Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Lets go pitt

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Lets go pitt

Damn impressive win by Pitt. So what the hell happened in their first 2 games??

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

VT is good for a few laughs every year. Their fans always seem to think that "this year" is the year they step up from pretty good to elite. It'll never be that year... They are always good for 10 wins, but they never have what it takes to be one of the big boys.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    VT is good for a few laughs every year. Their fans always seem to think that "this year" is the year they step up from pretty good to elite. It'll never be that year... They are always good for 10 wins, but they never have what it takes to be one of the big boys.
    Not all of us think this year or every year is THE year. So you go laugh all you want. Beamer has built up the program about as much as he could since the ruins of the late 80s. No way we will be in the same leagues of Alabama LSU USC etc.

Sent from a jive turkee

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Well, as a WVU and Pitt fan, I'm always happy to see VT get slapped around. See ya next year, Turkeys!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Well, as a WVU and Pitt fan, I'm always happy to see VT get slapped around. See ya next year, Turkeys!
    Got no issues w/that.

Most of my hate goes UVA's way as I have friends and HS classmates that went there. The holidays bring annual smack talk between us.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Not all of us think this year or every year is THE year. So you go laugh all you want. Beamer has built up the program about as much as he could since the ruins of the late 80s. No way we will be in the same leagues of Alabama LSU USC etc.

Sent from a jive turkee
    I got no problems with VT really. I honestly wish an ACC team would rise up to elite level and maybe even win a NC in football. FSU looks like they may this year.

The only thing I had against VT was Greenburg as the bball coach. Total Douchebag. Not too bad a coach though. Pretty funny when he got fired for having VT on the bubble every year. They wont do any better...

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Yesterday's win was an extremely impressive and much needed win. I wasn't able to watch the game, but they seemed to have been firing on all cylinders. I definitely watch a replay of it on ESPN 3 tomorrow.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

This is exactly what we need from the defense each week. We have to take all the pressure off of Sunseri because he won't be always able to win games, but then again him and Graham handled the VT D all day!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Impressed and shocked. Hopefully Pitt can build on the win and keep recruits interested for the future of the program.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Pitt and Gardner-Webb today at 3:30 EST. An 0-3 team that Pitt should handle easily, let's so hope. After lasts weeks big win this is their chance to start getting some more wins under their belts and salvage this season, GO PITT!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'm currently finishing up watching the replay of the game from Saturday and it was a great performance by Pitt. Other than a few mishaps, Pitt absolutely dominated the entire game. The geam looks much better these past two games then they did the first two. The defense is making tackles and are creating turnovers, more than once the past two games at that. Tino is definitely throwing with more accuracy and seems to have more patience in the backfield. I'm also happy to see all three running backs being used with Ray getting most of the touches. Heading into a bye and then time to play 'Cuse in a Friday night game.

Even though Pitt lost tonight, there were definitely some bright spots. First off, Tino had yet another great game. NO ONE better put the blame on him for losing tonight. Yes he did have a couple of penalties against him, but he extended a lot of plays and made plays that needed to be made. Not going to lie, it reminded me of Ben. Devin Street was also another positive. He had a great game and practically caught everything that was thrown his way. He had one excellent catch where he didn't just get one foot down, but got both down after having to jump up for the ball. That is pretty impressive for a college player. Also, gotta love the play of NT Aaron Douglas tonight. He was one fire tonight, just killed it!!! I haven't seen such a dominant performance in a while and that's going back to Jabaal Sheard a couple of years ago. Other than the face mask penalty, he definitely made it tough on the 'Cuse o-line. Another great effort was by CB K'Waun Williams. He made a few tackles that helped stop a few drives and also had the interception in the endzone.

When it boils down to it, I'm blaming this one on player execution. The playcalling was good for the most part, but the execution was sub par. The o-line was manhandled for majority of the night by the 'Cuse d-line, and they had four or five sacks. Our defense also couldn't stop them in the first half and played better in the second half. However, they allowed drives to continue. The fumble, dropped passes, missed field goal, and penalties is what hurt the most. They have to work on this big time. Tough homecoming game against Louisville on the thirteenth coming up.

ugh Pitt may be about to ruin my Irish's chance at a national championship! Fuck!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    ugh Pitt may be about to ruin my Irish's chance at a national championship! Fuck!
    Ohh so close, but not close enough. Irish win in 3OT.

Thank Goodness...

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT!!!!!
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Stupid...just Stupid

Oh and TINO SUCKS

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid...just Stupid

Oh and TINO SUCKS

LETS GO PITT

HAIL TO PITT!

I figured this thread was dead

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Pitt-FSU on ESPN right now! Tied up at 7 and Pitt had a great first drive. I have to go to bed though for two reasons, first is that I cannot stand the verbal blowjob that the announcers are giving FSU and their awesomely spectacularly impressive freshman QB, and secondly, I have to get up in the early morning. With that said, Go Pitt, shut the announcers up!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Tied because savage did his best brett favre impression.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

New Conference. Same Old Pitt Panthers.

Let's see if we can get this thread going again. The Panthers open up today against Delaware. Delaware is a pretty good program and I can definitely see them giving Pitt some trouble. I think Pitt wins today with strong running and decent defense. Hail to Pitt!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Forgot all about this thread....I'm in

Question about Tyler Boyd. Is he any good? I've got him on my College Fantasy Football team.. I don't watch Pitt football or college football closely enough for fantasy football. I'm just helping out an old high school classmate fill out his league. I do know he hurt his finger last game

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Question about Tyler Boyd. Is he any good? I've got him on my College Fantasy Football team.. I don't watch Pitt football or college football closely enough for fantasy football. I'm just helping out an old high school classmate fill out his league. I do know he hurt his finger last game
    IMO one of if not the best WR in college right now. He has been practicing so the injury shouldn't be an issue. He should put up pretty good numbers for you

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    IMO one of if not the best WR in college right now. He has been practicing so the injury shouldn't be an issue. He should put up pretty good numbers for you
    Thanks Hindes!
    This is Good to know. I am starting him for this week/tonight.

Pitt has had a good start to the season. The defense has played well for the most part with Todd and Anthony doing a great job at the linebacker position. Those guys are fun to watch. Also, this might be the best offensive line Pitt has had since the late seventies/ early eighties. They're big and strong and opening up holes for the run game which has been fantastic. I'm really impressed with Pitt and how they're playing. I hope they keep it up.

LETS GO PITT!!!