches.

Just going to drink a beer and enjoy the show! Oh, and keep my neighbors awake screaming "Let's go Buc's!"
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I don't have a great feeling about this game. I don't know that anyone could beat Arrieta in a one game scenario regardless of venue? But no matter what happens tonight. It's been a great season.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

I'm getting heavily medicated too - I have to watch it all in stereo

Pray with me - "We need the longball"

amen

Nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    Not at all

Kill the Cubbies!

that's what I say!

Arrrrrrgh!

(that's Pirate talk to you landlubbers)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'd like to see the Pirates beat the Cubs...the talk about "Cubs in the World Series" annoys the hell out of me...I like to see them suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Kill the Cubbies!
    Let's bring back some of that Cubbie magic!

Where was Bartman to catch that HR. Not good, not good!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Gerrit Cole is a very good pitcher. But he's not an ace yet. Next year maybe he will be? He's still very young.

I think Clint Hurdle is an excellent manager. But if he ever truly wants Cole to emerge as an ace I think starting next year he needs to see if Cole can pitch 9 innngs occasionally. It's a mental hurdle that both manager and pitcher need to see themselves through if Cole is to become all that he can be imo.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

their starting pitcher struck out Jesus Christ (forgive me lord) in two pitches.

How hard can that be? You just have to throw curveballs.

Too deep a hole. Gotta think about next round.

Rooting for the Cards now. Nothing good should ever happen to a Chicago fan.

As for the game, it was mentioned by Zu that Cole will be an ace. I agree, and this experience will only help him get there. Maybe he should beam Arrietta (just kidding...sort of)

4-0 Cubbies?

Go Penguins!

Maybe he should beam Arrietta (just kidding...sort of)
    OK, Watson should hit Arrietta then. I say let Rodriguez run into the Cubbies dugout, put it on pay per view, line up Rhonda Rousey for the after game match, and lets have a ball watching it all unfold!

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I was going to root for the Cubs before that bush league display. Now I hope the Hackers sweep them.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

OK, Watson should hit Arrietta then. I say let Rodriguez run into the Cubbies dugout, put it on pay per view, line up Rhonda Rousey for the after game match, and lets have a ball watching it all unfold!
    That would be better than what's currently on!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    That would be better than what's currently on!
    Agreed. No answer for Arietta. He is dominating our Bucco's. Hey, on the bright side, we aren't watching any of the '90's, early 00's Bucco's. We are in the playoffs! Next year is our year.

I will still be wearing my Pirates hat throughout the playoffs/World Series, no matter if they win or lose this game.

Off to post in the beer snobs thread, might as well post what I am drinking while watching this game go the way I don't want it.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

98 wins for nothing.

Outscored 12-0 in last two postseason games at home.

Bats go dead when it matters most.

So they're not 20 straight losers anymore, good, but now they're just another team that can't get the job done. I had a bad feeling they would be disappointing today, and they were. Better luck next year.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I can't help a feeling that the Pirates are wasting some good teams and some great seasons. It's very hard to get in postseason in MLB, and this success wan't last forever. Anything less than world series for this team is failure. They must add bats (infield please) in the offseason, keep bullpen intact, and keep Happ. Promoting Glasnow later in the season would add bullpen help, and I think they can manage with Cole, Liriano, Happ, Morton and Locke rotation through first half of the season. Window of this team is still open, but a lot of can happen in baseball in a very short amount of time.
    Last edited by Drazo85; 10-08-2015 at 05:48 AM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not a Pirates fan but to play 162 games, all in a series format, then come to the playoffs and have a "one game" play in is just dumb in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not a Pirates fan but to play 162 games, all in a series format, then come to the playoffs and have a "one game" play in is just dumb in my opinion...
    I'm a Cards fan but i definitely agree, especially when it's the teams with the 2nd and 3rd best regular season records in MLB.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Abso-fucking-lutely!!!

The three best teams in baseball were all from the same division; and thus, two of them have to play one another in a one-game playoff...??? Asinine!!!

What's almost as bad is that either the Cubs or the Cards will be going home in a week, and the fourth (or fifth) best team in the National League will be in the NLCS. The format should have allowed for the Cubs/Pirates to play the Cards in the NEXT round of the playoffs. As it is, the Cards actually drew a harder opponent than the Dodgers did. WTF!?!

I know, I know... it is a set format. But, when two of the top three teams in the league are ousted in the first two rounds, it doesn't crown the victor; it crowns the survivor.