Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without pay.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without p

Let me put it this way. If marijuana isn't addictive then all these guys who test positive must be really stupid. Because when the minimum wage in your career field is damn near 500k annually, and that's not enough incentive to put down the pipe for a month leading into the one and only time you'll get tested all year( if you pass), then these guys are all extremely stupid. Think about it. Most of us need at least 3 or 4 years to make that kind of cash. And you're telling me a person who has been forewarned about the approximate date of his one and only drug test (recreational) all year can't find the resolve to abstain is somehow not addicted?

I guess you can call me the idiot then. Because I really don't think these guys are that stupid. All addicts are masters of self deception. These guys fool themselves into believing they can smoke that one extra week, or that they have something that will clean their system up enough that they can smoke virtually right up until the test. The fact that smoking weed is that important to them that they'll jeopardize that lucrative of a payday tells me that weed is indeed addictive.

Just because it's not as addictive as tobacco or possibly alcohol doesn't mean it's not addictive to some people. Cause and effect here tells me these guys have a substance abuse problem. Period.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without p

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Let me put it this way. If marijuana isn't addictive then all these guys who test positive must be really stupid. Because when the minimum wage in your career field is damn near 500k annually, and that's not enough incentive to put down the pipe for a month leading into the one and only time you'll get tested all year( if you pass), then these guys are all extremely stupid. Think about it. Most of us need at least 3 or 4 years to make that kind of cash. And you're telling me a person who has been forewarned about the approximate date of his one and only drug test (recreational) all year can't find the resolve to abstain is somehow not addicted?

I guess you can call me the idiot then. Because I really don't think these guys are that stupid. All addicts are masters of self deception. These guys fool themselves into believing they can smoke that one extra week, or that they have something that will clean their system up enough that they can smoke virtually right up until the test. The fact that smoking weed is that important to them that they'll jeopardize that lucrative of a payday tells me that weed is indeed addictive.

Just because it's not as addictive as tobacco or possibly alcohol doesn't mean it's not addictive to some people. Cause and effect here tells me these guys have a substance abuse problem. Period.
    They are extreme morons. I can't be 100% sure, but each player who has tested positive for marijuana has been a complete imbecile. That being said, I do think marijuana is addictive, at least on some level.
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I am pissed about Bongtavious but is this really a surprise? Ryan Clark talked about it last year.

Make no mistake. Addictive or not, these knuckleheads who keep smoking pot/getting caught are dumb or just plain weak and have no will to quit and stay focused. For the Steelers, Marvel Smith is the only one who I can recall who made a pot smoking mistake and never got caught again.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

That's why I said they have a severe personality disorder such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

If marijuana is "supposedly" not addictive and these clowns have an IQ over 100 (to be able to understand and play at the NFL level) that leaves one and only one other choice. The have a mental health condition. Some type of severe personality Disorder like Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20025568

Symptoms

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and other areas of their life, such as work or school.

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Many experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. This manual is also used by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.
    DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance (ie SELFISH)
    • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
    • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
    • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
    • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
    • Requiring constant admiration
    • Having a sense of entitlement
    • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
    • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
    • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
    • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
    • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I still don't think it's addictive. These guys really ARE that stupid about it.

With people who smoke weed that much, it's almost like a game - lol, I'm going to get high for ____ and they won't even notice. lol, I'm going to smoke before ____ and they can't even tell. It doesn't help that these guys all want to be like some rapper whose persona revolves around getting high whenever they want and doing whatever the fuck they want, like the 2000s version of Cheech and Chong with more cursing and guns.

The fact that it's illegal adds this us-against-them factor to it, like you're in this secret club and you're going to show everyone else you don't give a fuck by being stoned and getting away with it. The more brazen you are, the more weed cred you get. I know a guy who got a job in Honolulu with all living expenses paid and a free rental car, and he lost it within a month because lol, wouldn't it be funny if we hotboxed the rental car right before we took it back. They'll never know! I can picture clear as day the circle of weed friends: "Aw shit, lookit 'Tavis! He failed 3 drug tests and he hittin' it again! N*gga don't give a FUCK!" "Yeeaaaaa!"

... and THAT is weed culture in a nutshell for you.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    So Bryant has failed multiple tests? I thought this was the first time he failed.
    The next hit is 10 games

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant's four-game suspension is for "multiple failed marijuana tests."

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/637038086917128192

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    If marijuana is "supposedly" not addictive and these clowns have an IQ over 100 (to be able to understand and play at the NFL level) that leaves one and only one other choice.
    It doesn't take an IQ of 100 to play in the NFL. The problem is players are really that dumb. I remember listening to a sports show interviewing a tutor for ex-NBA player Mugsy Bogues. The tutor stated Bogues didn't even know the alphabet.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    So Bryant has failed multiple tests? I thought this was the first time he failed.
    I think I read it was 4 tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler