Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Re: Trump

Isn't "saying the right thing during a campaign" what gets all politicians elected?

Questions you need to answer, even if you're correct in that assumption, is he any worse than Obama, Hillary or Biden? Jeb, Christie et al?

My first choice is Trump, second is Rand Paul.

I think Trump / Rubio would be a great ticket.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

My first choice right now is Trump as well and Paul 2nd. However, I think a Trump/Fiorina may be a winning combination. Still a lot more time to determine what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Isn't "saying the right thing during a campaign" what gets all politicians elected?

Questions you need to answer, even if you're correct in that assumption, is he any worse than Obama, Hillary or Biden? Jeb, Christie et al?

My first choice is Trump, second is Rand Paul.

I think Trump / Rubio would be a great ticket.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    It is, but we're supposed to be smarter than that by now considering all the times we've been burned by politicians who said one thing during an election and acted completely differently once they won.
    Trump's big draw is supposed to be he's calling it like he sees it, but he's not doing that any more. What does he *really* think? What would he *really* do?

If Trump gets elected, remember that whatever he does afterwards will be blamed on Republicans and conservatism. How much do you trust him after admitting that he's not playing straight?

My #1 is Paul and #2 is Cruz. Thankfully there's a lot of candidates in this primary that I would be okay with.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Trump destroyed the USFL when all of it's momentum was in a positive direction.

I fear he'll end up doing the same to the GOP.

As for me, as of today. Ben Carson is the man I see as our best hope for 16.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I like that Trump is shaking things up and striking a chord with a lot of people. If nothing else, his popularity should be a glaring point of clarity as to what the people want and what is important to them.

I don't think I really want him as President. I like Cruze, Carson, Paul and Fiorina at the moment, but that is subject to change as time goes on.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I like that Trump is shaking things up and striking a chord with a lot of people. .
    I agree

Let the status quo quiver

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/0...ential-policy/

Trump actually has a lot of very liberal positions. The funny thing is Democrats are more apt to disagree and Republicans are more apt to agree whenever Trump supports them.
    Is it really the message you folks are enamored with or is it the messenger?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post

Trump actually has a lot of very liberal positions. The funny thing is Democrats are more apt to disagree and Republicans are more apt to agree whenever Trump supports them.
    It's the fact that he speaks his mind.... and damned the torpedoes.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post

Trump is real and he gets it - he does know what this country needs.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Trump will sign GOP loyalty pledge

The front-runner says he was promised nothing in return for signing the pledge.

Donald Trump plans to sign a loyalty pledge Thursday that would bind him to endorse the Republican nominee, and would preclude a third-party run. Trump made the stunning decision, which he has long resisted, to avoid complications in getting listed on primary ballots, and to take away an attack line in the next debate, the associate said.

"I just wanted fairness from the Republican Party," Trump said. "I will be totally pledging my allegiance to the Republican Party, and the conservative principles for which it stands."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz3khmeGsQO

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

LOL!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Trump calls on CNN To donate debate money to veterans

Donald Trump is putting his mouth where CNN’s money is, demanding that all profits from the broadcast of next week’s GOP debate go to veterans.

Following news that CNN has been capitalizing on Trump-mania by raising ad prices for the Sept. 16 debate to 40 times their normal rate....“I believe that all profits from this broadcast should go to various Veterans groups"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ey-to-veterans

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Trump is on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Starts @ 11:35 on NBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

That was too funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

20,000 to see Trump in Dallas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Say hello to the next vice president.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/17/politi...ire/index.html

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump came under fire Friday morning for his handling of a question at a town hall about when the U.S. can "get rid" of Muslims, for failing to take issue with that premise and an assertion that President Barack Obama is Muslim.
    Despite all my trump- bashing, I have to side with him on this. Yet another case of the media playing "gotcha" games and stirring up fake controversies.
    What they apparently don't realize is that the majority of Trump supporters actually believe this.
    http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...r-country.html
    66% of Trump's supporters believe that Obama is a Muslim to just 12% that grant he's a Christian. 61% think Obama was not born in the United States to only 21% who accept that he was.
    Calling him out for not correcting this is going to backfire on them in a major way. Again. His base is not put off by this in any way, shape, or form. It's like trying to drown a shark. Furthermore, he CANNOT correct his supporters on this without losing them.

So in the face of this fake "controversy", what is his response?
    Trump's campaign manager, later told CNN that the candidate did not hear the question about Obama being a Muslim.
    Dumb, dumb, dumb. Nobody believes for a second that "he didn't hear the question". He did not respond to it the way the media is portraying it, but he heard it just fine. He should've counter-punched about the sad state of American journalism instead. This answer will also not sit well with his base. They want to hear that he's with them on this (even if they are wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post

Talk about deflating.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post

A cheater supporting a phony. LOL

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Talk about deflating.
    Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    A cheater supporting a phony. LOL
    Maybe he'll deflate our currency. That would be a good platform.