Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trump

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Trump

Consistent with what Vis said, the bottom line is that due to shifting demographics it will be very difficult for the GOP to get 270 electorates no matter what.

In fact, unless / until something dramatically changes, I would not be surprised if the GOP never sees the whitehouse again.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The GOP, in it's current incarnation, has no chance of ever being relevant again. I't's a doomed party, as it stands. The only hope I have from this election is that the GOP has it's eyes wide opened, cleans house, gets it's collective shit together, and comes back strong. The country in the hands of these liberal idiots is doomed.... in the very near future.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Ahhhhh....the debate over which unworthy candidate is the most unworthy. I love election years.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Whatever you personally believe, when you have a party that......wants to stop all Muslims from entering the country.
    It will be interesting to see how the liberals posture on the murder of 50 americans by muslim terrorist Omar Mateen.
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 06-12-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I believe Trump is a phony and I do not believe for one second he is a legitimate conservative. He was a liberal who took positions such as being pro-assault weapons ban and pro-socialized medicine and conveniently didn't start coming out in favor of conservative issues before trying to get the vote of the Republican party. He has spoken highly of Hilary Clinton, has given to money to corrupt slime balls such as Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. The only reason he got conservatives on his side was because of charisma, the fact that he is saying the right things in this campaign, and the fact that he has smacked down some liberal media people. I am looking for someone whose conservative record extends beyond merely saying the right thing at the right time to the right people and that excludes Trump. I will not be duped into thinking he is someone more than someone acting as a conservative just to get their votes
    How do you feel about America borders being over run by people who both hate us and exploit our liberal system of freebies for votes and are destroying our country from within?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the liberals posture on the murder of 50 americans by muslim terrorist Omar Mateen.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Gun control or George Bush's fault.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Just as the most bitter arguments often are between fans of the same team (e.g. - check out any Steelers board on the Sunday evening after a loss), some of the most bitter comments about Trump are coming from GOP operatives

Like this

This weekend, people were lined up hundreds deep to give blood to the victims of Orlando. Your Cheeto Jesus was praising himself.
    — Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) June 16, 2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2016/06/17/donald-trump-as-cheeto-jesus-and-the-political-legacy-of-a-dusty-orange-snack/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Damn, I wish Trump and Hillary would team up so I could vote for somebody else that could actually stand a chance.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

I try not to be political on here, but I am so sick of all of that crap that is going on in our world. I really think that Trump is the only fighter for our country. I am tired of the weakness, I am ready for a person to take control and protect the USA. Beat me up, tell me that I am crazy – I really do not care. I want America to be protected. Done with rant.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polamalu Princess View Post
    I try not to be political on here, but I am so sick of all of that crap that is going on in our world. I really think that Trump is the only fighter for our country. I am tired of the weakness, I am ready for a person to take control and protect the USA. Beat me up, tell me that I am crazy – I really do not care. I want America to be protected. Done with rant.
    I'm with you.. no one else will even acknowledge ISIS or the lack of border security/screening as a problem so can we really expect them to do anything about it or get the problem under control? We're closer to a massive terror attack now than any day since 9/11. Just a matter of time with the complacency of this administration or hillary's.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Just a friendly reminder...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

In the typical liberal worldview, the following applies to everyone...except Christians, of course - Christians are fair game to bash, mock and ridicule all day long (and for the record, I'm agnostic):

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

#typicallibtolerance

liberal conundrum of the day...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I'm with you.. no one else will even acknowledge ISIS or the lack of border security/screening as a problem so can we really expect them to do anything about it or get the problem under control? We're closer to a massive terror attack now than any day since 9/11. Just a matter of time with the complacency of this administration or hillary's.
    The problem is that it's all being lumped into one single argument, and that negates some very important facts that makes people like Trump look absolutely stupid. First, Those committing terrorist incidents in the name of Islam are overwhelmingly American citizens who travel abroad for a time. To ban Muslims from enter the country is foolish and completely misses the threat as it is currently posed.

As far as border security is concerned, however, I am in full agreement we must secure our borders. Sovereignty is just a word if a country does not have control over it's borders, but how to do so? Building a wall is a pipe dream that's doomed to fail if it ever did happen. The problem isn't people going over the wall, it's people going under it (single provided as example). There's a lot better ways to spend our money protecting borders than to exchange a fence for a wall. One way is to pressure the Mexican govt. into stopping their implicit sanctioning of illegal border crossing while treating those who illegally cross their borders the same way they're complaining about the US treating their citizens. Another is to defund all projects in American "sanctuary cities" and use that very money to hire more ICE officers. A third—and one I firmly believe in—is to declare ten miles of land inwards from the border (except in border cities) US Military Training zones, and allow the US military to operate in those areas. Take the marines, the army, Navy and Airforce Spec-ops, etc., and run exercises at random times all along the border. It gives the US military a vast amount of room in which to train, and also gives ICE a much-needed support.

And?

I'm throwing up in my mouth saying this, but she's right. Equating terrorism with Islam because of Isis is like equating Christianity with murder because of abortion bombers, the Anti-balaka movement, the NLFT, the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, or the Christian Identity movement (adherents of which were responsible for the Soweto bombings, the Atlanta Olympics bombing, etc) among others.

You simply cannot make a broad, sweeping statement about 1.6 BILLION people because a handful by comparison commit terrorist acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

And?

I'm throwing up in my mouth saying this, but she's right. Equating terrorism with Islam because of Isis is like equating Christianity with murder because of abortion bombers, the Anti-balaka movement, the NLFT, the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, or the Christian Identity movement (adherents of which were responsible for the Soweto bombings, the Atlanta Olympics bombing, etc) among others.

You simply cannot make a broad, sweeping statement about 1.6 BILLION people because a handful by comparison commit terrorist acts.
    If you can't name the enemy you can't defeat the enemy is what I was referring to. Not blaming the whole religion or saying every single muslim is the enemy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you can't name the enemy you can't defeat the enemy is what I was referring to. Not blaming the whole religion or saying every single muslim is the enemy.
    Okay - I see where you're going, but it would still concern me if the named enemy was "He is Muslim." I'd prefer, "He is a, b, c, x, Muslim, y, z, together," if that makes sense.

Okay - I see where you're going, but it would still concern me if the named enemy was "He is Muslim." I'd prefer, "He is a, b, c, x, Muslim, y, z, together," if that makes sense.
    Yep it does.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

The problem is that it's all being lumped into one single argument, and that negates some very important facts that makes people like Trump look absolutely stupid. First, Those committing terrorist incidents in the name of Islam are overwhelmingly American citizens who travel abroad for a time. a.) To ban Muslims from enter the country is foolish and completely misses the threat as it is currently posed.

As far as border security is concerned, however, I am in full agreement we must secure our borders. Sovereignty is just a word if a country does not have control over it's borders, but how to do so? Building a wall is a pipe dream that's doomed to fail if it ever did happen. b.)The problem isn't people going over the wall, it's people going under it (single provided as example). There's a lot better ways to spend our money protecting borders than to exchange a fence for a wall. c.) One way is to pressure the Mexican govt. into stopping their implicit sanctioning of illegal border crossing while treating those who illegally cross their borders the same way they're complaining about the US treating their citizens. Another is to defund all projects in American "sanctuary cities" and use that very money to hire more ICE officers. d.) A third—and one I firmly believe in—is to declare ten miles of land inwards from the border (except in border cities) US Military Training zones, and allow the US military to operate in those areas. Take the marines, the army, Navy and Airforce Spec-ops, etc., and run exercises at random times all along the border. It gives the US military a vast amount of room in which to train, and also gives ICE a much-needed support.
    a.) Trump said a temporary ban of all unchecked Muslims until the US figured out a way to screen them to know they aren't terrorists. Of course the media edited the clip down to 'Ban all muslims'.

b.) Yes it is possible to tunnel under a wall but drug cartels have unlimited money and resources to work with and a good reason to invest in a tunnel to run drugs. They sure don't want a bunch of border jumpers know the wear abouts of their underground drug highway, and certainly don't want them to clog it up or get in the way. We do need a wall, although it won't be fail proof (nothing is) it is a lot better than what's there currently.. http://capitolhilloutsider.com/wp-co...ien_border.jpg

c.) I believe the wall is one the beginning and part of the solution but Trump also said he will put a lot of pressure on the Mexican Government.

d.) I think that's a really good idea.
    Last edited by smokin3000gt; 07-15-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

If you can't name the enemy you can't defeat the enemy is what I was referring to.
    Not to mention trivializing the threat they pose by referring to them as a "JV team"...

Police arrest three in Nice as Islamic State claims truck attack

I have friends that are muslim. Still, I am fine if they do not allow another muslim into this country simply because you know 1 or 2 out of 10 are f*cksticks.

They can go to Canada and Europe (sorry Joe.)

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I have friends that are muslim. Still, I am fine if they do not allow another muslim into this country simply because you know 1 or 2 out of 10 are f*cksticks.

They can go to Canada and Europe (sorry Joe.)
    Quite alright, if Trump wins, Canadians are persona non gratis. I guess we will have to fly to Cuba to gain entry to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Quite alright, if Trump wins, Canadians are persona non gratis. I guess we will have to fly to Cuba to gain entry to the US.
    He won't. This election has been in the bag for Clinton since at least 2014...