Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets go pitt

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

Re: Lets go pitt

That was really hard to watch, but in all seriousness I think Bostick should at least be considered for the starting job.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfanman92 View Post
    That was really hard to watch, but in all seriousness I think Bostick should at least be considered for the starting job.
    I don't get why he is not Pitt's starting QB in the first place. ESPECIALLY for games against Utah and Miami. You might be 3-0 if started, maybe 2-1 at the worst.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Ok, officially. Sunseri needs to have his scholarship Revoked and booted off campus as of last night at Midnight. What I witnessed in the 1st 3 quarters of play last night made me sick to my stomach.

The Defense played great, other than the opening drive, they did their job. Held Miami to 17 points, before the offense actually got on the board, then held them to a 3 and out and a punt that was muffed and ended the game right then. That was the death nail.

Lewis needs benched. The kid apparently thinks too highly of himself and isn't running hard, Graham should get the start. He is running as if he's trying to earn a starting job, he made great cuts, hard runs and played lights out last night. Lewis needs to not start the next two games to get his head right.

Bostick should be named the starter today. Its sickening that he hasn't found the field when he was the QB in some of the biggest wins under Dave W. The kid can ball, sure he makes mistakes, but not being able to see the field and develop live situational skills is not his fault as much as it is the fault of the coaches loving Stull last year and then, falling in love with this Tino punk. Bostick needs to start the rest of the season, hell or high water. We need him to get game time for next season if we are even going to try and salvage the talent on this team NEXT YEAR.

The Defense lost a key player in Mason, but I think they will be able to hang with anyone left on our schedule. Its all about getting points.

5 or 6 three and outs in a row is completely unacceptable and people should lose starting positions over it and possibly their coaching jobs. Bottom Line.

I've been dissapointed in Pitt before, but last night, was a brutal effing nightmare of epic failure. I'm sickened by them right now.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I know we've witnessed several Pitt bedshittings in the Wannstedt Era, but this was the worst. To come out like that at home completely unprepared and lethargic is disgusting.

Wanny is running out of excuses.

Member Array title="Steel12 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Miami's D is just really good. Nothing Pitt could've done...once we shut down the run, it was over because your QB is awful!

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Watching the Pitt game today...Sunseri makes me throw up everytime he takes a snap. Seriously...how can such a suck assss QB still be on the roster, let alone on the field?

13-10 at halftime over Florida International is a disgustingly poor showing.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Ok, that 2nd half was much better. Complete running game domination. Graham with 3Tds and over 240+ rushing yards plus a ton of return yards.

Sunseri still sucks!!!

44-17 with 1:30 left.

After a day to deal with the Loss to the Rival Notre Dame. I can evaluate what I saw yesterday.

Sunseri SUCKS BALLS

that is all.

Senior Member Array title="Akagi is an unknown quantity at this point">

We went out to the game. I got torn, I went to Pitt but my daughter goes to Notre Dame so I'm a ND fan now. That being said, I want to see a great game, not just a close score but a good game.

WTF is it with Wannstedt? You got whoever you hand the ball to getting 8-12 yards a pop, and no one is stopping the running game; WHY EVEN THINK OF PASSING? Balance is bullshit; you don't get points for being balanced, you get points for crossing the end line.

Overall, it was a great weekend. I hope the Pitt fans who visited the ND campus had a great time, other than the game of course. I talked with a few who were having fun. The ND campus on game day feels like it's been moved back in time 75 years, other than the clothes and the cars. And the weather was fantastic.

Tino....Tino Tino Tino...you almost made me like you today.

17/24 with 4Tds 266 yards.

too bad it took you SIX EFFING GAMES TO LEARN HOW TO FCKING PLAY!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Sorry guys I haven't posted in here in a while, but Tino looked great. I didn't get to see the games, but his stats were great. Let's just hope Lewis starts picking it up, I'm not asking for another 1,800 yard season, but a productive one.

Senior Member Array title="hotrodder07 is an unknown quantity at this point"> hotrodder07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Sorry guys I haven't posted in here in a while, but Tino looked great. I didn't get to see the games, but his stats were great. Let's just hope Lewis starts picking it up, I'm not asking for another 1,800 yard season, but a productive one.
    I was at the game, and Tino looked crisp and accurate all game. I was really impressed by him.

And Lewis definitely picked it up today. 17 rushes for 130 yards! It was a great showing from him for sure.

And does anyone have any clips online of Baldwin's amazing one-handed grabs? I saw them in person, but I wanted a closer look from a replay. They looked unbelievable, especially the one at the 2 yard line. If anyone has any links of that, please post them!

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

I got Tino Figured Out.

He can NOT Play games that are BIG GAMES, meaning nationally televised games.

At UTAH, He SUCKED
    Vs Miami, He SUCKED
    at ND, He SUCKED
    at UConn, He SUCKED

Makes me sick. God dang I hate this kid as QB.

Pitt made a billion mistakes last night at Uconn, but if that jackoff can hit just some of those passes, the game wouldn't even have been close. Fcking Pathetic game by the Panthers...they are killing me. Just fcking killing me.

GET SOME GOD DAMN PRIDE!

JESUS EFFING CHRIST!!!!

I have been disappointed before, but this entire season has been a fcking Nightmare. We had the Big East, in hand, with a bid to the Fiesta Bowl on the Line, just had to beat WVU and Cincy and we don't even effing show up for the FCKING BRAWL?????!!!!!!!

GET SOME FCKING PRIDE!

GET SOME FCKING GUTS!

GET SOME FCKING HEART!!!

You don't deserve to even go to the Pinstripe Bowl at this point. PITT should turn down ALL BOWL OFFERS From Embarressment. I'm disgusted with this season thus far. Just flat out sickened in my soul by Pitt.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Dino, I don't know what you were expecting.

It's a Dave Wannstedt-coached team. Pitt to me will always be a tease.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Well, if we don't make a bowl this year, at least we are going out with a winning record. Next year I have a feeling we'll be much better. Tino will have more experience, I would love to see the two-punch running game with Lewis and Graham being used, our o-line improve on pass protection, and our defense make some wrap on people. Hail Pitt!

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Wannstedt was informed around 2:00 pm today. that he has been fired. -- #Pitt.

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Wannstedt was informed around 2:00 pm today. that he has been fired.
    I was just about to post this. Anyways, here's a link. http://postgazette.com/pg/10341/1108955-142.stm
    I really didn't want to see him leave. They don't know who will coach them for the bowl, dumb mistake.

I do not think that Wanny was that good of a coach, I disagreed with him more than not but where this will hurt the most is recruiting. There is no arguing that he was a great recruiter.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Last time you will see him with Pitt team as a coach. Just taken a few minutes ago.

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

What I think is so dumb is doing it right before a bowl, they should have at least waited till after to do it.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    What I think is so dumb is doing it right before a bowl, they should have at least waited till after to do it.
    If it was a BCS Bowl I would agree with you. However, weighing all the factors, better to get a jump start on your search for a coach. In addition, given how there are no more secrets, rumors would have started flying that he might be let go which really could have hurt recruiting. My understanding is that Dave Wannstedt has the option to still coach the Bowl. I never thought Wannstedt was a very good coach but no one can rightfully question his loyalty to Pitt. I know he is staying on with a job at Pitt. So, I would think he would be urging all of recruits to stick with Pitt. And knowing his commitment to the University, it won't just be lip service.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    Wannstedt was informed around 2:00 pm today. that he has been fired. -- #Pitt.
    Just read this...

I'm not a big Pitt fan (PSU), but I think this should have happened before they offered him an extension. He's not been good, and I think the team has reflected that. Sure, you got to three consecutive bowl games since what... the early eighties, but the biggest accomplishment in my eyes was beating a highly ranked WV team... playing the spoiler. Tough to just hang your hat on that.

Pitt has had some great talent over the years, but it has never lived up to expectations on the field, imo. They failed to win the "big games" when called upon. Sure, they could do a lot worse, but I think they weren't going anywhere if they keep him on.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but I think the Big East has been down with the losses of teams to the ACC, so I see no reason why Pitt should have struggled so much to win a title. Losing to UConn... seriously. In football. Not basketball... FOOTBALL! Come on.

I think they will be better. The change was needed at the very least.

7-5 in Year six with a 2 game lead in the Big East with 3 to play and you blow it.

You are not good enough on game day Dave.

Sticking With Sunseri all season, when it was clear he was garbage in big spots cost Dave the season and lead to this firing. Two home blow out losses to Miami and West Virginia also hurts big time. You can put all the talent you want on the field, if you can't get them to perform on gameday, a change has to be made. I'm happy with the depth and the recruiting, but on game day, he just wasn't getting the job done. I loved the hire when it first happened and did in fact have high expectations. But 6 years later, with no Big East Title and No BCS Games, its clearly not going in the direction that we all had hoped for and honestly expected with such a hire.

Hail to PITT

Here we are...and now the entire Pitt Athletic Administration is complete mess and the rumored number one guy we liked for the HC Job just signed on with our Rival to be their OC and future HC...

At this point...I'm sickened with this entire season.

I don't like our athletic director. I still say it was a dumb decision to make him resign before the bowl, at least do it after.

Two Names at the top of the list now, Haywood from Miami (OH) and now I'm hearing Graham out of Tulsa got a call.

Two Names at the top of the list now, Haywood from Miami (OH) and now I'm hearing Graham out of Tulsa got a call.
    The University of Pittsburgh is expected to hire Miami of Ohio head coach Michael Haywood to lead it its football program, sources said today.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10349/1110...#ixzz18EL3XsLg

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Pitt hires Miami of Ohio's Haywood

Pitt hired Miami of Ohio coach Michael Haywood as its next head football coach Wednesday, and he is expected to be introduced today by Pitt athletic director Steve Pederson.

Haywood is expected to bring his assistant head coach, Bill Elias, with him to join the Pitt staff. Elias also was the recruiting coordinator and linebackers coach for the Redhawks.

Haywood is known as a fiery guy and a disciplinarian, and his pregame speech from the Redhawks' 23-3 win against Temple in a key MAC-East game earlier this season has become a Youtube sensation because of the passion and energy with which he delivered it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10350/1111171-233.stm