Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Tomlin Disappointed In Lack Of Competitiveness In Fringe Players

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Re: Mike Tomlin Disappointed In Lack Of Competitiveness In Fringe Players

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I guess for me, I could care less about the style, just the results. Through his first seven seasons he is tied in win % with Cowher and he has 3 SB appearances with 2 victories (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...eat-head-coach).

The biggest problem with this team is that there are no established playmakers on defense. Shazier looks like he could be a guy that makes things happen. The coaching staff seems to think that Tuitt and Heyward are. Now they need a presence off the edge and at least one guy in coverage to emerge. If those don't happen, the defense will not be very good no matter the coach.

It just seems that there is a train of thought that if only the coaches would coach better the Steelers would never lose. That's kinda ridiculous. I realize there are times when the coaches put players in a position to fail - like trying to have Vince Williams carry a receiver down the seam. But the majority of the time the coaches put the players in a position to succeed and then the players fail to execute. That is on them.
    Well, if I'm being honest, I do feel that there are some lingering, reoccurring issues with this team that are related to coaching. And, to be fair, the front office. And to be really really fair, the players performance. Of course, this can be said for every single sports team on the planet. I'm just pointing out where I think we can improve. But, it's hard to argue with MT's results, so I'd be happy with the status quo as well.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    With a defense like that it's going to be difficult to win close games without Antonio Bell and Marcus Bryant the first few games.
    LeVeon Bell......

Don't forget about Markice Pouncey as well.

BTW ALLD, my wife just walked in the room as I'm typing this and saw your Avatar! She said.... "What is this ?!?!?" Just got my ass in trouble man ! Thanks! Lol!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The avatar is my wife incidentally.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    With a defense like that it's going to be difficult to win close games without Antonio Bell and Marcus Bryant the first few games.
    Drinking again...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler