Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 - Game 4 - Baltimore Ravens - October 1 - CBS/NFL Network

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2015 - Game 4 - Baltimore Ravens - October 1 - CBS/NFL Network

After squeaking out a 12-6 win in St. Louis versus the Rams, the Steelers lift their record to 2-1 on the season and head home to face the much hated Baltimore Ravens. More concerning than the Ravens, right now, is the injury to Ben Roethlisberger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2015 - Game 4 - Baltimore Ravens - October 1 - CBS/NFL Network

Flacco vs Vick....

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

How do the Ravens always get to play us when Ben is out?

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Instant loss with Ben out.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Baltimore keeps lucking out

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Baltimore coming in to the game at 0-3...they're going to be hungry for a win too...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Yup, but Heinz should be rocking. Bettis tribute as well, before the game.

Gotta hope Vick can put up about 28 points.

I don't have that much hope that Vick can do that. Hopefully the O-Line can get a push and Bell and Brown can win this one in Bens absence.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

How have the raven's defense against the rush been? If we get a win here, it's going to have to be on the shoulders of bell and our defense. I hope Vick doesn't try to do too much and cost us turnovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Vick got hit twice while he had the ball...dropped it both times...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    How do the Ravens always get to play us when Ben is out?
    The answer is obvious. Ben's just a big drama queen who doesn't like to play against the Ravens.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    How have the raven's defense against the rush been?
    Exactly. It's not like they have Ngata clogging up the middle anymore.

Oh, and note to Haley: it's OK to run it off tackle once in a while rather than up the gut.

Cody Wallace beating up Nick Fairley pretty good this time...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I don't know what his assignments were, but I found he was releasing his blocks too quickly. He engaged and then let go and then went to find someone else, while his guy made the play. If he would have kept his block longer, the plays would have gone better.

I would think that would be something they would adjust on the fly...no?

I would think that would be something they would adjust on the fly...no?
    I would hope. I think for the first time you could say that Munchak got out coached. Fisher knew Munchak's tendencies and took advantage. I mean Beachum 2 holding penalties, but he was clean in the 2nd half. Wallace released some blocks early. Even DeCastro got beat on 1 sack.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The OL as a whole didn't play well. Obviously this is probably the best DL we'll see all season but it still doesn't excuse the poor performance. They've got to play better.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Part of the problem was the QB not adjusting to quick passing when the Rams' defense started getting penetration. We were talking about going no huddle to get them off balance and hopefully gas them just before the injury occurred.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Part of the problem was the QB not adjusting to quick passing when the Rams' defense started getting penetration. We were talking about going no huddle to get them off balance and hopefully gas them just before the injury occurred.
    Agree. They were going with the quick passes when the game started and then when the pressure was on, the quick passes stopped and the sacks occurred. My main concern was with the running game though...there was little to no room for Bell to run. Was that all because the Rams D-Line is one of the best in the league or were there some breakdowns in assignments on the O-Line? I'm thinking probably a combination of both...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

If we get Shazier back, that would be a big boost. Someone in the Pittsburgh media tweeted that the sling was a "a new addition today". Possibly a smokescreen for a "game day decision" ?

It would be nice to keep it under covers before the Ravens game...

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Even though the game will be at home and it will be the bus' night, I don't see the Steelers winning. The Rvens are 0-3 for the first team in their team history. They are going to come to Pittsburgh desperate for a win. You add a good run defense and Ben isn't playing; I don't see this going in our favor. Baltimore - 27, Pittsburgh - 10.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bus could suit up and we could bring back the ghosts of the Steel Curtain and it would not make a difference in the final outcome.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Even though the game will be at home and it will be the bus' night, I don't see the Steelers winning. The Rvens are 0-3 for the first team in their team history. They are going to come to Pittsburgh desperate for a win. You add a good run defense and Ben isn't playing; I don't see this going in our favor. Baltimore - 27, Pittsburgh - 10.
    As long as Perriman doesn't start, the Ravens are pretty terrible. There should be enough on offense to keep this game competitive. On paper, even with Vick as the starter, the Steelers are a much better team...on the field...possibly a different story...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Just get a W. Style points don't matter.

Just survive through Ben's injury. Don't care if we win 3-2 or 41-40.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

As long as Perriman doesn't start, the Ravens are pretty terrible. There should be enough on offense to keep this game competitive. On paper, even with Vick as the starter, the Steelers are a much better team...on the field...possibly a different story...
    The more I think about, if our defense plays a good game, this could be a lot closer. I'm changing my score, but still giving Baltimore the win. Baltimore - 13, Pittsburgh - 10.

Ultimately, I think Baltimore wins as well...more so because they are in desperate need of a win. Even with Ben, I would've picked the Ravens.

But I can see the Steelers coming out on top in this match up if certain things happen, but I Think the Ravens squeak it outX

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Ultimately, I think Baltimore wins as well...more so because they are in desperate need of a win. Even with Ben, I would've picked the Ravens.

But I can see the Steelers coming out on top in this match up if certain things happen, but I Think the Ravens squeak it outX
    Yeah.... the Ravens would not win if Ben was playing. You're overrating them in that regard.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The ravens were desperate against the Raiders and the Bengals at home, but they lost

I would have liked a lot the chances of the Steelers with Ben

Desperate against Oakland and Cincinnati is totally different than desperate against Pittsburgh. We all know how these games go and how up here guys get for it.