Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets go pitt

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Re: Lets go pitt

Interesting Hire, everything I hear is that he's a "shirt and ties" type of guy that is serious about discipline and dress right dress type of attitude.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

Anyone excited for the Compass Bowl? This is a tough one for me, Pitt has always been my favorite team but I will being going to UK next year and went to the same high school and played football with UK's QB. I can't wait to see the game.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

New Pitt football coach arrested in Indiana

Newly named Pitt football coach Mike Haywood has been jailed on domestic battery charges in Indiana, jail officials there have confirmed.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10365/...#ixzz19jqqkyA0

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Holy Effing C-RIST! On a Cracker!

Coach in jail!!!

I...I can't even begin to understand this type of event...omfg...just...holy crap...what the FUUUUUUCKKKKK!!!!!!???????????
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Sickening aint it? I almost choked on my coffee when I heard it on the radio this morning.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

When it comes to DV, everyone loses.

This is just embarrassing for Pitt Football, but you get what you pay for.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Well he's gone, now they have to search for a new coach again:

New Pitt football coach released from jail, fired

The University of Pittsburgh fired its new football coach late today, shortly after he was released from jail in Indiana after being charged with domestic battery.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11001/...#ixzz19pXjw6Ie

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I wasn't happy when I heard this and I wasn't expecting Pitt to fire him this quick. I'm happy they did, but I would have probably waited till after court. Here we go again with having to look for another coach. Wouldn't it be ironic if Dave was rehired, I know it's not going to happen at all, but it would be ironic.

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

Is there a record for shortest stint as a coach?

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfanman92 View Post
    Is there a record for shortest stint as a coach?
    I don't know what the record is, but George O'Leary, after lying on his resume, was Notre Dame's coach for only 5 days.
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I don't know what the record is, but George O'Leary, after lying on his resume, was Notre Dame's coach for only 5 days
    That must be the record.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Your kidding me right?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I wasn't happy when I heard this and I wasn't expecting Pitt to fire him this quick. I'm happy they did, but I would have probably waited till after court. Here we go again with having to look for another coach. Wouldn't it be ironic if Dave was rehired, I know it's not going to happen at all, but it would be ironic.
    Only way that happens is if they fire the AD Pederson. Which...at this point...could actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roethlisberger View Post
    Marvin Lewis? what a weird turn of events that would be. Could actually help recruiting having an NFL guy again...but to have to cheer for him after years of dogging him in Cincy...that would be strange.

Junior Member Array title="rookie phenom is an unknown quantity at this point">

University of Pittsburgh interested in Bengals coach Lewis

Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is on the short list of candidates to take over the University of Pittsburgh's football program, a league source said Sunday.

Lewis was emotional following Sunday's 13-7 loss to the Ravens.

"I can't answer where things are for me," he said after the game. Responding to questions about his future with the team, Lewis said, "officially today I'm unemployed," ending with a laugh. <link---> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
    Sophomore slump?..... nothin but a myth

Junior Member Array title="rookie phenom is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: University of Pittsburgh interested in Bengals coach Lewis

I think this would actually be a good hire. Lewis would definitely be able to install a pro offense (not sure if Dave Wannstedt already had a pro style offense installed) , but anyways this would definitely give Pitt a big name coach who would definitely lure in highly ranked high school players.
    Sophomore slump?..... nothin but a myth

Still a complete mess in Pittsburgh...geesh

Pitt puts focus on BBVA Compass Bowl -- at last

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Pitt players, at least a select few, were made available Tuesday to the media for the first time since Dave Wannstedt was forced to resign as coach Dec. 8, and those who spoke all said they were "disappointed" that Wannstedt would not be coaching the Panthers Saturday in the BBVA Compass Bowl.

Wannstedt announced his decision not to join the team Monday at a news conference, saying the main reason was that he did not want to be a distraction and wanted the players to be the focus, not the fact that it was his final game as the Panthers' coach.

The players understood where Wannstedt was coming from and know he still supports them, but that does not mean they totally agree with the decision

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11005...#ixzz1ABLDXyIo

Our program is just a mess right now.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Welcome to - Who wants to coach the Pitt Panthers?

On on our last show our current champion Michael Haywood was playing the bonus round. Unfortunately, he hit a double whammy and was eliminated. However, Michael Haywood will not go home empty handed. Michael Haywood, for lasting in the job for almost a month, you get an all expenses paid trip to the lovely St Josephs County Jail in South Bend, Indiana, where you and a guest will enjoy long walks to and from cafeteria, group massages and romantic full cavity searches. Good Luck

Charlie we need another contestant.

Rich Rodriguez, come on down .... your the next contestant on - Who want's to coach the Pitt Panthers?

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Welcome to - Who wants to coach the Pitt Panthers?

On on our last show our current champion Michael Haywood was playing the bonus round. Unfortunately, he hit a double whammy and was eliminated. However, Michael Haywood will not go home empty handed. Michael Haywood, for lasting in the job for almost a month, you get an all expenses paid trip to the lovely St Josephs County Jail in South Bend, Indiana, where you and a guest will enjoy long walks to and from cafeteria, group massages and romantic full cavity searches. Good Luck

Charlie we need another contestant.

Rich Rodriguez, come on down .... your the next contestant on - Who want's to coach the Pitt Panthers?
    Haha. This was a great post.

It would be like Bizzaro World if Rodriguez came to Pitt. Three years ago who would have even thought it was a possibility?

I'd have a harder time cheering on Rich Rod than I would have for Marvin Lewis...

BBVA COMPASS BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

Great performance by a bunch of kids that showed pride and hard work. They could have easily given up on the Game and not bothered showing up to play with all the crap happening in the Athletic Department, instead, they went to their bowl, played their guts out and kicked the shit out of an SEC Team.

Coach Hired...again...

Pitt's search ends with hiring of Tulsa's Graham

The University of Pittsburgh hired Tulsa head football coach Todd Graham as its new coach Monday, ending an extraordinary 34-day search that began with the firing of Dave Wannstedt, then the hiring and firing of his replacement.

Mr. Graham, 46, will be introduced in a news conference at 3:30 p.m. today at Pitt's football facility on the South Side.

He is considered one of the best offensive coaches in the nation. Tulsa, which finished 10-3 this past season -- including a 62-35 victory against Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl Dec. 24 -- finished fifth in the nation in total offense. Twice, in 2007 and '09, Tulsa led the nation in total offense.

Pitt director of athletics Steve Pederson said in a statement from the university that he was "thrilled" Mr. Graham had agreed to take the Pitt job.

"His innovative, creative and energized approach to football makes him an exciting leader for our program," Mr. Pederson said. "He has a proven track record of success at all levels of football, and his wealth of experience on both sides of the ball gives him a unique set of credentials."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11011...#ixzz1AjukvTWb

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11011...#ixzz1AjueTXPx

Pitt football coach Todd Graham announced his staff officially today but there were few surprises as most of the assistants who would be joining his staff were already known.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/11018/1118...#ixzz1BS2a47Jj
    It's a little busy in Pittsburgh for sports tonight.

College football is getting close.... Hey fellow Pitt fans, does anyone like our new coach? I like him a lot and he seems to bring a very positive attitude to the team. Training camp just opened a couple of days ago. Here's to a good season!
    Pitt opens camp today under new coach Todd Graham

Lofty goals and big numbers have been Pitt coach Todd Graham's talking points since January, when he brought his brand of "high-octane" football to Oakland.

Pitt defensive end Brandon Lindsey has set 15 sacks as his goal for the season.

Receiver Mike Shanahan does not have an exact number in mind for how many touchdowns he would like to score, but he believes the Panthers can average more than 40 points per game.

Lofty goals, big numbers.
    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11220...#ixzz1Uh0ga0q7

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

ACC here we come. It is official.

Should be interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a3&eref=sihp

So that game yesterday was pretty embarrassing there is no way Pitt should have blown that lead, the defense was embarassed in the 4th

I didn't think Pitt was going to win going into the game. I went in hoping for a good game. Then I sat through 3 quarters and thought 'heck this could be huge for the program'!

Then the fourth quarter happened and it was like watching a favorite fish slowly die. You watch and see play after play of flopping around and gasping for breath and you realize there is nothing you can do as the oxygen is cut off and the time between breaths gets longer and longer.

Yeah, it felt like that.