Thread: Corruption in Washington

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Corruption in Washington

If it seems like the government doesn't care what you think, that's probably because they don't.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Corruption in Washington

Money is power, not votes.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Trump has no donors and if he wins it puts congress and the senate on notice.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Trump has no donors and if he wins it puts congress and the senate on notice.
    And he, too will have a pen and a phone.

Not sure how that is going to work out.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    And he, too will have a pen and a phone.

Not sure how that is going to work out.
    That and he brags about the fact that he spent his career feeding into the corruption. Literally *brags* about it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I also doubt the Founding Fathers intended a Congressional seat to be a career. That's a BIG part of the problem too. They shouldn't be able to stay on Capitol Hill for 30, 40, 50 years or more.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Corruption in Washington??? Say it aint so.

I completely agree with Fansince'76.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I prefer someone like Trump who is honest about the sleaze and corruption...

as opposed to politicians who generally tell you what you want to hear and then turn around and fuck you in the ass.

Just sayin
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I prefer someone like Trump who is honest about the sleaze and corruption...

as opposed to politicians who generally tell you what you want to hear and then turn around and fuck you in the ass.

Just sayin
    Being honest about it is a good thing. Being proud of it... not so much. He has a team of people right now as you are reading this whose job is to buy politicians, so he's clearly not interested in ending corruption. Sure, he's *personally* immune to corruption, but he's not going to lift one finger to fight corruption anywhere else in Washington.