Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler fans protest Vick, not going to games

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Steeler fans protest Vick, not going to games

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...g-michael-vick

Watch the video. She has a point.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Re: Steeler fans protest VIck, not going to games

If anybody wants to give away their Steelers gear and game tickets...PM me...I'll be discreet

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I was going to respond, but I am choosing not to engage in this debate any longer.

I will discuss his on field capabilities and lack thereof, but his life is his life, at this point.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

"I bought season tix, but my seats will remain empty!"

If it were my season tix, you can bet your ass that I'd be at least trying to resell them and make a profit.

Funny enough, I also noticed she didn't utter a peep about surrendering her PSL. I mean, if she's so committed to the cause, why not go all the way, not to mention let someone else who has been sitting for years on the waiting list have a crack at them? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

I think this is classy -- Art Rooney stops and talks to the Vick protesters when leaving facility.

All 9 of them.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

13,000 Facebook likes. 4 protesters who actually showed up. Yeah, that's a cause worth taking seriously.

See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    "I bought season tix, but my seats will remain empty!"

If it were my season tix, you can bet your ass that I'd be at least trying to resell them and make a profit.

Funny enough, I also noticed she didn't utter a peep about surrendering her PSL. I mean, if she's so committed to the cause, why not go all the way, not to mention let someone else who has been sitting for years on the waiting list have a crack at them? Yeah, that's what I thought.
    It's pretty doubtful Vick will be on the roster next season. She will be back after he isn't on the team.

Member Array title="JoeyPorter55 is an unknown quantity at this point"> JoeyPorter55's Avatar

Any so-called "fan" who decides to completely turn their back on all of the players, coaches, and memories that they admittedly "love" is no fan through my eyes and I won't miss them a bit

I've seen how many fans we sport during ROAD GAMES let alone when we're at home. I think we'll be just fine

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Let them stay home. It won't bother me a bit.

I'm tired of these "holier than thou" people who think that it's their job to judge others.

This is football, not a church.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

I'm tired of these "holier than thou" people who think that it's their job to judge others.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at Michael Vick....

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    If anybody wants to give away their Steelers gear and game tickets...PM me...I'll be discreet
    I'm with TD's. If anyone wants to give up their tickets, just let me know.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

All those people who like or are involved in dog fighting will become Steeler fans now more than likely.We will probably gain more than enough fans to replace the ones that are leaving. LOL!!!!!!!
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

This needed a thread because...

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    This needed a thread because...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

Well, I don't think being against murdering and torturing dogs means you're "holier than thou."

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I've been a Steelers fan since I was a little kid and I haven't missed a game in so long that I can't even remember anymore. I had Franco sign my first towel at his house.
    I've been there through the hard times, through the preseason games, and done the "road warrior" thing throughout the midwest, but...
    Sorry folks, but even I have my limits. I won't be watching Steeler games, showing the colors, or buying any gear until Vick is gone.

I just plain can't do it. If that means I'm not a "real" Steelers fan, then I guess I must not be. I will happily rejoin the bandwagon once he's gone.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I won't be watching Steeler games, showing the colors, or buying any gear until Vick is gone.
    See ya in '16, then.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Smile Re: Steeler fans protest VIck, not going to games

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    See ya in '16, then.
    Take care slash.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I've been a Steelers fan since I was a little kid and I haven't missed a game in so long that I can't even remember anymore. I had Franco sign my first towel at his house.
    I've been there through the hard times, through the preseason games, and done the "road warrior" thing throughout the midwest, but...
    Sorry folks, but even I have my limits. I won't be watching Steeler games, showing the colors, or buying any gear until Vick is gone.

I just plain can't do it. If that means I'm not a "real" Steelers fan, then I guess I must not be. I will happily rejoin the bandwagon once he's gone.
    To each his own. If, I may, with all due respect, ask if you watched the NY Jets game last year? Just wondering where and why you draw the line at the Steelers. If Vick is that detestable to you, why would you not draw the line at the NFL in general?

Banned Array title="B&GFever will become famous soon enough">

if only people would take such strong stances against abortion , or planned parenthood selling baby parts .

animals should never supersede Humans as humans where made in Gods image not monkeys , cats , dogs or mice for good reason we are the planets supreme rulers yet so many are bleeding hearts over them instead of US

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Please add me to the list of those who would like to have tickets...would love to see the Steelers vs rats this year if possible. Just sayin'.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    Well, I don't think being against murdering and torturing dogs means you're "holier than thou."
    No, but choosing against forgiveness and second chances based on behaviors from 10 years ago does.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The man paid dearly for his crimes and by all accounts, has turned his life around. Hate him all you want but to protest against a professional sports team just because they signed him is ridiculous.

Most of these people probably have hidden sins of their own. As the old saying goes, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

This happened 8 years ago. It's time for people to get over it.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

She'll be selling her tickets online...no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    She'll be selling her tickets online...no doubt.
    She'd be foolish not to. She could easily get 3-5 times face value (or more).

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    To each his own. If, I may, with all due respect, ask if you watched the NY Jets game last year? Just wondering where and why you draw the line at the Steelers. If Vick is that detestable to you, why would you not draw the line at the NFL in general?
    Count,
    I suppose it's because I'm not a fan of the NFL in general. I do not identify with the NFL. I identify with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Maybe that's just a thing that applies to my generation and it sounds weird to folks who aren't in my generation.
    I watched all the games we played against Dallas when they were the "work release" franchise. I watched all the games against shady teams and rooted for our team because I always believed that we were the "good guys".
    If NFL football is merely just various groups of scumbags duking it out for supremacy, then there's no reason for me to differentiate one uniform or team from another. I don't particularly care who wins or why.
    TL;DR:
    I can back the Steelers when they are the "Rooney Class" team. I can't support them when they're just another random gang of thugs and miscreants who "win at all costs" and just happen to wear the black and gold. It would be easier if I could, but I can't.
    It pains me, because I don't know how to not be a Steeler fan. I've never been anything else. But I can't bring myself to support this. I will take a stand and let them know that (as Tomlin would say) this is below the line. I would rather go 0-16 this season than have Vick soiling my beloved black 'n' gold.

That's just me, though. You folks do what you like.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="vindrow is on a distinguished road"> vindrow's Avatar

I like pie.

Banned Array title="B&GFever will become famous soon enough">

The era of " the Rooney way " passed long ago when Free Agency came into play

The game was no longer about drafting your Lunch Pal mentality hard working , humble but hungry young men who was brought up with morals and a value system that was as American as Apple pie .

the game became more of a Business then and with any good Business model you have to have the best possible employees (players) to utilize your business plan with .

Anything less than the very best available talent was going to hurt your business model and consequently your chances to succeed ..

Hiring Vick was just that , getting the best possible backup QB at the time on the open market to complete your business plan so you have a chance over the long haul .

It was not about securing a choir boy , a lunch pal guy or even someone who remotely held the same value system as the next guy , it was to get the best possible backup option available from a business perspective ..

It is not a daycare where you have to screen applicants and they have to pass clearances as the team is full of nothing but grown men who many are ruthless , brutal and hard nosed as you may find in any sector of life .

Lets face it football can be a brutal game played by brutal men , not many choir boys are in attendance .

Do I wish we had 100% good citizens on the team , absolutely but in today's society and today's that is just not possible however I doubt the sample of men wearing black n gold are no different than the average sector of men working at the local construction site , some good some bad in all of them , not everyone is a model citizen on that site nor are they on the football team it is just how life works , like it or not.

Sure we fantasize about days gone by about how our Steelers where a cut above the rest on and off the field but you know what it is just that a fantasy none of them had hallows or wings ( even though at times it sure seemed like it ) . We employed some men back in the day that you certainly would not want as house guests but you may over look it because of their fame we just did not have a media like we do today where every little thing they do is under the microscope ( not that dog fighting is a little thing ) ..

It is not like they signed Donte Stallworth fresh out of jail for DUI homicide but for me human vs human crime is a lot worse than human vs animal .

I often wonder how is Mike Vick any worse than a trophy hunter who hunts purely for the mount he puts on the wall instead of the meat he puts on the table ?

for me not a whole lot of difference .

maybe your take is quite different I don't know but I will not lose any sleep over this , nor will I miss any games

either way best of luck awaiting 2016

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Being against that is one thing.

Being against forgiveness is another thing. Especially against one who has already paid the price for his crime.

Should I remind you of a certain #7 whom has embarrassed the Steelers franchise not once but twice in two seperate offseasons due to his own stupidity, but we still cheer for to this day?

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vindrow View Post
    I like pie.
    Fan of blueberry myself.