Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players who won't improve

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Players who won't improve

I know this is a message board, and that means it's here for us to discuss stuff relative to the board's stated subjects.

That being said, there are some players who are not likely to get any better than they have shown, and hence, don't even need discussed. (I know that the nature of message boards is to debate and discuss, and I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't want to chat on, just saying I think the following players' stories are now known.)

1.) Mike Vick. He is what he is. There isn't going to be any development over what we saw last night, and that is a QB who isn't wired to read defenses and/or find the open targets. He simply isn't capable of it, and, at his age, he never will be. As Charlie Casserly pointed out, Vick simply didn't see wide open targets, wasted time in the pocket and got sacked because he never saw wide open WRs. Also, Bell was open on some plays that Vick just never saw. Ben would never miss most of these open targets. He also isn't about to get real accurate. Some of his passes will be on target, others will not be. This isn't going to change. When his physical skills were eye-popping, he could just take off and make plays with his blinding speed. He is still very fast, but not enough to compensate for his lack of vision, decision making and inaccurate arm. There is a reason he hasn't posted a winning record for a long time.

2.) Jarvis Jones. Discussed to death. His story is now concluded. He isn't fast, strong or very athletic. He is just a non-entity out there.

3.) Sharko. He isn't bright enough to get it. He never will.

4.) Cam. Worthless forever.

5.) Dri Archer. I had high hopes for him. But even while getting pet treatment he has never shown anything. Todd's experiment is fail.

6.) Mike Mitchell. He's just a tad better than last year, but he's never going to break out and become much of anything.

Those who remain underrated

1. Willie Gay.

2. Beachum.

3. Gilbert (can't believe this one).

4. Blake.

5. D. Williams. Only 2 touches all game?

6. Timmons.

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Re: Players who won't improve

Ok, Let's blame Vick when it's on him that actually loses a game for us! He's a BACKUP for a reason! Jarvis, Dri, Cam Thomas and Shamarko? Can't argue there. Mitchell, I'm willing to give more time, he's shown bit of improvement.

However Blake undertated LOL!!! In what way? Due to his ability to make a HARD TACKLE? I thought he was a CORNER! What play has he made ON THE BALL this year? I've yet to see ANY!!! He's quite the opposite! Being he's a starter makes him wildly OVERRATED!!! A corner with no coverage or ball skills that hits hard!!!

LOL...It's laughable he starts over Boykin. It's like an April fools joke that never ends!
    If Blake wanted to start at LINEBACKER someone should have told him to try out for the position.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

You can add Cortez Allen & Mike Adams to the list. Both head cases imo. I've heard in the past of these two having confidences issues, what a crock. I'd trade both of them if anyone would take them. Reflect a bit on what Sean Spence was up against if you want to talk confidence being an issue.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The only one I disagree with is Vick. If Vick does as shitty next week, then he deserves to be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The only one I disagree with is Vick. If Vick does as shitty next week, then he deserves to be on the list.

Agreed.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    I know this is a message board, and that means it's here for us to discuss stuff relative to the board's stated subjects.

That being said, there are some players who are not likely to get any better than they have shown, and hence, don't even need discussed. (I know that the nature of message boards is to debate and discuss, and I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't want to chat on, just saying I think the following players' stories are now known.)

1.) Mike Vick. He is what he is. There isn't going to be any development over what we saw last night, and that is a QB who isn't wired to read defenses and/or find the open targets. He simply isn't capable of it, and, at his age, he never will be. As Charlie Casserly pointed out, Vick simply didn't see wide open targets, wasted time in the pocket and got sacked because he never saw wide open WRs. Also, Bell was open on some plays that Vick just never saw. Ben would never miss most of these open targets. He also isn't about to get real accurate. Some of his passes will be on target, others will not be. This isn't going to change. When his physical skills were eye-popping, he could just take off and make plays with his blinding speed. He is still very fast, but not enough to compensate for his lack of vision, decision making and inaccurate arm. There is a reason he hasn't posted a winning record for a long time.

2.) Jarvis Jones. Discussed to death. His story is now concluded. He isn't fast, strong or very athletic. He is just a non-entity out there.

3.) Sharko. He isn't bright enough to get it. He never will.

4.) Cam. Worthless forever.

5.) Dri Archer. I had high hopes for him. But even while getting pet treatment he has never shown anything. Todd's experiment is fail.

6.) Mike Mitchell. He's just a tad better than last year, but he's never going to break out and become much of anything.

Those who remain underrated

1. Willie Gay.

2. Beachum.

3. Gilbert (can't believe this one).

4. Blake.

5. D. Williams. Only 2 touches all game?

6. Timmons.
    I agree with every single thing you said except I;m seeing a little more improvement in Mitchell this year than you are.

But other than that, exceptional post!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Blake is not underrated, IMO. He misses far too many tackles and his coverage skills are lacking.
    Hater = Realist

Member Array title="CaSteel is an unknown quantity at this point">

The fact is Vick is a backup (not a 2nd string) and he didn't turn the ball over which was a huge bonus that being said he is horribly inaccurate. Honestly the Steelers should use a 2nd round draft pick on a QB in the upcoming draft, it's better than drafting another LB. The Steelers have great weapons on offense that will be potent for years barring injury and Ben after 11 seasons holds the ball forever and puts himself in harms way when playing the way he does.Ben is easily Top 3 in the NFL but is injured often and the Steelers need to address this issue differently than other NFL teams

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by StillCurtains View Post
    Ok, Let's blame Vick when it's on him that actually loses a game for us! He's a BACKUP for a reason!
    You mean like when he pulls a fart out and throws a lousy, should-have-been-easy pass on 4th down that ends up losing the game, at home, on prime time, national TV, against our arch rival? Oh wait, he did that already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I agree with every single thing you said except I;m seeing a little more improvement in Mitchell this year than you are.

But other than that, exceptional post!
    I have seen some improvement in MM, to be fair. And we will see if he offers continued improvement. I guess some of what I am basing my criticism on is his dumb antics and the fact that he was supposed to be a guy who would make splash plays, such as picks and sacks. I haven't seen any of that sort of thing.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You mean like when he pulls a fart out and throws a lousy, should-have-been-easy pass on 4th down that ends up losing the game, at home, on prime time, national TV, against our arch rival? Oh wait, he did that already.

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen some improvement in MM, to be fair. And we will see if he offers continued improvement. I guess some of what I am basing my criticism on is his dumb antics and the fact that he was supposed to be a guy who would make splash plays, such as picks and sacks. I haven't seen any of that sort of thing.
    Solid list. And Mike Mitchell is an ass. And a bad player. And he was a stupid signing. And I can't wait until the Steelers cut him.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Solid list. And Mike Mitchell is an ass. And a bad player. And he was a stupid signing. And I can't wait until the Steelers cut him.
    Th big problem is if the Steelers replace Mitchell who do they get? Tomlin can't evaluate DB talent. I wish Tomlin would look for solid, all-around football players rather than players who might make a splash play once every 5 games.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That's the "standard"

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhh Yeah, Once again BACKUP QUARTERBACK, NO CAMP, 3 DAYS TO PREPARE!!! Oh I almost forgot, ALL PASSES QB's throw are SUPPOSED to be ALWAYS ACCURATE and ALWAYS COMPLETE and also so called EAZY AND DIFFICULT THROWS!!!

Wow, I must have been missing something all these years! The guy to blame is simply SCOBEE!!! Not one but 2 missed FG's. Against New England, not one but 2 missed FG's. Against San Francisco a missed extra point! He is to blame period.

It's nice to know that we hold such a HIGH STANDARD to our BACKUP QB, but our STARTING WR gets a pass for a DROPPED TD PASS? Yeah AB is great and comes through time and again. He's our STARTING WR and can't make EVERY PLAY so if that is the case why would you make the standard HIGHER for a BACKUP than a STARTER? Makes no sense and shows you don't like him.

In the first half, VICK makes the good pass to BROWN for the TD and BROWN drops it. If Brown makes the play, then we lead 20-7 at the half instead of 13-7. Then with what happened in the second half with the turnovers, we got another TD out of it and now it's 27-7. We would have totaled 27 points and had the win, EVEN WITH, a missed FG by Scobee which would have been a potential 30 points.

Even with that 1 FG miss, there would have been no reason for Scobee to kick a second because Brown's TD would have given us enough points to cover. But oh I forgot... The loss was VICKS FAULT! It's a shame that CAPS have to be used for you to see the OBVIOUS!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Uhhh Yeah, Once again BACKUP QUARTERBACK, NO CAMP, 3 DAYS TO PREPARE!!! Oh I almost forgot, ALL PASSES QB's throw are SUPPOSED to be ALWAYS ACCURATE and ALWAYS COMPLETE and also so called EAZY AND DIFFICULT THROWS!!!

Wow, I must have been missing something all these years! The guy to blame is simply SCOBEE!!! Not one but 2 missed FG's. Against New England, not one but 2 missed FG's. Against San Francisco a missed extra point! He is to blame period.

It's nice to know that we hold such a HIGH STANDARD to our BACKUP QB, but our STARTING WR gets a pass for a DROPPED TD PASS? Yeah AB is great and comes through time and again. He's our STARTING WR and can't make EVERY PLAY so if that is the case why would you make the standard HIGHER for a BACKUP than a STARTER? Makes no sense and shows you don't like him.

In the first half, VICK makes the good pass to BROWN for the TD and BROWN drops it. If Brown makes the play, then we lead 20-7 at the half instead of 13-7. Then with what happened in the second half with the turnovers, we got another TD out of it and now it's 27-7. We would have totaled 27 points and had the win, EVEN WITH, a missed FG by Scobee which would have been a potential 30 points.

Even with that 1 FG miss, there would have been no reason for Scobee to kick a second because Brown's TD would have given us enough points to cover. But oh I forgot... The loss was VICKS FAULT! It's a shame that CAPS have to be used for you to see the OBVIOUS!
    Big Ben as a rookie had to go into the second game of the season to replace an injured Tommy Maddox. He looked like a pro qb. He came back to start his first NFL game a week later in post hurricane Miami. The wind was gusting over 50 mph throughout the game. Ben made plays at the end of the game to win. Again he was a rookie.

Last year Teddy Bridgewater, a 2nd round pick was made the Vikings starter going into week 3 to replace an ineffective Matt Cassell. It was evident pretty early that he belonged.

Former NFL qb Kurt Warner has stated as well as other former NFL qb's that all NFL playbooks contain the same basic plays and principles. It's just the language is slightly different, so that the OC can believe that he reinvented the wheel.

So I don't see why an NFL veteran of over 10 seasons who has been on the team for over 5 weeks has to have the offense "dumbed down" to virtual high school level? I don't see why an NFL veteran of over ten seasons spent much of the night looking as though he was a teenage girl the first time behind the wheel of a car on a busy interstate?

Look we all want this to work. And yes he wasn't as terrible as some feared. The turnovers thankfully didn't happen. But 2-15 converting 3rd and 4th downs. 33 passing yards from the start of the second half to the end of OT.(Browns drop occured in the first half) Less than 100 net passing yards (against a shit secondary) for a team with the weapons to produce that in a quarter isn't even NFL back up standards. The Ravens tried to give us that game. We couldn't take it.

Ok now find me the post where anyone says Mike Vick was exclusively to blame. It doesn't exist. No one is even saying he was primarily to blame. We all know Scobee was villain number one. Most place the next most blame on Tomlin and or Haley. ( I don't) the crappy tackling, Cam Thomas etc...

But this one is history. We don't get a do over. So it really doesn't matter anymore about Scobee. Tomlin and Haley are mostly known quantities. While they might piss us off we know they can do the job. (or at least most of us do ) But what we (me anyway) saw from Vick wasn't encouraging. I'm not buying the new to the system excuse for reasons already cited on this post. I honestly thought he had more game left. I thought his being unemployed was some sort of aberration that came about due to his age, personal history, and just bad luck. But what I saw the other night has me scared that the rest of the league had it right. That Vick is washed up physically, and mentally he is so below the line that he's not one of the league's top 75 qb's. Which if that's the case we're in for a pretty rocky ride until Ben returns.

I hope I'm wrong. He gets some much needed time to work things out between now and the kickoff in San Diego. He needs to function at a much higher level in every aspect of qb play starting next week. We really want to see that! Every single one of us. I promise.

My man,

YOU have been all over this board claiming it was on Vick from the 4th down pass! What does it matter that Brown's drop was in the FIRST HALF or SECOND HALF? That doesn't even make any sense and PROVES you're reaching for straws! It would have been a TOUCHDOWN!!! That would have given us 27 points total for the game, plus more to the yardage you're complaining about Vick having.

Add to the fact that it would have given VICK not only more yardage but 2 TOUCHDOWN PASSES to no interceptions!!! So I know THAT was Vick's fault too! He threw the pass, ran down field to catch up to it, then he dropped it! There fixed it for you!

Who is held up to a higher standard to make a play a BACKUP or a STARTER? Answer that!!!
    That's why BACKUPS are BACKUPS and STARTERS are STARTERS!!!

You compare this to Ben's rookie season? Dude you're hilarious!! LOL!!! First off, Ben was the backup in was there all of camp and so was Bridgewater... Vick was not! Second backups get reps in camp to learn the playbook. Again, Vick was not there. Third, when Ben came in during week 2, the game was out of reach and he also didn't win it!

4th, Rookie Ben had a veteran group of players around him in Faneca, Hartings, Marvel Smith, Bettis, Staley, Ward, Burress and Randle El. Fifth, the playbook WAS scaled down for Ben, using a strong running game with 17 to 21 pass attempts per game! Lastly Rookie Ben was playing behind the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN FOOTBALL IN 2004! Vick IS NOT!!! You think THAT DEFENSE was going to give up almost 200 yards rushing?

If that's what Vick had that game would have been over a LONG time ago!
    YOU NEED MORE????

Why don't you just stop and go away and start a I HATE VICK THREAD!!!!

Ben is out of the ordinary special. You can't compare him to Vick.

My man,

YOU have been all over this board claiming it was on Vick from the 4th down pass! What does it matter that Brown's drop was in the FIRST HALF or SECOND HALF? That doesn't even make any sense and PROVES you're reaching for straws! It would have been a TOUCHDOWN!!! That would have given us 27 points total for the game, plus more to the yardage you're complaining about Vick having.

Add to the fact that it would have given VICK not only more yardage but 2 TOUCHDOWN PASSES to no interceptions!!! So I know THAT was Vick's fault too! He threw the pass, ran down field to catch up to it, then he dropped it! There fixed it for you!

Who is held up to a higher standard to make a play a BACKUP or a STARTER? Answer that!!!
    That's why BACKUPS are BACKUPS and STARTERS are STARTERS!!!

You compare this to Ben's rookie season? Dude you're hilarious!! LOL!!! First off, Ben was the backup in was there all of camp and so was Bridgewater... Vick was not! Second backups get reps in camp to learn the playbook. Again, Vick was not there. Third, when Ben came in during week 2, the game was out of reach and he also didn't win it!

4th, Rookie Ben had a veteran group of players around him in Faneca, Hartings, Marvel Smith, Bettis, Staley, Ward, Burress and Randle El. Fifth, the playbook WAS scaled down for Ben, using a strong running game with 17 to 21 pass attempts per game! Lastly Rookie Ben was playing behind the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN FOOTBALL IN 2004! Vick IS NOT!!! You think THAT DEFENSE was going to give up almost 200 yards rushing?

If that's what Vick had that game would have been over a LONG time ago!
    YOU NEED MORE????

Why don't you just stop and go away and start a I HATE VICK THREAD!!!!
    I wont waste key strokes addressing you again. Bye now.

Ignore is such a nice option. Why address an idiot when you don't have to?

Ben is out of the ordinary special. You can't compare him to Vick.

I really didn't. I compared a 14 year veterans ability to have a functioning knowledge of an offense after over 5 weeks with a team to that of a rookie thrust into action in the seasons second game. I suppose you missed the part where I made a similar comparison to Teddy Bridgewater coming in and playing at a reasonably high level 3 games into his NFL career?

Look you might have saw a stepping stone to greatness last Thursday. I didn't. I don't see Vick being so much as a 3rd stringer at this point of his career. I had hoped to see some encouraging signs that his game could elevate in our offense. I think it's stretching it to say that was the case. but apparently that's not an opinion I'm allowed to have for some reason?

I really didn't. I compared a 14 year veterans ability to have a functioning knowledge of an offense after over 5 weeks with a team to a rookie thrust into action in the seasons second game. I suppose you missed the part where I made a similar comparison to Teddy Bridgewater coming in and playing at a reasonably high level 3 games into his NFL career?

Look you might have saw a stepping stone to greatness last Thursday. I didn't. I don't see Vick being so much as a 3rd stringer at this point of his career. I had hoped to see some encouraging signs that his game could elevate in our offense. I think it's stretching it to say that was the case. but apparently that's not an opinion I'm allowed to have for some reason?
    Oh yeah and I forget apparently one dropped pass is a get out of jail free card from that play on.Now I'm not sure if that extends into the rest of the season? I mean you know no qb has ever recovered from that sort of adversity before. Once that end zone pass is dropped you can average 3 yards per pass attempt for the next 40 minutes of play and it's totally understandable.

Big Ben as a rookie had to go into the second game of the season to replace an injured Tommy Maddox. He looked like a pro qb. He came back to start his first NFL game a week later in post hurricane Miami. The wind was gusting over 50 mph throughout the game. Ben made plays at the end of the game to win. Again he was a rookie.

Last year Teddy Bridgewater, a 2nd round pick was made the Vikings starter going into week 3 to replace an ineffective Matt Cassell. It was evident pretty early that he belonged.

Former NFL qb Kurt Warner has stated as well as other former NFL qb's that all NFL playbooks contain the same basic plays and principles. It's just the language is slightly different, so that the OC can believe that he reinvented the wheel.

So I don't see why an NFL veteran of over 10 seasons who has been on the team for over 5 weeks has to have the offense "dumbed down" to virtual high school level? I don't see why an NFL veteran of over ten seasons spent much of the night looking as though he was a teenage girl the first time behind the wheel of a car on a busy interstate?

Look we all want this to work. And yes he wasn't as terrible as some feared. The turnovers thankfully didn't happen. But 2-15 converting 3rd and 4th downs. 33 passing yards from the start of the second half to the end of OT.(Browns drop occured in the first half) Less than 100 net passing yards (against a shit secondary) for a team with the weapons to produce that in a quarter isn't even NFL back up standards. The Ravens tried to give us that game. We couldn't take it.

Ok now find me the post where anyone says Mike Vick was exclusively to blame. It doesn't exist. No one is even saying he was primarily to blame. We all know Scobee was villain number one. Most place the next most blame on Tomlin and or Haley. ( I don't) the crappy tackling, Cam Thomas etc...

But this one is history. We don't get a do over. So it really doesn't matter anymore about Scobee. Tomlin and Haley are mostly known quantities. While they might piss us off we know they can do the job. (or at least most of us do ) But what we (me anyway) saw from Vick wasn't encouraging. I'm not buying the new to the system excuse for reasons already cited on this post. I honestly thought he had more game left. I thought his being unemployed was some sort of aberration that came about due to his age, personal history, and just bad luck. But what I saw the other night has me scared that the rest of the league had it right. That Vick is washed up physically, and mentally he is so below the line that he's not one of the league's top 75 qb's. Which if that's the case we're in for a pretty rocky ride until Ben returns.

I hope I'm wrong. He gets some much needed time to work things out between now and the kickoff in San Diego. He needs to function at a much higher level in every aspect of qb play starting next week. We really want to see that! Every single one of us. I promise.
    Read my latest post that is right below yours! Here's another tidbit... Pittsburgh was a combined 1-5 coming into the game vs Baltimore without Ben! So how did your other GREAT BACKUP QUARTERBACKS FAIR?

Also, Was Vick not a Pro Bowl starting QB in Atlanta? Did he not lead them to playoff appearances while there?
    Did he not upset Green Bay in Green Bay in the playoffs which was their first loss there in ages?
    Did he not lose a close playoff game to Green Bay the eventual World Champs in the playoffs with Philly?
    Are the Steelers not 0-2-1 vs Vick Lifetime?
    No he's not elite now and is a backup.

Case closed, find someone else to blame

Ignore is such a nice option. Why address an idiot when you don't have to?
    OH COME ON!!!

No need for name calling is there?
    As far as Bridgewater being so CLEAR, did you see who was starting ahead of him last year?
    Did they have any choice but to start him?
    Also, Did you take a look at his numbers?
    Did you see their record last year?
    Did he get his team to the playoffs?

Oh that's right he didn't
    As far as you responding, you have two choices, you admit your arguements are ridiculous or you ignore as you said. You chose to because you have no credible arguements or facts.
    So if that is your choice so be it, however I won't call you an idiot like you did me, but pouting, name calling, and going away with your ball because you have no credible dispute sure makes you look like one.

Oh yeah and I forget apparently one dropped pass is a get out of jail free card from that play on.Now I'm not sure if that extends into the rest of the season? I mean you know no qb has ever recovered from that sort of adversity before. Once that end zone pass is dropped you can average 3 yards per pass attempt for the next 40 minutes of play and it's totally understandable.
    I get it Dude, so if Brown drops it at THE END of the game that makes it different huh? LOL... You should SERIOUSLY do stand up! I really didn't see Ben lighting it up against St. Louis last week either! How many passing yards did he have? Didn't he have a pick? How many points did Ben lead them to? Oh nine... Didn't Seattle hang 31 points on them? Didn't Washington hang 27 on them?

Why didn't the Ben led Steelers! The way I seen it (Bleep) happens!

I really didn't. I compared a 14 year veterans ability to have a functioning knowledge of an offense after over 5 weeks with a team to that of a rookie thrust into action in the seasons second game. I suppose you missed the part where I made a similar comparison to Teddy Bridgewater coming in and playing at a reasonably high level 3 games into his NFL career?

I get the comparison and even so, you can't compare it to Ben. Sure you can compare it to Bridgewater, but Teddy was with the team much longer than Vick was. You could be 100% accurate on Vick but based on the portfolio of information you are going off of at this stage of the game is wrong. If he has a similar game against San Diego, then you are on to something but as of now, he produced like a back up QB produces. He's not the one that lost the game. There are quite a few names ahead of him on that list. He managed the game the best he could on "short notice".

And Bridgewaters numbers weren't that great when he came into the game...I think he had one game over 300 yards and something like 1 TD and 5-6 INTs in 4 games? Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

You're entitled to an opinion...I just happen to be of the opinion that your opinion is a bit premature. I think you are looking for a starter and Vick isn't a starter...

I get the comparison and even so, you can't compare it to Ben. Sure you can compare it to Bridgewater, but Teddy was with the team much longer than Vick was. You could be 100% accurate on Vick but based on the portfolio of information you are going off of at this stage of the game is wrong. If he has a similar game against San Diego, then you are on to something but as of now, he produced like a back up QB produces. He's not the one that lost the game. There are quite a few names ahead of him on that list. He managed the game the best he could on "short notice".

And Bridgewaters numbers weren't that great when he came into the game...I think he had one game over 300 yards and something like 1 TD and 5-6 INTs in 4 games? Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

You're entitled to an opinion...I just happen to be of the opinion that your opinion is a bit premature. I think you are looking for a starter and Vick isn't a starter...
    I was hoping for a back up somewhere along the quality of Byron Leftwich. Until he would invariably trip over the sideline chalk and break an ankle. Which usually was within 5 minutes of the opening kickoff either before or after.

I'm not expecting great. But I was hoping for better. I just didn't see much to suggest that he will get our offense to a 75%+ efficiency level. Which is the arbitrary number I am imposing for what it most likely will take for the team to go .500 or better in Ben's absence.

BINGO, he's not a STARTER. I've tried to get that through his head a thousand times.
    He fails to hold at LEAST the SAME standard to a STARTING WR dropping a TD pass in comparison to a BACKUP QB missing a 4th down pass and not playing like Ben on 3 days preparation.

It's like switching from a Samsung to an iphone and having it mastered in 3 days time.

I was hoping for a back up somewhere along the quality of Byron Leftwich. Until he would invariably trip over the sideline chalk and break an ankle. Which usually was within 5 minutes of the opening kickoff either before or after.

I'm not expecting great. But I was hoping for better. I just didn't see much to suggest that he will get our offense to a 75%+ efficiency level. Which is the arbitrary number I am imposing for what it most likely will take for the team to go .500 or better in Ben's absence.
    Dude I feel you, but just take into account that he's a backup that's all! We haven't had luck with those guys at all without Ben! 1-5 going into the game. All I'm trying to say that ENOUGH was done by him to win with little preparation. He also helped us out with his legs too!

If he throws 3 picks and has 2 fumbles next week then I wo't have anything to say if he costs us!
    Well maybe just... damn, damn, damn! But all I'm saying is that this week he wasn't the culprit.

He should be 1-0 at this stage if it weren't for some questionable coaching calls and some missed field goals. Nothing he did...this time...

San Diego could be a different story...and I'm expecting a couple turnovers will be on the table is time around.

He should be 1-0 at this stage if it weren't for some questionable coaching calls and some missed field goals. Nothing he did...this time...

San Diego could be a different story...and I'm expecting a couple turnovers will be on the table is time around.
    I can't argue with that.

We're mostly all Steeler fans here. I would like nothing more than Vick to put me in my place. I don't know of anyone that would not want him to have anything but success subbing for Ben.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Well we always have Landry Jones to fall back on.