Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaguars trade kicker Josh Scobee to the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Jaguars trade kicker Josh Scobee to the Steelers

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Jaguars trade kicker Josh Scobee to the Steelers

What did we give up to get him?

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

I told ya!

ha ha

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    What did we give up to get him?
    Late round draft pick per "The Score" app...

Wasn't he going to get cut anyways?

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Two kickers still on roster? Jaguars could be inviting trade

Josh Scobee has been the kicker in Jacksonville for more than a decade and has made both of his field goal attempts this summer while also reaching the end zone on all five of his kickoffs.

Which team would want Scobee? A team like Pittsburgh

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...Times-Union%29

-----------

They called it

Jags fans...ha ha

NOOOOO!

This is a terrible move.

Myers is 24-38 in his college career with career long of 49. Was he really that good in preseason?

If we have a game on the line down by 2 with 3 seconds on the clock, why in the world wouldn't we want a veteran kicker to go win the game for us??

Bad bad move. This sucks

Hope it wasn't for a 6th or a 7th. Steelers get a fantastic kicker

the nfl is paying jags off to be a loseing team so they can move them to london. why else would you get rid of one of your best players on the team for the last serveal years.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?...to-pittsburgh/

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Here's hoping he doesn't fall and tear his ACL, MCL and PCL while getting off the plane at Pittsburgh International...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Jags fans...ha ha

NOOOOO!

This is a terrible move.

Myers is 24-38 in his college career with career long of 49. Was he really that good in preseason?

If we have a game on the line down by 2 with 3 seconds on the clock, why in the world wouldn't we want a veteran kicker to go win the game for us??

Bad bad move. This sucks

Hope it wasn't for a 6th or a 7th. Steelers get a fantastic kicker

the nfl is paying jags off to be a loseing team so they can move them to london. why else would you get rid of one of your best players on the team for the last serveal years.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?...to-pittsburgh/
    Haha!

Welcome aboard Josh!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Here's hoping he doesn't fall and tear his ACL, MCL and PCL while getting off the plane at Pittsburgh International...
    Wait, did one of the Spinal Tap drummers fall off a plane?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Glad that we have someone who ought to be reliable. On the other hand, I am a bit concerned that we are now using $7.7M in cap space on the kicker position.

Before you ask what I would do with it, as I recall the Bears just let go of a talented CB, and we have two or three contracts coming up to extend next year.

While looking this up, I also noticed that we couldn't resist messing with Mike Mitchell's contract somewhere along the line, so where he makes an average of $5M a year, he's been restructured to count more like $2.5M for the past two seasons. So now his cap number goes up to $7M starting next year, a season for which he is basically uncuttable. No doubt they'll restructure it again to make it $10M the following year. So there's that to look forward to.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Glad that we have someone who ought to be reliable. On the other hand, I am a bit concerned that we are now using $7.7M in cap space on the kicker position.

Before you ask what I would do with it, as I recall the Bears just let go of a talented CB, and we have two or three contracts coming up to extend next year.

While looking this up, I also noticed that we couldn't resist messing with Mike Mitchell's contract somewhere along the line, so where he makes an average of $5M a year, he's been restructured to count more like $2.5M for the past two seasons. So now his cap number goes up to $7M starting next year, a season for which he is basically uncuttable. No doubt they'll restructure it again to make it $10M the following year. So there's that to look forward to.
    I'm not worried about cap space on a kicker we traded for. None of it will be guaranteed (it all gets accelerated and tagged to the Jags' cap).

As for Mitchell, we'll probably just extend his contract, depending on how he looks this year. Also, we just traded for a talented CB, have another one sitting on IR, and have a couple that looking to be developing. I know, I know, defense looked horrible in preseason (and it did). I'm sorry to say, while we transition to a more straight forward Tampa-2, that's going to happen. I'd rather it happen now, however, while our players are young so they can learn it and solidify as a group, rather than toss it or bring in other players who might only be with us a year or two. I'm thinking longterm here.

Josh Scobee is restructuring his contract. The Steelers are not signing him for $3.4 million that he made in Jacksonville.

https://twitter.com/rayfitt1?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, that's a relief, I guess. But of course, I wonder if "restructuring" means he's signing a cheap contract and still being paid by the Jaguars, or simply pushing most of that $3.4M into next year? That could be important - if it's the latter, it may signal that we're not bringing Suisham back.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Josh Scobee is restructuring his contract. The Steelers are not signing him for $3.4 million that he made in Jacksonville.

https://twitter.com/rayfitt1?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Scooby doo knows he has a better chance at postseason than with the jagoffs.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well, that's a relief, I guess. But of course, I wonder if "restructuring" means he's signing a cheap contract and still being paid by the Jaguars, or simply pushing most of that $3.4M into next year? That could be important - if it's the latter, it may signal that we're not bringing Suisham back.
    since we gave up a draft choice for Scobee Do, I believe the Steelers see him as our kicker for the next few years...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    since we gave up a draft choice for Scobee Do, I believe the Steelers see him as our kicker for the next few years...
    As long as he doesn't beat up towel dispensers and get kicked out of HOF games, I am down w/Scooby as our kicker for the next few years.

I agree. he's only 33 which is young for a kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Even better.
    Even better

per DK Sports

Don’t fear the salary cap. At least not too much. The trade for Josh Scobee, whose contract calls for $3.4 million though that’s expected to be reworked, has the Steelers left with roughly $8.5 million in projected remaining cap space once all players and the practice squad are signed.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Love this trade! Keep him out of the games until Week One...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Scooby doo knows he has a better chance at postseason than with the jagoffs.
    He spent a decade of his life losing with the Jags - he must be really happy to be coming here.

Just saw Josh Scobee's new uniform arrive on the South Side:

https://twitter.com/dejan_kovacevic

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Career FG % on kicks 50+.

Josh Scobee: 61.9%
    Shaun Suisham: 31.3%

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Major upgrade. I'm down big time with this.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Major upgrade. I'm down big time with this.
    yep

GM Caldwell on Scobee trade: “Toughest decision we’ve had to make”

Caldwell said the trade for Scobee developed in the last 24 hours, with Caldwell first speaking to Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert around 4:30 Sunday. Caldwell said he informed Scobee’s agent of the trade Sunday night, then spoke to Scobee later that evening.

“I told him it was easily the toughest decision we’ve had to make here in our time,” Caldwell, in his third season as the Jaguars’ general manager, said. “Whatever you think of Josh as a kicker, which he was very good at, he’s even a better person.

“He’s a tremendous leader. He was great to our young players. He was great in our community. He and his family were very active in the community. As much as he will be missed here, he’ll be missed even more so in the community.”

Scobee’s 59-yard field goal against Indianapolis on October 3, 2010, is the longest field goal in franchise history. It also remains the third-longest game-winning field goal in NFL history.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-...9-c7a9a98577c4

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'm sure Scobee has lost a little accuracy and leg strength, but this is a nice upgrade over Hartley and probably Suisham as well. Scobee has missed just one kick from the "new" XP range since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'm sure Scobee has lost a little accuracy and leg strength, but this is a nice upgrade over Hartley and probably Suisham as well. Scobee has missed just one kick from the "new" XP range since 2008.

2013 - 4/5 from 50+

all his stats are here

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...62/josh-scobee

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Jacksonville paying a little under 1 million of Josh Scobee's 2015 salary. #Steelers

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09...s-2015-salary/

Get a ring and nobody will care about that 6th rd draft pick

amen

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Great pick up.

This will put more points on the board.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant