Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch Tom Brady Reset Play Clock

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Re: Watch Tom Brady Reset Play Clock

ROGLMAO !!

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    The guy from the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Nice catch 86Ward!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rusher150 View Post
    This was on the Gronkowski "catch" down the right sideline after he had stepped out of bounds. The ref made an announcement on the PA system, so it was an administrative stoppage and the usual 40 second play clock from the end of the previous play was replaced by a 25 second play clock after the ball was spotted.

You guys are aware there is a ref that specifically watches the play clock, right? Calling stuff out like this when you have no clue of the rules / what happened is a little embarrassing. I've been a Steelers fan for a long time but this is getting ridiculous.
    Really ? Do you really believe all Steeler (NFL fans for that matter) are educated on every single nuiance of the rule book ?

Not very realistic is it ? Thought not.

That's part of the beauty of Forums such as this one. The wealth of knowledge (which you yourself displayed) is priceless in helping other fans to get educated and more knowledgeable about the finer details that of the NFL rulebook.

For that, I am truly grateful for those that know more than me and are gracious enough to share their knowledge.

That's what makes being a "real" fan that much more enjoyable !

Oh and with your very first posting, you choose to come in hear and insult everyone ? You won't be around very long here acting like an arrogant dickhead.

Welcome to Board !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    Really ? Do you really believe all Steeler (NFL fans for that matter) are educated on every single nuiance of the rule book ?

Not very realistic is it ? Thought not.
    He certainly doesn't seem to think it's weak sauce to spread the same post verbatim all over the Internet like fertilizer under false pretenses.

I'd be willing to bet he wasn't aware of it either until he cribbed it off of whatever Pats board he hangs out at.

"Longtime Steelers fan."

Junior Member Array title="rusher150 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Interesting...

How is my copying and pasting something from another forum, which I also actively read, "trolling"? It was the valid response and explained it perfectly.

I have been an anon user of these forums for quite some time. I am just tired of people making excuses for the loss and not understanding the game. I'm not a pats fan and think they have done some shady shit in the past, but dear lord - the team has already moved on from the loss, it's probably about time you do as well.

I do not expect everyone to know every single nuance, but if you really think Tom Brady can just make a hand signal that causes the game clock to reset.... wow.

Oh, and for those wondering, the post came from reddit's NFL subreddit. I'm not the original poster of that quote, but with the conspiracy theorists in this forum, I'm sure your mind has already been made up on that one.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I'm sure your mind has already been made up on that one.
    Jared Fogle said something similar when his neighbors caught them alone in the basement with their children.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

A board full of conspiracy theorists? That's rich. You ought to go take a gander at patsfan.com over the last few months before Brady skated if you want to see conspiracy theorists. Made for some damn funny reading.

And as far as the game clock goes, I trust the network broadcast's game clock about as much as I trust the yellow line they draw to indicate where the first down marker is. A rough guide and really nothing more.

And as far as making excuses for the loss, I haven't seen too much of that here, really - check out the ongoing Fire Tomlin and Butler threads for proof of that. The Steelers left a ton of points out on the field by their own gaffes and miscues. People are just sick and tired of the shady shit the Pats pull (to use your quote) and Goodell largely turning a blind eye to it.

Outstanding - please continue to attempt to ridicule my posts after completely overlooking / ignoring my explanation. I'm guessing it's probably because it actually made sense, but of course, why admit your original assumption about this whole situation was silly when you can just continue on your attempts at belittling others?

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Well rusher150 you are either a pats fan that is scared to admit your team affiliation, or you came in and plagiarized someone else's comments as your own. Either way you slice it they are both slimy as just like the team you are defending. ***

Lets get real here, the main problem you have is the fact that those comments came from a what appears to be a patriots fan. If there was a steelers logo next to that guy's name, would you even be saying anything? Ask yourself that question.

This isn't some fuckin' medical journal I am submitting information to. It is a forum. Taking someone's comments which 1000% explain the situation in an attempt to show people here that they are blowing something out of proportion isn't "plagiarizing". What do you want to me do? Dumb it down even further? Here you go:

CLOCK NORMALLY HAS 40 SECONDS. MAN IN STRIPES MADE BIG SPEECH. OH LOOK! CLOCK RESET AFTER BALL SPOTTED.

I'm not defending anyone, genius - I even said the pats do shady shit.

I cannot believe some of you on this forum, which is why I finally registered in an attempt to explain something incredibly simple. The incompetence is staggering.

Lets get real here, the main problem you have is the fact that those comments came from a what appears to be a patriots fan.
    Yeah, that had something to do with it. So what? They also maintain the Patriots have never done anything shady. Ever. And you might want to check the incompetence stuff until you can come up with a cogent point of your own without cribbing it from somewhere else.

It was the absolute best explanation. I could not have written it better myself. Even if I did, it would have came out 98% the exact same way.

The patriots have obviously done shady things. No other team has consistent issues every few years except for Belichick. There is no debate there.

So now that we are apparently completely off of the main subject (since I copied a valid, un-opinionated explanation from a Pats fan) and all you are doing is attempting to criticize me for my source of information, I'm done here. It's good to see that none of you can come back and say "well, I guess that makes sense and we were making something out of nothing", but I suppose not. In the future, I will refrain from attempting to explain a totally valid situation and instead let you all blow up over misconceptions and false information. Have fun.

It's good to see that none of you can come back and say "well, I guess that makes sense and we were making something out of nothing", but I suppose not. In the future, I will refrain from attempting to explain a totally valid situation and instead let you all blow up over misconceptions and false information. Have fun.
    Uh, I basically said that in so many words here:

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    And as far as the game clock goes, I trust the network broadcast's game clock about as much as I trust the yellow line they draw to indicate where the first down marker is. A rough guide and really nothing more.
    But yeah, later.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

How is my copying and pasting something from another forum, which I also actively read, "trolling"? It was the valid response and explained it perfectly.
    You say you want to get real then you want me to pretend I didn't see a pats logo next to the poster's name. Your definition of real is as bad as your idea of plagiarism.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagiarism

1. an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author:

It does not matter if this is a forum or a medical journal what you did is plagiarism. Your original post did not give credit to the poster, I assume this is because you don't want us to know the team affiliation of the poster.

And for the record I am not the genius 86Ward is for ratting you out for being a low down coward.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

This was on the Gronkowski "catch" down the right sideline after he had stepped out of bounds. The ref made an announcement on the PA system, so it was an administrative stoppage and the usual 40 second play clock from the end of the previous play was replaced by a 25 second play clock after the ball was spotted.

You guys are aware there is a ref that specifically watches the play clock, right? Calling stuff out like this when you have no clue of the rules / what happened is a little embarrassing. I've been a Steelers fan for a long time but this is getting ridiculous.
    Sorry, that is not the sequence of events. The play was ruled out of bounds, the clock was reset to 40 seconds. At the 26 second mark, an announcement is made that it is 3rd down because the pass was out of bounds. The clock continues to run and is only reset at the 10 second mark when Brady gives the signal to the sideline. The clock is reset to 25 seconds and runs down to 1 second when they snap the ball. It is a pretty wild coincidence that at the exact same time that Brady is asking for the clock to be pushed back up, that the ref set the ball and wanted the clock reset to 25 seconds. It would not take 16 seconds from the time of the announcement for the refs to set the clock back to 25 seconds.

Really not a big deal, but it is only a deal because it is the friggin Cheatriots. Their legacy should be tarnished for all the cheating that they continue to do.

Junior Member Array title="Steel 36 Bus is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steel 36 Bus's Avatar

the Steelers D had alot of miscues not getting lined up. and looking around at each other with the what is the call gestures. and then letting cromag run wide open most of the game. it wasn't because of the BS going on with the headsets? no that can't be. the pattcake**** yahoos think their team never does anything to sabotage the opponents in that cesspool known as gillette stadium. and even though the nfl supplies the headsets the home team still has control over the feeds. anybody can buy a frequency jammer. and use it. the Steelers website said that when the nfl official would walk over to the pattcakes sideline all of a sudden the Steelers headset cleared up. and when they would come back over to the Steelers sideline it would broadcast their stupid radio broadcasts. that wasn't the sole reason we lost. but those headsets not being able to get the play call into the D in time. was responsible for some of the miscommunications that led to cromag scoring the walk in td and some of those other plays.

I said a few yrs ago. that bellyache didn't go to all of the trouble using the spygate setup they had for all of those yrs. without some sort of backup plan. eventually they will get caught again and hopefully then they will get taken care of and for good.

Member Array title="KillerBs is an unknown quantity at this point"> KillerBs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel 36 Bus View Post
    the Steelers D had alot of miscues not getting lined up. and looking around at each other with the what is the call gestures. and then letting cromag run wide open most of the game. it wasn't because of the BS going on with the headsets? no that can't be. the pattcake**** yahoos think their team never does anything to sabotage the opponents in that cesspool known as gillette stadium. and even though the nfl supplies the headsets the home team still has control over the feeds. anybody can buy a frequency jammer. and use it. the Steelers website said that when the nfl official would walk over to the pattcakes sideline all of a sudden the Steelers headset cleared up. and when they would come back over to the Steelers sideline it would broadcast their stupid radio broadcasts. that wasn't the sole reason we lost. but those headsets not being able to get the play call into the D in time. was responsible for some of the miscommunications that led to cromag scoring the walk in td and some of those other plays.

I said a few yrs ago. that bellyache didn't go to all of the trouble using the spygate setup they had for all of those yrs. without some sort of backup plan. eventually they will get caught again and hopefully then they will get taken care of and for good.
    That backup plan is savant Ernie Adams. Always has been....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Fact is: whenever something shady happens that benefits the New England Patriots for the rest of Bellichick's tenure, they're going to get called out on it and it's going to get called cheating. Maybe there was a real in-the-rules reason that the Patriots were given an extra 15 seconds to call a play, line up, and snap the ball. But the fact that Brady seemed to call for the play clock change makes it look awfully suspicious. And the Patriots have brought this on themselves with relentless cheating since Bellichick became head coach.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Similar situation in Buffalo-Indy game. Luck was calling for a reset to 25 seconds and there was an announcement on the PA, but no deal. Indy got flagged for a delay of game because the clock was not reset. Ho hum, officials know what is going on.

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Nice catch 86Ward!
    Yeah good one 86! As a real Steelers fan, there is no way I could go into a pats forum and claim to be a fan of theirs. That's something that Ajax can't wash off!
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Similar situation in Buffalo-Indy game. Luck was calling for a reset to 25 seconds and there was an announcement on the PA, but no deal. Indy got flagged for a delay of game because the clock was not reset. Ho hum, officials know what is going on.
    lol...those officials don't know the rules and the Bills clock operator won't go for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar