Thread: Major score!

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Major score!

I landed luxury box seats for the Steelers-Jags preseason game. I have had these same seats before and they rock so much, that I would go see ANY game when I have these tix. 45 yard line, perfect distance from the field: you can see what's going on the sidelines AND have perfect vantage point to see all the game actions. And all the perks from the D Club are simply awesome. No line to take a leak, even at half time. And the price was right: free.

So many options of food , full bar, the works. Yea for me.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Major score!

awesome, you're going to have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    awesome, you're going to have a blast!
    No doubt. And I wouldn't be surprised a bit if Steeler fan made up 50% of the total crowd. There are tons of Steeler fans living down here. It will feel like a neutral site. And Steeler fans dominate the tailgating as well. This season is starting off like Christmas morning. Very first preseason game (Hall of Fame game), then week 1 preseason I get to see them live from box seats and then we open the season on Thurs. night with the whole country tuned in. What way to get this party started!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They will be more than 50%. I'd be surprised if it wasn't more...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They will be more than 50%. I'd be surprised if it wasn't more...
    It's possible, but only because it's a preseason game. Us Steeler fans living in north FL will be out in force, while many Jag fans will pass because it's just a preseason game, so we might actually be over 50%. A few years ago, when the Steelers played here, it was _close_ to 50% Steeler fans, but not quite. In the most recent years Jag fans have battled back a bit (made a conscious effort to not sell tix to Steeler fans if they could help it) and regular season games are probably around 35% Steeler fans, but we still dominate in tailgate activities. We just tailgate more than Jag fan does.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I would even say more than 50% on a regular season game too. Those fans down there don't deserve an NFL Team.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I would even say more than 50% on a regular season game too. Those fans down there don't deserve an NFL Team.
    No, I've been to every Steeler game down here since 2001. It's never been over 50% Steeler fans in attendance, but it's still a lot. And the fans are not bad fans, per se, they just usually have a really bad team and the stadium is too big for the population/fan base. J-Ville had a higher attendance per game, than Pgh did. Jags had an average of 65,500 compared to the Steelers 62,200. So, I don't know why Steeler fans point the dirty end of the stick at Jags fans; they have more fans show to games than we do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ndance_figures

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

No, they just count attendance differently...

You don't hear about no-shows too often because the Steelers are one of only two teams in the NFL, along with the Giants, who base their attendance count on the number of people who actually attend the game. All other teams base the count off the number of tickets sold, according to the Tribune-Review.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-at-home-games

I'd be willing to bet the Jags' attendance numbers, along with a number of other teams, would plummet if they used the same method of counting attendance that the Giants and Steelers use.

Or the number of tickets "sold" to corporations to avoid blackouts. There's a reason Jacksonville blocked out half of their stadium...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">