Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 - Game 3 - @St. Louis Rams - September 27 - CBS

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2015 - Game 3 - @St. Louis Rams - September 27 - CBS

Two weeks in the books and the High Octane Pittsburgh Steelers are sitting at 1-1 after their 43-18 win versus the 49ers. Next up, on the road in St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2015 - Game 3 - @St. Louis Rams - September 27 - CBS

Roethlisberger vs Foles

The steelers will win!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Fisher vs. Tomlin...Rams win...lol.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Tomlin says nothing "substantial" for Shazier's injury. "Bumps and bruises".

Hope he is ok because he is clearly taking over as "playmaker" for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Fisher vs. Tomlin...Rams win...lol.
    Tomlin is 2-1 vs Fisher in his career!!!!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Getting Bell back! He and Williams are going to be a great 1-2 punch.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The Rams played like crap today but they always seem to play better at home.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Tomlin is 2-1 vs Fisher in his career!!!!
    Ture...but that's back when we thought Tomlin was competent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Getting Bell back! He and Williams are going to be a great 1-2 punch.
    Who's Bell?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers may be looking ahead on a short week coming up. Hopefully Bell will take the offense further, but hopefully D. Wil gets reps to take the load off of Bell

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Reminder, next game is in St. Louis. Going to be a close one.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Reminder, next game is in St. Louis. Going to be a close one.
    Rams cannot cover the run. We have the best running game in the NFL in a very long time. Hopefully, Tomlin and Haley do not try fitting a square peg in a round hole again to prove something. Just keep it simple and hand the ball off to Bell and Williams. Maybe even put Vick in for a few plays.

Right now the Skins are beating the Rams on the ground.
    All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Rams cannot cover the run. We have the best running game in the NFL in a very long time. Hopefully, Tomlin and Haley do not try fitting a square peg in a round hole again to prove something. Just keep it simple and hand the ball off to Bell and Williams. Maybe even put Vick in for a few plays.

Right now the Skins are beating the Rams on the ground.
    So, we may run the ball a total of 10 times? JK. With Bell back on the field, he will probably get at least 25 touches (combined rush and pass). Of course, Haley can pull one of his brain farts and run the ball on 13 straight plays. No, no, I mean pass the ball 13 straight times.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The rams will be tough in this game. They usually are competitive with upper tier teams

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The rams will be tough in this game. They usually are competitive with upper tier teams
    So good thing they are playing the 1-1 Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

`The Rams will be a tough out at home. If the Steelers have an offensive outburst even close to what they showed this week I'd be very impressed.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

The Rams can rush the passer, but send Williams around the edge and he will be gone. Play action pass by dumping it off to Bell as he squeezes out of the backfield. Or go double HBack and dump it off to Bell over the middle.
    All Defense!

The Rams D will probably be the best defense they've faced to date. Offensive wise, I'd think they are probably on par with the Niners...maybe a little less talented at the skill positions...although I'd take Foles over Krappernick.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    The Rams can rush the passer, but send Williams around the edge and he will be gone. Play action pass by dumping it off to Bell as he squeezes out of the backfield. Or go double HBack and dump it off to Bell over the middle.
    Look for a healthy dose of the bubble screen.

To be serious, it will be a challenge for the steelers offense, but I believe the steelers can move the ball against every teams in the nfl.The key will always be finishing the drive with a TD!

If the Steelers defense is not bad, I think the Steelers will win.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

I really enjoyed the way the Steelers' defense played against the 49ers. They were hitting! They were fired up! They Sackernicked Kaepernick! Not to mention, even if Gronk "went off" (I hate this expression) the Steelers held the mighty Pats to a measly and sorta ugly 28 points. The offense played very well in both games even if the points were not generated in New England. Josh Scoobee is not very good. I used to like him when he was in Jacksonville, down there he could hit 50+ easy. All of a sudden, he stinks. He missed an extra point against the 49ers, missed 2 FGs against the Pats (easy ones at that). Watching the postgame press conference, Roethlisberger said he was "calling almost all of the plays." This is what the Steelers need to do. Let Roethlisberger call everything for he is elite, the defense needs to hit people like they did against the 49ers. If this happens, then the Steelers will be competitive this year.

PS. How annoying would it be if on a short week, the Ravens get their first win... VS. Pittsburgh... in Pittsburgh... on Jerome Bettis day... at night... (The Steelers have that one easy... I hope).

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I really enjoyed the way the Steelers' defense played against the 49ers. They were hitting! They were fired up! They Sackernicked Kaepernick! Not to mention, even if Gronk "went off" (I hate this expression) the Steelers held the mighty Pats to a measly and sorta ugly 28 points. The offense played very well in both games even if the points were not generated in New England. Josh Scoobee is not very good. I used to like him when he was in Jacksonville, down there he could hit 50+ easy. All of a sudden, he stinks. He missed an extra point against the 49ers, missed 2 FGs against the Pats (easy ones at that). Watching the postgame press conference, Roethlisberger said he was "calling almost all of the plays." This is what the Steelers need to do. Let Roethlisberger call everything for he is elite, the defense needs to hit people like they did against the 49ers. If this happens, then the Steelers will be competitive this year.

PS. How annoying would it be if on a short week, the Ravens get their first win... VS. Pittsburgh... in Pittsburgh... on Jerome Bettis day... at night... (The Steelers have that one easy... I hope).
    Scobee doesn't stink. He's having some issues right now, possible with adjusting to a new holder, but he's still a good kicker. No one just all of the sudden forgets how to kick. I'm sure that he'll get it straightened out.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Scobee doesn't stink. He's having some issues right now, possible with adjusting to a new holder, but he's still a good kicker. No one just all of the sudden forgets how to kick. I'm sure that he'll get it straightened out.
    I tend to think this is the case as well. It might take a little time to get used to new snapper, new holder, new environment. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

I really like Josh Scobee. I hope he ends up doing well. I remember that he was my hero after he kicked 4 FGs and defeated the Ravens on Monday night in 2011 12-7.

Kinda feeling like this is going to be a "trap game" for Pittsburgh...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Kinda feeling like this is going to be a "trap game" for Pittsburgh...

No....The rams are not a bad team especially at home.They beat Seattle ...

Yeah but people are high on the Steelers going in to St. Louis and putting points up on the Rams. I think it may be a little low scoring and I think the Rams could pull out a victory here...regardless of how "bad" they were against Washington...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

My prediction after 4 games was 2-2. The losses coming from the Rams and Patriots. Hopefully I am wrong about the Rams' game.
    Hater = Realist

Ben needs to put them to sleep with short passes out of the backfield and run game. Then when the Rams least expect it, start torching their secondary with long passes and let the WRs make plays.
    All Defense!

I get to see the game! I have the CBS west feed available today. The east feed is Jacksonville at Pats*.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I get to see the game! I have the CBS west feed available today. The east feed is Jacksonville at Pats*.
    You'll get two games in 5-Days!!!!!