Thread: 2015 Le Tour de France

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

2015 Le Tour de France

Anyone watching it? I have been doing my best to keep up with it this year, but keep watching reruns of the Direct TV commercial. Ok, just kidding somewhat. Team Sky and Froome look unbeatable. The first climb of the tour in the Pyrenees and Team Sky finishes one two with Port outclimbing the Colombian dude after doing work for Froome to launch him for the attack. Second day Froome loses no time. The closest American, TJ Van Garderen, sitting at #2 overall, lost some serious time to Froome and will have to pray for some seriously strong legs and Froome to bonk on the same day to make up a lot of that time. Can't wait for the Alps
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Re: 2015 Le Tour de France

yeah - I record it every a.m., then scan FF through the race to the good parts later - lots of crashes early on, that was crazy, usual scenery, sometimes even the sprint finishes are good

I'm afraid Froome has already won it, he crushed the field early in the Pyrenees and nobody has show much since. Ritchie Porte is strong, dragging him up the big climbs for Team Sky. Teejay has nobody like that. Barring injury or something else wild happening I don't know how anybody gets any major time back. Quintana has been the only one able to match his accelerations in the mtns, I'd keep an eye on him in the Alps.

Teejay has hung in there and should fight for a podium spot - that's quite a good accomplishment if he can hold on.

Still waiting for some drunken German chicks alongside the roads to show some tit, it's enough to keep me watching.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

TD's, Froome better enjoy Porte while he has him because he is gone next year. Rumor has it BMC, but I could also see Oraca-Greenedge (spelling?). I agree, Teejay has shown some serious guts hanging in there with no one around to help him. He pretty much has to sit on the wheels and hang on. I would love to see him podium this year, it would be a major accomplishment.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Race is heating up

Throwing pee

Froome calls out 'irresponsible' Tour de France reporting

"I saw the guy appear on a drag with 50-60km to go," Froome said of the incident. "I had teammates around me. I was boxed in a little bit on left. I saw a guy peering around and I thought, 'That looks strange.' He launched a cup at me and said 'dopée.' No mistake, it was urine."

"I certainly wouldn't blame the public for this. It really is the minority of the people out there ruining it for everyone else out here," Froome said. "But I would blame some of the reporting on the race that has been very irresponsible. Having said that, those individuals know who they are."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froo...nce-reporting/

----------------------

Richie Porte makes 'punch' claims in 2015 race

Richie Porte, a team-mate of Tour de France leader Chris Froome, claims he was punched during this year's race as spectators rounded on Team Sky.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/33578004

--------------

Damn French media getting them all riled up

Quintana passes Teejay for 2nd podium spot
    Last edited by TD's & Beer; 07-19-2015 at 02:15 PM.

The punching and the throwing of pee. Imagine if this was football and Eagles or Raiders fans were allowed as close to the action as cycling fans are? It would be mayhem...and bloody.

I knew Quintana would pass Teejay, but I think Teejay holds on to that third spot. He is out climbing the tainted meat eater (Contador) for the most part, but anything can happen.

Look out for that..........!!!!

pole

Not much time left...hang in there Teejay in the Alps

Bummer! Teejay abandons!

Tejay van Garderen abandoned the Tour de France on stage 17 after falling ill.

Bonked? The shits? Poisoned?

That sucks about TJ. I really thought he was going to podium this tour. Some reports said he wasn't feeling good all week, and if that is the case he was riding pretty good for a sick man. I felt terrible for him when he finally signaled for the car, stepped off, and realized he was done. You could just tell he was crushed. Next year TJ, you will see that podium, maybe not with BMC since it sounds like they are picking up Porte, but you deserve to be on a strong team that can have team mates with you on the big climbs (sounds like I am talking to him personally).

Was bummed that Talansky didn't win the stage. He rode his ass off to try and catch the bearded German dude and just ran out of road. I truly believe if there were three more miles, Talansky would have won. Oh well, fun stage to watch yesterday.

yay- finally got a little racy as Quintana blows up Team Sky and gains 30 sec on Froome

Nibali takes back a chunk of time for a run at the podium - on to final climb, L'Alpe d'Huez!

Quintana took a crack at it, got it down to a minute - good race