Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Lets go pitt

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Re: Lets go pitt

Curtis Martin and Chris Doleman into the Hall of Fame!

HAIL TO PITT!

http://online.wsj.com/article/APa395...6155729bf.html

That makes it 8 PITT players in the HOF
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Pitt Blue-Gold spring game: Bennett sparkles in Chryst plan

Pitt wrapped up spring practices with its annual Blue-Gold scrimmage Saturday, but afterward new head coach Paul Chryst called the spring practice session "just the start."

The Panthers scrimmaged for two hours in front of a crowd of 4,607 at North Hills High School's Martorelli Stadium in West View. It wasn't a traditional spring game with the team split into two sides. Players substituted in and out constantly, and no score was kept.

The spring game marked the culmination of Chryst's first 15 practices with the team, and allowed the players to show off the improvements they have made over the past month of practices.

"We've grown a lot," running back Isaac Bennett said. "Everybody, we've bought in."

Bennett put up the most impressive numbers, carrying the ball 23 times for 121 yards. On the third series of the game, he ripped off a 51-yard run down the left sideline.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...t-plan-631397/

I'm really excited to see what Chryst brings to Pitt. I'm looking forward to it and the running game. I hope our running game explodes with Graham, Bennett, and our new recruit Shell who was rated as one of the best. I also liked what I read on QB Myers. That's impressive and hopefully he can take over for Sunseri.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Pitt signs first Indiana football recruit in decades

Pitt received a verbal commitment from Plymouth (Ind.) Offensive lineman Dan Samuelson Tuesday. Samuelson, 6-6, 295, chose the Panthers over offers from Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois and Wake Forest.

If he does indeed sign with the Panthers, he is believed to be Pitt's first scholarship player from the state of Indiana in at least 42 years. He is the fourth player and second offensive lineman from the class of 2012 to commit to the Panthers.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ecades-633039/

I like this because he's a big guy. I hope he fully commits.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Pitt pays a little extra to join Atlantic Coast Conference
    July 19, 2012 9:56 am
    Share with others:
    inShare. By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Pitt's move to the Atlantic Coast Conference is now official. The Panthers will become members of their new conference in less than a year.

Pitt will join the ACC on July 1, 2013, and will pay a total of $7.5 million to exit the Big East. The Panthers are paying an additional $2.5 million to leave one year early.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz21eQpO6Gm
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    Pitt pays a little extra to join Atlantic Coast Conference
    July 19, 2012 9:56 am
    Share with others:
    inShare. By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Pitt's move to the Atlantic Coast Conference is now official. The Panthers will become members of their new conference in less than a year.

Pitt will join the ACC on July 1, 2013, and will pay a total of $7.5 million to exit the Big East. The Panthers are paying an additional $2.5 million to leave one year early.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz21eQpO6Gm
    Yup, saw this earlier. Looks like we'll be playing in the ACC next year.

Alright my fellow Pitt fans. Tomorrow is our first game and I'm really looking forward to this season. I'm looking forward to Coach Chryst's debut and I'm extremely excited to see how its going to turn out. The WR is back and healthy, our offensive line looks to be healthier and stronger this year, and of course Graham will be back at running back soon. Hail to Pitt!

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Today should be a great game and hopefully a good warm up game for the rest of the season. Excited about Chryst and what he can bring to this team and the team is finally healthy and the day Graham comes back will be a happy day! H2P!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Well, I definitely expected some hiccups, but tonight was pretty bad. Both turnovers took away two great scoring chances and Tino still overthrows a lot. The biggest problem was the defense. Horrible, horrible, horrible performance. YSU just destroyed the Pitt offense. I'm worried about the rest of the season.... already.

I hope that steelpride and I aren't the only ones that will be posting in this thread this year...

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Yeah, that was a horrid game to watch... pretty scared the defense couldn't even handle a team like YSU.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Wow.... I'm SO glad the ACC added Pitt and Syracuse...

Must have just been a basketball move. I thought Pitt was better than that. Shows how much I pay attention to BE football.

There, someone else posted in this thread.

What everyone seems to not realize about YSU is that they're actually a really good team. They've given Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan State trouble in games as well. I had a feeling this was going to be tough, but not like it was. Between the defense missing tackles and not being able to stop them period and Sunseri overthrowing wide open people several times, there is not much that could be said.

Welp, I hate when you can tell 2 games in, this may be a long season.... Sunseri is well, himself still. Not accurate, falls apart on 3rd down. The defense was suppose to be top notch, but if you see the hole against Cincy you will be worried too. 7-0 Cincy...

- Greg Lloyd

Sunseri get's sacked, fumbles, Cincy ball. I know Cincy has been damn good for years in the BE, but damnnn this is some prime time embarrassment.

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Paging Bobby Petrino!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

14-0 Cincy. WOW. There literally is 0 defense.

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

This will be the worst Pitt team of my lifetime.

Awful, just fucking awful. Not only does the coach need to go, but Steve Pederson needs to be gone yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    This will be the worst Pitt team of my lifetime.

Awful, just fucking awful. Not only does the coach need to go, but Steve Pederson needs to be gone yesterday!
    No doubt. I laughed pretty hard in the off-season at the lack of "smart" moves made by this team. Absolutely a mess and tonight will be a damn good example. Sunseri is garbage, I'm sorry. I hope the kid does will this season for Pitt, but he won't.

- Greg Lloyd

Pitt is like the Steelers in the OL. Horrible OL, never recruit good kids from high school and an example is Sunseri getting sacked more than anyone last season. Oh don't throw it away in FG Tino, just get sacked 20 yards back...

- Greg Lloyd

Sunseri, nice INT with a chance to cut the Cincy lead....

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    No doubt. I laughed pretty hard in the off-season at the lack of "smart" moves made by this team. Absolutely a mess and tonight will be a damn good example. Sunseri is garbage, I'm sorry. I hope the kid does will this season for Pitt, but he won't.
    The Panthers went 7-5 with Sunseri as a Sophomore. And were in virtually every game.

Gee maybe they shouldn't have canned Wannstedt after all!

Fire Pederson!

The Panthers went 7-5 with Sunseri as a Sophomore. And were in virtually every game.

Gee maybe they shouldn't have canned Wannstedt after all!

Fire Pederson!
    He's bad. The Cincy QB has no issue tearing up our defense in his first NCAAA game ever.

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    He's bad. The Cincy QB has no issue tearing up our defense in his first NCAAA game ever.
    I'm not saying he's good. I'm just pointing out that he's regressed since Wannstedt was fired.

They should fire Pederson and see if Wannstedt would come back.

I'm not saying he's good. I'm just pointing out that he's regressed since Wannstedt was fired.

Oh I'd prefer Wannstedt over many coaches out there. It all went down hill after he left.

- Greg Lloyd

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Can't see him leaving the Bills just yet. He has some nice new toys to play with this year.

Ray Graham has 100 yards tonight, at least we have him.

- Greg Lloyd

#13 VT coming to Heinz Field today, I know it doesn't look good, but hell with it LET'S GO PITT!

- Greg Lloyd

14-0 Pitt, wow Sunseri and the defense both so far looking amazing, Ray Grahams juke for his TD run was killer!

- Greg Lloyd

21-3 at halftime with 3 takeaways for the Panther defense, loving this right now! Gotta hold it together for two more quarters!

- Greg Lloyd

35-17 Pitt in the 4th! Wow a total effort today from them today, the offense pushed VT around all day and even if VT scored, Pitt would come right back and take a larger lead.
    The Pitt defense showed what they are capable of, being damn good and the turnover ratio is what will win this for them.

The seasons not over yet!

Hail To Pitt!

- Greg Lloyd