Thread: Steelers Antonio Brown: Anatomy of a fighter

Steelers Antonio Brown: Anatomy of a fighter

Steelers Antonio Brown: Anatomy of a fighter
    by Perry Biggerstaff
    07/28/15
    stillcurtain.com

The NFL is full of athletic freaks of nature. There are players entering the league every season who are monsters compared to the hall of fame heroes of yester year. But to make it in the NFL, it takes more than a 4.3 forty yard dash, more than 30 reps on the bench-press, more than any combination of size, shape, strength, and speed.
    Sure, there are those players who are physically able to do more than we mortal men who watch the game from our couches, but there are equally physical specimens that wash out of the NFL year in and year out. So, what is the determining factor that separates the successful from the “also ran’s”?

Heart.

....Enter Antonio Brown.

In a league that values height he measures in at only 5 feet 10 inches. Once so thin that he earned the moniker “Boney Tony”. A 6th round pick from little known Central Michigan, he was the second wide receiver picked by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2010 draft. Almost an afterthought for a team that envisioned third round pick Emmanuel Sanders as the receiver playing behind the great Hines Ward and speedster Mike Wallace.

Fast forward five years. Antonio Brown is now the best wide receiver in the game. That’s right. The best. Any argument to the contrary is just the simple inability to notice greatness when it stands before you.

Read More @ http://stillcurtain.com/2015/07/28/s...atomy-fighter/
    Last edited by Count Steeler; 07-28-2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added link
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers Antonio Brown: Anatomy of a fighter

Nice article Perry. Imagine if you could measure heart? Size and speed will carry you so far (Mike Adams), but heart brings out the champions.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

nice read perry

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

He's in the top 3 of my fantasy draft, I will tell you that

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I remember criticizing the pick back when it was first announced because I thought getting D-line depth was more crucial than another wide receiver. Boy do I feel stupid remembering that

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I liked the pick but I liked the Manny Sanders pick more...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

AB will be doing a spot on the NFL Network training camp special tomorrow night... "How to get open"

Previews showed him all wired up in a GoPro camera harness
    Last edited by TD's & Beer; 07-29-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I liked the pick but I liked the Manny Sanders pick more...lol.
    Hey ...we cant take anything from Manny. He is a top 10 receiver.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --