Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: K Chris Boswell signed by Steelers

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: K Chris Boswell signed by Steelers

Yikes, doesn't look like this situation is going to be better at any point soon.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Went from bad to worse is my fear.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Re: Report: K Chris Boswell to also get tryout with Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well, this Boswell guy looks like he really sucks. I'd take either of the other two before him.

They ought to bring in Hope Solo just for the publicity. Then they could have a photo op with her, Ben and Vick and fans of other teams could say, "Hey, there's the rapist, the dog killer, and the ... domestic something, uh, shitty drunk, I don't know, maybe just an idiot." So that would make a pretty good internet meme.
    They can also sign Ray Rice for depth in the backfield.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    They can also sign Ray Rice for depth in the backfield.
    You mean another RB that will collect dust riding the bench? Even Coach Noll used Franco and Rocky in the same backfield. Does Tomlin know the Pirates made the playoffs? Is he going to make the Steelers the worst pro team in the city?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Looks like the best solution to our kicking problems may be to score touchdowns.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Looks like the best solution to our kicking problems may be to score touchdowns.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    what good is any kicker if the coach is too scared to let him kick?

going 2 for 4 (with the two misses being in the 40+ yard range) does not warrant a coach into being scared to kick a field goal to possibly win and walk off win the game.

…and let’s not forget, they weren’t bad misses.

instead he gives it to the backup QB, without Bell on the field, to throw the ball on 4th down. Brilliant!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...is-boswell-in/
    Not to mention the FG attempts were against the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

How long before The anti-Scobee brigade want the new kicker cut? Haha.
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    And go for 2 after those touchdowns

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    And go for 2 after those touchdowns
    and let Randy Fichtner make those play calls, not Todd Haley...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That "4th & 2" play was supposedly a 2-point play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

We're emptying out the kicker barrel in a hurry... and Tomlin needed a scapegoat.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Wasn't Skippy an out of nowhere guy signed after a tryout during the season when a vet kicker struggled?

He worked out pretty good until he got the yips. Or maybe it was the DT's.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

and let Randy Fichtner make those play calls, not Todd Haley...
    And if he doesn't make the right call, pitchforks come out?

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wasn't Skippy an out of nowhere guy signed after a tryout during the season when a vet kicker struggled?

He worked out pretty good until he got the yips. Or maybe it was the DT's.
    What I'm hoping is this is a guy with the raw athletic ability who just never received the benefit of proper coaching in college. Kicking guru's at the college level really aren't the norm. so this guy could actually come in and prove to be all right.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    And if he doesn't make the right call, pitchforks come out?

Junior Member Array title="SteelFever is an unknown quantity at this point"> SteelFever's Avatar

I love it. LOL

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Many of you got your wish. Scobee is gone and replaced by a less accurate kicker with no game experience. Haha.

I don't think anyone was wishing for that. We were hoping they would cut Scobee and sign someone OTHER than the shittiest kicker available.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I don't think anyone was wishing for that. We were hoping they would cut Scobee and sign someone OTHER than the shittiest kicker available.
    I am pretty sure Scobee is better than all of the available kickers out there. I can't seem to find one kicker on the free agent list that is better.

I wonder if Boswell can kickoff into the endzone one at least.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FP7PVZpyymY

And why dont we give Kickalicious a call? He never got further than the Lions practice squad. Can't believe no one has given this guy a real shot

K
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FP7PVZpyymY

And why dont we give Kickalicious a call? He never got further than the Lions practice squad. Can't believe no one has given this guy a real shot
    It's because he isn't accurate.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I am pretty sure Scobee is better than all of the available kickers out there. I can't seem to find one kicker on the free agent list that is better.

It's because he isn't accurate.
    Well, Scobee isn't accurate either anymore, apparently. Shayne Graham, Henery, Feely, even a rerun of Jeff Reed ... I would've taken them all over this guy. Hell, bring Joe Nedney out of retirement; just have him fly to wherever we're playing one day a week and then fly out the same night. That'd probably be better too.

I'd bring in Kickalicious if we ever need to kick off the side of a mountain or wind up in an Aussie Rules football match, but for now, I'd rather he just get in a fistfight with Scobee and leave it at that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well, Scobee isn't accurate either anymore, apparently. Shayne Graham, Henery, Feely, even a rerun of Jeff Reed ... I would've taken them all over this guy. Hell, bring Joe Nedney out of retirement; just have him fly to wherever we're playing one day a week and then fly out the same night. That'd probably be better too.

I'd bring in Kickalicious if we ever need to kick off the side of a mountain or wind up in an Aussie Rules football match, but for now, I'd rather he just get in a fistfight with Scobee and leave it at that.
    Scobee kicked into the wind from over 40+ yards. It doesn't make sense to replace him with a less accurate kicker with probably a weaker leg. Don't most kickers have a tough time kicking in Heinz Stadium?
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Scobee kicked into the wind from over 40+ yards. It doesn't make sense to replace him with a less accurate kicker with probably a weaker leg. Don't most kickers have a tough time kicking in Heinz Stadium?
    Scobee seemed to have a tough time kicking anywhere. Something was going on mental,with him. It definitely wasn't the physical aspect of his game. He's got the leg...no doubt. I wouldn't have cut Scobee yet...

Junior Member Array title="SteelFever is an unknown quantity at this point"> SteelFever's Avatar

After missing 4 of 10 field goals, plus a missed extra point, and the coach showing he did not trust him to try to kick a game winner, his confidence has to be shattered. Once they lose faith in themselves, they are worthless. A change had to be made. That being said, I don't have much faith in the new kicker either. The Steelers love to break NFL records, maybe we are going for a record of most kickers replaced on a team in one year. After four weeks we have had four different kickers signed, maybe we should bring in a new kicker each week and end the season with 16 different kickers, just a thought, don't shoot me. LOL

lol. Wonder what the record is for number of kickers on a team in one season...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I agree with this. Tomlin was ask if he had any concern over Scobee missing two FG's after the Cheats game and he said *None.* So now your going to can the best available kicker, loose 2.5 mil and a draft pick for a kicker with a weaker leg and a possible heart issue?

I hope this kid works out.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Scobee seemed to have a tough time kicking anywhere. Something was going on mental,with him. It definitely wasn't the physical aspect of his game. He's got the leg...no doubt. I wouldn't have cut Scobee yet...
    If that was the case he would have fit in perfectly with Cortez and Mike Adams knitting therapy. All head cases come to Pittsburgh to get paid for nothing....but the FO has added a new twist by losing a drift pick in the process.

The other kicker didn't seem to have a problem with the conditions.

Scobee just sucks this year. He cost us a winnable game, some would argue two (although I still think we would've probably lost in New England given our strategy and the way we were playing). Completely unacceptable.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The other kicker didn't seem to have a problem with the conditions.

Scobee just sucks this year. He cost us a winnable game, some would argue two (although I still think we would've probably lost in New England given our strategy and the way we were playing). Completely unacceptable.
    Tucker is a better kicker and was kicking with the wind,opposite end, Scobee into the wind...I believe. Scobee is a scapegoat for a stalled thursday night offense. Didn't this happen before..like maybe with a punter?

Tucker has more experience kivking at Heinz Field...lol.