Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without pay.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without pay.

Kevin Colbert on Bryant: "We are disappointed in Martavis’ actions that has led to his four-game suspension..."

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08...me-suspension/

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without p

Take it to federal court, then. Seems he has more than a fair-to-middling chance of getting it tossed there.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Re: NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without p

Well at least he'll be healthy when he comes back, there's that.

Maybe i should pick up Wheaton in my draft

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Well at least he'll be healthy when he comes back, there's that.

Maybe i should pick up Wheaton in my draft
    That's what people did at my job.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

So talented, but such an idiot. And please don't compare him to LeVeon. Because it's not even close. LeVeon didn't test positive in a league mandated drug test as Martavis has done multiple times in just over a year as an NFL player. This moron has a real drug problem. This is Josh Gibson all over. He will probably test positive again, he will likely smoke himself out of the league within 24 months.Sorry but those who claim weed isn't addictive. Bullshit. Depends on the person obviously. Some people will throw away a lucrative career because reefer is impossible to give up for them

. http://articles.philly.com/2001-04-0...gles-marijuana
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    So talented, but such an idiot. And please don't compare him to LeVeon. Because it's not even close. LeVeon didn't test positive in a league mandated drug test as Martavis has done multiple times in just over a year as an NFL player. This moron has a real drug problem. This is Josh Gibson all over. He will probably test positive again, he will likely smoke himself out of the league within 24 months.Sorry but those who claim weed isn't addictive. Bullshit. Depends on the person obviously. Some people will throw away a lucrative career because reefer is impossible to give up for them

Josh Gordon?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Josh Gordon?
    Yeah. A couple beers in. Shooting from the hip. Anyway you know what I mean. The fear is valid.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Very valid and very heading that direction...

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Shame .... wasted talent !

Banned Array title="B&GFever will become famous soon enough">

10 meaningful games to date played ..

10 game checks fined and 4 game suspended ..

not exactly the path you hope for .

a lesson Learned would be priceless ( lets hope )

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Kevin Colbert on Bryant: "We are disappointed in Martavis’ actions that has led to his four-game suspension..."

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08...me-suspension/
    I think he should be forced to run a gaunlet of Steeler fans so we can punch him face for doing something so stupid.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Sorry but those who claim weed isn't addictive. Bullshit. Depends on the person obviously. Some people will throw away a lucrative career because reefer is impossible to give up for them

Exactly.

Today's weed is 10x more potent than it was in the 1980s.

Do whatever the hell you want, but if it's illegal in you job.... which BTW....is to play a kid's game and make 10's of millions of dollars doing it, couldn't you at least make a 1/2 ass'd effort to admit and take care of you drug problem...... LIKE A REAL MAN ?

Just flat out SELFISH. Terribly immature. What a shame.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I've never known anyone who was addicted to weed.

I have known plenty of people who were so used to smoking it that they could not even imagine why you would go without it.

It's a mentality, a whole "weed culture" mindset. But it's not like quitting cigarettes. I've quit both, and cigarettes were tougher by far. Weed, one day you just go "well, I don't want to be smoking this all the time, this is dumb," and that's pretty much it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    It's a mentality, a whole "weed culture" mindset. But it's not like quitting cigarettes. I've quit both, and cigarettes were tougher by far. Weed, one day you just go "well, I don't want to be smoking this all the time, this is dumb," and that's pretty much it.
    Ok, so Bryant isn't addicted to weed.

That means he's got a very, very serious Narcissitic personality disorder to the degree that he's willing to sacrifice everything to smoke his weed.

Line up the gauntlet so we can all punch this punk in the face !

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

They should legalize weed already. Don't get why it is illegal anyway, alcohol and tobacco are way more dangerous.

On the other hand, what would happen if a Broncos player (while not in another state) smokes weed? I mean, it's legal there...

Banned Array title="B&GFever will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    They should legalize weed already. Don't get why it is illegal anyway, alcohol and tobacco are way more dangerous.

On the other hand, what would happen if a Broncos player (while not in another state) smokes weed? I mean, it's legal there...

state laws have nothing to do with cba agreements and league policy .. so would be under same rules as someone from any other team ..

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I knew those were there for a reason ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    I think he should be forced to run a gaunlet of Steeler fans so we can punch him face for doing something so stupid.
    if the Steelers really wanted to punish Bryant, they would just force him to watch our defensive game tape against the Bills over and over again...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    if the Steelers really wanted to punish Bryant, they would just force him to watch our defensive game tape against the Bills over and over again...
    But that might drive him to drink.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

That would be really cruel.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    But that might drive him to drink.
    good point, it certainly drove me to drink...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Same experience here. Quitting cigarettes had me climbing the walls at one point. I also failed at it 3 times before I finally kicked them for good. I'll be smoke free 8 years this coming January 7th.

Quitting weed? Nothing to it. Oh, and paying $100+ a pop for a decent quarter towards the end there had a lot to do with it too. Lot better things to do with that money and I just didn't enjoy it enough anymore to justify the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    That would be really cruel.
    yeah, I think there's a constitutional amendment against something that cruel...

We want the kid to learn his lesson, not get PTSD for God's sake ! LMAO !

I've never known anyone who was addicted to weed.
    Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Same experience here. Quitting cigarettes had me climbing the walls at one point. I also failed at it 3 times before I finally kicked them for good. I'll be smoke free 8 years this coming January 7th.

Quitting weed? Nothing to it. Oh, and paying $100+ a pop for a decent quarter towards the end there had a lot to do with it too. Lot better things to do with that money and I just didn't enjoy it enough anymore to justify the expense.
    Congratulations.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

So Bryant has failed multiple tests? I thought this was the first time he failed.
    Hater = Realist

Member Array title="KillerBs is an unknown quantity at this point"> KillerBs's Avatar

I tell people... "I smoked cigarettes for 2 years... It took 14 years after that to quit."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk