Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Scooby

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Cut Scooby

This guy is absolutely terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Re: Cut Scooby

Yes, but who do you bring in?

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

You will get no argument from me. I'm guessing he has no confidence in himself, his teammates have no confidence in him, and the coaches also probably have no confidence in him.

Senior Member Array title="zoneblitzerII will become famous soon enough">

I would cut his leg off. He's fucking putrid and done.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

he must be cut. bring in some kickers over the weekend.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

What's the return policy in Jacksonville? Dri Archer had a nice run back, maybe they'll take him and Scooby?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Too late....

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Since we dont play for another week and a half id say at least bring some kickers in...hell if ben didnt have a bum knee id let him kick...lol

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Ben=qb/k, bet he could do it

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Go for 2 after every TD.

4th down outside of the 35: punt.
    4th down inside of the 35: go for it.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Go for 2 after every TD.

4th down outside of the 35: punt.
    4th down inside of the 35: go for it.
    With Vick? Uh-uh. The rest is spot-on, however.

Unfortunately, along with giving up a draft pick for the schlub, they're also giving him something like $3.5 million this season. Not sure they really can cut him.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Unfortunately, along with giving up a draft pick for the schlub, they're also giving him something like $3.5 million this season. Not sure they really can cut him.
    Bell on every 2-point conversion.

Ugh

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I didn't get to watch the game until about 2 hours late, but if they didn't cut this guy during the post-game press conference, they're seriously fucked up.

Of all the things that could've happened against the Ravens, we don't get burned by a 40-yard moonball pass interference, we don't get killed by the lumbering white tight end, but we lose the game because of the fucking kicker. That guy can go straight to hell.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Peg leg needs a kick in the butt. He is burnt toast.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I thought after week one we had to cut Scobee. Would've liked to sign Dustin Hopkins in the first place. Now we can bring about everyone in as kicker, Kai Forbath, Connor Barth, Jay Feely, Randy Bullock are out there and they can't possibly be worse than Mr. Scooby.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Jacksonville really got it over on the Steelers...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

We might be 4-0 with a decent kicker.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Is this guy still on the roster???

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Look what SnoopDog has to say to Scooby.

https://instagram.com/p/8UeP5WP9Gq/
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I don't know if they can afford to cut him? They're responsible for paying 3 kickers as it is. They have five million already tied up in a position most teams don't invest a million in. Plus not much out there. Maybe someone is out there that's better than Scobbee has been. But there's still a chance this guy can turn things around. If he does he has aproven pedigree as a top kicker. Plus the depth of his kickoffs have really helped turn a weakness into a strength.

So this is what I do if possible. I audition kickers and put the winner on the practice squad. Then I tell Scobee he's week to week. He has to start making fg's or else it's over. But I don't pull the plug just yet.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Josh Scobee, Shaun Suisham and Garrett Hartley cost the Steelers a shade over $5M against the cap in 2015, the highest cap hit for kickers of any team this season. The team's converted just 65 percent of possible kicking points this season, ranking 30th in the NFL.
    Just crazy.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I don't know if they can afford to cut him? They're responsible for paying 3 kickers as it is. They have five million already tied up in a position most teams don't invest a million in. Plus not much out there. Maybe someone is out there that's better than Scobbee has been. But there's still a chance this guy can turn things around. If he does he has aproven pedigree as a top kicker. Plus the depth of his kickoffs have really helped turn a weakness into a strength.

So this is what I do if possible. I audition kickers and put the winner on the practice squad. Then I tell Scobee he's week to week. He has to start making fg's or else it's over. But I don't pull the plug just yet.
    You are joking right? You want to cut Vick (who did exactly what he needed to do for us, not lose the game) but keep the guy responsible for both our losses? Unbelievable! Look, Vick is not a starting QB in the league, we needed him to take care of the ball and be efficient to win this game (which he did), we needed everyone else step up their game and help our BACKUP QB win. What happens? Scobee misses 2 FG's (50% would have won the game). Brown drops a TD that hits him in his hands (again would have won the game). The coaches lose their minds and run Vick to the SHORT side of the field on 4th and 2 (which a 1st down would have won the game). Cut Scobee and let the rest of the team know they lost this game along with the coaching in the last 2m + OT. I don't care what it will cost to sign another kicker, Scobee is absolutely worthless and if he is still on this team after today I have lost total confidence in the management of this team.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    You are joking right? You want to cut Vick (who did exactly what he needed to do for us, not lose the game) but keep the guy responsible for both our losses? Unbelievable! Look, Vick is not a starting QB in the league, we needed him to take care of the ball and be efficient to win this game (which he did), we needed everyone else step up their game and help our BACKUP QB win. What happens? Scobee misses 2 FG's (50% would have won the game). Brown drops a TD that hits him in his hands (again would have won the game). The coaches lose their minds and run Vick to the SHORT side of the field on 4th and 2 (which a 1st down would have won the game). Cut Scobee and let the rest of the team know they lost this game along with the coaching in the last 2m + OT. I don't care what it will cost to sign another kicker, Scobee is absolutely worthless and if he is still on this team after today I have lost total confidence in the management of this team.
    So then you'll be paying 4 placekickers for the season with no guarantee you improved the position. And if it turns out you sign a guy who can't get a kickoff into the end zone you could also take a major step back in that area.

So am I happy with Scobee? Hell no. I want to throw him in the Allegheny with bowling balls tied to his kicking leg. But the fact of the matter is they might end up being forced to keep him and hope for the best. Because the option of paying 4 kickers for the season and the position still being in a state of flux doesn't exactly appeal to me either.

Therefore I wont be surprised nor will I be upset if they keep Josh and give him one last chance to turn his season around. Now of course if they do cut him I can't afgue with that either.

I think at the moment it's more likely they keep him than cut him. But if so it will be on a very short leash.

In the end neither of our opinions matter though. They're the ones that have to figure it out. And right now there is no great answer. Keeping him or cutting him both come with great risk.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Simple. Just cut him and refuse to pay him. Or put him on the Inactive/Killed list.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

I don't know, I'm very conflicted on this situation.

Remember when we all wanted to cut Suisham? And he was solid for us the next season and going forward.

Remember when Mason Crosby had that one atrocious season? And he was solid for the Packers the next season and going forward.

This could be Scobee's one stinker year.

There's plenty of cap space.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He should not receive his game check. We said it here that the Steelers should have picked up the K from Denver who wasn't signed.
    All Defense!