Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch Tom Brady Reset Play Clock

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Watch Tom Brady Reset Play Clock

Last edited by 86WARD; 09-12-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

Re: Watch Tom Brady Reset Play Clock

Good God! Seriously? they don't even hide the cheating anymore

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

"The Taperiots cheated??? I'm shocked!!!" said No One Ever.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

You know, not even surprised. And yet not a damn thing will be done about it.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

That is some pretty weak evidence. Let's see game footage with the play clock from the stadium. It could also be attributed to the NBC graphics and they had the wrong time on their clock.

I still have the game taped, so I may re watch it and see exactly what the circumstances were.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If that's real then there should be major fines and suspensions.
    All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Just rewatched the footage. There is definitely 55 seconds between plays. Gronk was called out of bounds, clock started at 40 seconds, went down to 10 and was reset to 25 with the Brady direction. Ball was snapped with 1 second left on the clock. Timmons batted down the pass.

Foxboro is an NFL Rules free zone, it appears.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Wow, that's just complete bullshit. Fuck the Cheatriots!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    That is some pretty weak evidence. Let's see game footage with the play clock from the stadium. It could also be attributed to the NBC graphics and they had the wrong time on their clock.

I still have the game taped, so I may re watch it and see exactly what the circumstances were.
    This would explain why the seemingly always lead the league in TOP.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Watch Tom Brady Reset Play Clock

This is what I was hoping. I was going to wait until I got home to check the tape but looks like you already did...one of the news outlets should run with this...lol. Was the ball reset before Brady called for it?
    Last edited by 86WARD; 09-12-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Member Array title="KillerBs is an unknown quantity at this point"> KillerBs's Avatar

Holy shit! This goes right along with the headset problem. If the NFL is responsible for what happened why didn't they stop the game to correct it out remove all headsets to make it equally fair for both teams instead of letting it go on for a whole quarter?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Junior Member Array title="HipKat is an unknown quantity at this point">

As a Bills f an, I've had to watch NE get away with murder twice a year for the last 13 seasons. Nothing here shocks us anymore.

Last night on the radio broadcast, the first quarter, Brady's first QB sneak, they said, they didn't think he got it. Then the ref signaled first down and Boomer Esaison said "It's in Foxboro, of course they gave it to him".

Goodell tried to do something about it, but got beat in court

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    "The Taperiots cheated??? I'm shocked!!!" said No One Ever.
    except for Taperiots fans in denial...

Cheatriots

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    As a Bills f an, I've had to watch NE get away with murder twice a year for the last 13 seasons. Nothing here shocks us anymore.

Last night on the radio broadcast, the first quarter, Brady's first QB sneak, they said, they didn't think he got it. Then the ref signaled first down and Boomer Esaison said "It's in Foxboro, of course they gave it to him".

Welcome to the board!

Hope you kick the crap out of them next week.

And as far as Goodell goes, no, he got smacked down when he tried to compensate for the slap on the wrist he gave them over Spygate when he should have nipped their BS in the bud and went Kenesaw Mountain Landis on their asses then. I can only hope the owners not named Kraft are finally getting tired of his incompetence.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

This is truly ironic. I vividly recall some Patriots fan simp whining on YouTube about the play clock being off (it wasn't - it was the network's game clock that was off) in the waning minutes of SB XLII against the Giants years ago. Douche got so many negative comments he finally yanked the video.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post

On that play, Brady's knee was down...I think we'll before he got to the line of scrimmage. I'd like to have seen a couple other angles of that to verify.

I had the game recording so I went back and watched and I totally agree and also wished there were more angles, but the game just went on and that was it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Welcome to the board!

Hope you kick the crap out of them next week.

And as far as Goodell goes, no, he got smacked down when he tried to compensate for the slap on the wrist he gave them over Spygate when he should have nipped their BS in the bud and went Kenesaw Mountain Landis on their asses then. I can only hope the owners not named Kraft are finally getting tired of his incompetence.
    Thanks. We split with them the last few seasons, but this is a completely different Bills team and a weaker Pats team AND it's in Buffalo. I'm hoping for a complete beat down!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    except for Taperiots fans in denial...

Is this the "Large rally" in support of Marsha** where 8 people showed up?

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    On that play, Brady's knee was down...I think we'll before he got to the line of scrimmage. I'd like to have seen a couple other angles of that to verify.
    I saw that as well but there was just no way to tell given the angle. Was really glad the team didn't challenge because there was no way in hell they overturn it.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Is this the "Large rally" in support of Marsha** where 8 people showed up?
    That's the same 8 people that protested Michael Vick's signing.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Just rewatched the footage. There is definitely 55 seconds between plays. Gronk was called out of bounds, clock started at 40 seconds, went down to 10 and was reset to 25 with the Brady direction. Ball was snapped with 1 second left on the clock. Timmons batted down the pass.

Foxboro is an NFL Rules free zone, it appears.
    So who exactly is Brady signaling too ? The Side Judge or the guy running the game clock ?

Which rule applies in this situation ? http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/...4.-game-timing
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    So who exactly is Brady signaling too ? The Side Judge or the guy running the game clock ?
    The guy from the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

Junior Member Array title="rusher150 is an unknown quantity at this point">

This was on the Gronkowski "catch" down the right sideline after he had stepped out of bounds. The ref made an announcement on the PA system, so it was an administrative stoppage and the usual 40 second play clock from the end of the previous play was replaced by a 25 second play clock after the ball was spotted.

You guys are aware there is a ref that specifically watches the play clock, right? Calling stuff out like this when you have no clue of the rules / what happened is a little embarrassing. I've been a Steelers fan for a long time but this is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post

Which rule applies in this situation ? http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/...4.-game-timing
    The game clock never runs between the incomplete pass and the next down. It is the 40 second play clock that gets reset. Only supposed to be 40 seconds between plays, this one was 55 seconds.

ARTICLE 1. 40-SECOND PLAY CLOCKIt is a delay of the game if the ball is not put in play by a snap within 40 seconds after the start of the play clock. The play clock operator shall time the interval between plays upon signals from game officials. The 40-second interval starts when a play ends, unless Article 2 below applies.
    ARTICLE 2. 25-SECOND PLAY CLOCK
    In the event of certain administrative stoppages or other delays, a team will have 25 seconds, beginning with the Referee’s whistle, to put the ball in play by a snap or a kick. Such stoppages include, but are not limited to:

1. a change of possession
    2. a charged team timeout
    3. the two-minute warning
    4. the expiration of a period
    5. a penalty enforcement
    6. a Try
    7. a Free Kick.

A 25-second interval will be used in these situations, even if the 40-second clock is already counting down.
    I can't see a legit reason for the 25 second interval to be used.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rusher150 View Post
    This was on the Gronkowski "catch" down the right sideline after he had stepped out of bounds. The ref made an announcement on the PA system, so it was an administrative stoppage and the usual 40 second play clock from the end of the previous play was replaced by a 25 second play clock after the ball was spotted.

You guys are aware there is a ref that specifically watches the play clock, right? Calling stuff out like this when you have no clue of the rules / what happened is a little embarrassing. I've been a Steelers fan for a long time but this is getting ridiculous.
    Sure you're a Steelers fan. That's why you joined this forum just so that you can post this.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by rusher150 View Post

Interesting...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Didn't sound like there was any announcement or whistle to me.

Honestly, there could be a perfectly good reason for it, something happening off-camera that you didn't see on TV. But if so, I think it deserves an official explanation. Because it sure looks sketchy as hell and would have to be a huge coincidence.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Interesting...

Good troll catch!

I don't know, he may even be right, but I despise people who misrepresent themselves. It's ok if he's a Patriot fan and came across this board saw something he believed to be wrong, and made his point. But when he obviously lied about being a "longtime Steeler fan" it puts everything he said into question.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Wow - 86WARD gets the Sleuth Badge for that one!