Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers remain confident in defense

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Steelers remain confident in defense

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Anyway, the Steelers do NOT have a good pass-rusher. The three most talented players on defense are: Shazier, Tuitt, & Heyward. Ergo, this defense will only be as good as those three are. If they have a good season, the defense will be "good enough"... but, Yes, without a pass-rusher, this defense will never be "good."
    Harrison can still get after it in spurts, but we do need new blood that can consistently get pressure.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    Mark my words, the Steelers running their mouth is going to bite them in the ass once the season starts. Mark my words.
    Lighten up Francis.

We all have concerns about the defense. I was being sarcastic, which I am most of the time. And Spence wasn't running his mouth. See FS76s post about the statement.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Lighten up Francis.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Mark my words, the Steelers running their mouth is going to bite them in the ass once the season starts. Mark my words.
    How? Is the other team going to fight them after school? In thread after thread you post a statement - often interesting and sometimes in conflict with majority opinion. That's fine. But you repeatedly fail to explain what you're getting at.

So, let's assume that Spence and others are shooting their mouth off (for the record a position I totally disagree with) loudly and frequently. What happens next? If the Steelers lose are we simply going to chalk it up to "overconfidence" and "Tomlin isn't mean enough" and the other usual pop-psychology that appears around here whenever the Steelers don't win 67-0. If so we can add "running their mouth" to that pile of meaningless crap. Or is there some tangible actual outcome you are anticipating?

Saying that it is "going to bite them in the ass" is so vague that it could mean everything. It is a self-fulfilling prediction.

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How? Is the other team going to fight them after school? In thread after thread you post a statement - often interesting and sometimes in conflict with majority opinion. That's fine. But you repeatedly fail to explain what you're getting at.

So, let's assume that Spence and others are shooting their mouth off (for the record a position I totally disagree with) loudly and frequently. What happens next? If the Steelers lose are we simply going to chalk it up to "overconfidence" and "Tomlin isn't mean enough" and the other usual pop-psychology that appears around here whenever the Steelers don't win 67-0. If so we can add "running their mouth" to that pile of meaningless crap. Or is there some tangible actual outcome you are anticipating?

Saying that it is "going to bite them in the ass" is so vague that it could mean everything. It is a self-fulfilling prediction.
    Oh, you want an example? How about when Anthony Smith ran his mouth about Brady a few years ago? How did that turn out for him? Is that specific enough for you? Bottom line, this Tomlin-coached team flaps their gums too much. They think the "hey everything is cool, we will have best ever _____" mode isn't wise. Belichick would never allow his team to talk like this.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Oh, you want an example? How about when Anthony Smith ran his mouth about Brady a few years ago? How did that turn out for him? Is that specific enough for you? Bottom line, this Tomlin-coached team flaps their gums too much. They think the "hey everything is cool, we will have best ever _____" mode isn't wise. Belichick would never allow his team to talk like this.
    How bout when Joey would run his mouth? I remember him running his mouth before we played the colts in the playoffs after they decimated us earlier in the season. How did that game turn out??? He did the same thing against the seahags in the Superbowl.

I remember Joe Namath once ran his mouth before a game too.

While I don't consider any of this running their mouths, just wanted to point out a few times when someone ran their mouths and nothing terrible happened.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Joey was one of the greatest at running his mouth and then going out and backing it up 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

This might help

Patriots center Bryan Stork in concussion protocol

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that he is mired in the league's concussion protocol, according to a source informed of the blocker's condition.

The Patriots
    have yet to issue an injury report, but Stork has been absent from the start of New England's last two practices, per ESPN.com's Mike Reiss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ssion-protocol

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    This might help

Patriots center Bryan Stork in concussion protocol

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that he is mired in the league's concussion protocol, according to a source informed of the blocker's condition.

The Patriots have yet to issue an injury report, but Stork has been absent from the start of New England's last two practices, per ESPN.com's Mike Reiss.
    this might help also:

"The Patriots will play without wide receiver Brandon LaFell on Thursday, which gives the Steelers fewer options to concentrate on defensively."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...onkowski-down/

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

yeah - he has a foot

Patriots wideout Brandon LaFell headed to PUP list

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ed-to-pup-list

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So once. You have one example. And it wouldn't have mattered whether Smith ran his mouth or not. He was the weak link in that secondary and the Pats wisely exploited it. I'm sure Brady had a smile on his face while he did it, but it was going to happen no matter what because Anthony Smith was not good at football.

Just like how Gronk went nutso a few years ago against the Steelers until they switched who was covering him.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Belichick would never allow his team to talk like this.
    True. His players don't talk trash; they murder people.

Anthony Smith > Aaron Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    How bout when Joey would run his mouth? I remember him running his mouth before we played the colts in the playoffs after they decimated us earlier in the season. How did that game turn out??? He did the same thing against the seahags in the Superbowl.

I remember Joe Namath once ran his mouth before a game too.

While I don't consider any of this running their mouths, just wanted to point out a few times when someone ran their mouths and nothing terrible happened.
    You always have exceptions to every rule. All I know is the Pats refuse to run their mouths and all that has done for them is making it to 6 Super Bowls since Belichick has been there.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

You always have exceptions to every rule. All I know is the Pats refuse to run their mouths and all that has done for them is making it to 6 Super Bowls since Belichick has been there.
    Hmmm remember the time the gmen told the press how many points shady and the pats would score and he laughed??? Funny but the gmen were right.

No the pats don't talk. They cheat a lot since beli has been there, but that doesn't really have any bearing on them winning.

Remember Hines Ward saying they were calling out our plays before we ran them in the 2004 AFCC game.

Nope. Didn't happen, despite what the media tried to make it out to be. Here's what was really said. It's what every coach and player in the NFL says about their team. Oh, and about Belicheat not letting his team talk like "that" . . . Check out this swarmy response to Plaxico's prediction.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Hmmm remember the time the gmen told the press how many points shady and the pats would score and he laughed??? Funny but the gmen were right.

No the pats don't talk. They cheat a lot since beli has been there, but that doesn't really have any bearing on them winning.

Remember Hines Ward saying they were calling out our plays before we ran them in the 2004 AFCC game.

Let me blow the dust off this classic. I haven't had the chance to get it out lately.

Ahh yes. I still love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Nope. Didn't happen, despite what the media tried to make it out to be. Here's what was really said. It's what every coach and player in the NFL says about their team. Oh, and about Belicheat not letting his team talk like "that" . . . Check out this swarmy response to Plaxico's prediction.
    Nice finds.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Let me blow the dust off this classic. I haven't had the chance to get it out lately.

Ahh yes. I still love it.
    ...and again!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Marsha** is one of the biggest trash talkers in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

In the last 10 years...The steelers won 2 super bowl and lost 1 super bowl.....The patriots won 1 super bowl and lost 2 super bowl......

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Marsha** is one of the biggest trash talkers in the NFL.
    Only on the field. That is a totally different kettle of fish. They don't run their mouth to the media before a game. Belichick would never allow for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    In the last 10 years...The steelers won 2 super bowl and lost 1 super bowl.....The patriots won 1 super bowl and lost 2 super bowl......
    Since 2001, the Pats won FOUR Super Bowls and been to SIX. The Steelers won two and have been to 3. So, in other words, the Pats have won twice as many in the modern era.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Belichick would never allow for it.
    Indeed.

Odin Lloyd found out the hard way what happens when Bill Belichick finds out that you've been talking smack.

Only on the field. That is a totally different kettle of fish. They don't run their mouth to the media before a game. Belichick would never allow for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Since 2001, the Pats won FOUR Super Bowls and been to SIX. The Steelers won two and have been to 3. So, in other words, the Pats have won twice as many in the modern era.
    I'm sure you're a pats fan ...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

So, if you refuse to run your mouth, you will go to 6 Super Bowls.

Ladies and gentlemen, the hidden formula for getting to the Super Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    So, if you refuse to run your mouth, you will go to 6 Super Bowls.

Ladies and gentlemen, the hidden formula for getting to the Super Bowl.
    don't forget, you have to cheat also. that really helps a lot...

Not true. Brady has done it several times. Then there was the B*tch Mode incident, Wes Welker, Randy Moss...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, ok, so running your mouth on the field is ok. And is the key to getting to 6 Super Bowls. But, that cheating stuff, oh, that had no impact despite the recent article showing the depths of cheating.