Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it safe to say that Shamarko is our biggest question mark in the secondary?

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Re: Is it safe to say that Shamarko is our biggest question mark in the secondary?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I think Mike Mitchell and Cortez Allen are just as big of question marks.

needless to say, I'm very worried about our secondary this season...
    Yea, I think you are more on the mark lol.

Outside of Gay our entire secondary is a pretty big question mark. I am no more sold on Mitchell than I am on Thomas. He hasn't done anything to inspire confidence.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: Is it safe to say that Shamarko is our biggest question mark in the secondary?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon25 View Post
    Outside of Gay our entire secondary is a pretty big question mark. I am no more sold on Mitchell than I am on Thomas. He hasn't done anything to inspire confidence.
    Ain't that the truth. I'm hoping that Boykin can become another one that we can at least count on but I haven't seen enough from him yet to show me that.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Member Array title="JoeyPorter55 is an unknown quantity at this point"> JoeyPorter55's Avatar

Our entire secondary is a question mark

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyPorter55 View Post
    Our entire secondary is a question mark
    Our entire defense is a question mark. Let's see if anyone comes alive tonight, but so far, might as well have 11 pylons out on the field.

I also question the wisdom, or lack thereof, of not playing the starting unit together at all during the pre season. How do they build chemistry? How do they build the lines of communication? Build the tendencies of how they play.

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Our entire defense is a question mark. Let's see if anyone comes alive tonight, but so far, might as well have 11 pylons out on the field.

I also question the wisdom, or lack thereof, of not playing the starting unit together at all during the pre season. How do they build chemistry? How do they build the lines of communication? Build the tendencies of how they play.
    Might be a TON of wisdom in it. Let me spin you a scenario.

Tomlin and Butler knew Brady was coming back. Brady has a history of shredding our defense. Our defense is going to look lost out there, thus making Brady lost because neither he or us know what we are doing.

Brilliant.......Maybe.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon25 View Post
    Might be a TON of wisdom in it. Let me spin you a scenario.

Tomlin and Butler knew Brady was coming back. Brady has a history of shredding our defense. Our defense is going to look lost out there, thus making Brady lost because neither he or us know what we are doing.

Brilliant.......Maybe.
    Sept 10th will provide the answers. However, I think, like last year, we take a good 4-5 regular season games to realize where we have to play, how we have to tackle and how to communicate. And maybe, just maybe, suspend ping pong privileges.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'm starting to lean more and more to the "he's terrible" side of the argument...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Secondary is not the only problem....The pass rush and the run defense is awful.....

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

The most concerning player on this defense, easily, is Shamarko Thomas. #Steelers

Shark will get first quarter of the season. From there, who knows. Could be benched

Cue Brady and Belichick evil laugh when they watch the tape.

Shark will have a target on him for next week.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Tomlin is an idiot if Thomas starts the game against the Patriots next week....

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Secondary is not the only problem....The pass rush and the run defense is awful.....
    I know it's pre-season and all.....BUT.....(39) Total Offense at the 1/2 is pretty damn troubling !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    I know it's pre-season and all.....BUT.....(39) Total Offense at the 1/2 is pretty damn troubling !
    It means nothing....No starters played this game.....The first team offense has scored 3 TD on 6 drives in the preseason.....

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

It means nothing....No starters played this game.....The first team offense has scored 3 TD on 6 drives in the preseason.....
    Well, that is a relief.... I just found the damn game here on=line a little bit ago. DIdn;t see the first 1/2,

Hopefully the starters are playing lights out in practice !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

We can be sure that Tomlin will be an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Normally 1st string would play one series but with us playing in seven days no starters on offense saw any time. Back up oline looking horrible. SHAMarko looking like he doesn't want to be here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

yeah, I would start Will Allen over Shamarko...