Thread: Terry Bradshaw Ranked 3rd Best No. 1 Overall QB

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Terry Bradshaw Ranked 3rd Best No. 1 Overall QB

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/07...medium=twitter

Peyton Manning and John Elway are ahead of Bradshaw

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Terry Bradshaw Ranked 3rd Best No. 1 Overall QB

Joe Montana should be #1, then Brad. Choke artist Manning is only mentioned because he was important for fantasy players.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Joe Montana should be #1, then Brad. Choke artist Manning is only mentioned because he was important for fantasy players.
    They are talking about #1 overall draft picks who were QBs. Montana was a 3rd round pick.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

For raw ability as a QB, there are probably dozens of guys that would be ahead of Bradshaw. A lot of people like Warren Moon, Steve Young, Kurt Warner, etc., who wouldn't be in serious consideration for the "Greatest of All Time" fall in this category.

For overall quarterbacking ability - putting it all together into the "complete package" if you will - I would put only Montana, Elway, and Marino ahead of Bradshaw. Fouts, Unitas, and maybe Drew Brees I'd put very close to him in a tie. Possibly Jim Kelly too, if he'd ever won anything. A lot of guys from the '60s and '70s (Ken Stabler, Roger Staubach, etc.) would probably be ranked higher than today's "elite" quarterbacks by this measure even though their career stats were not that remarkable by today's standards.

For being a pure winner, Montana is #1 and Bradshaw is #1A, and after that it's not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    They are talking about #1 overall draft picks who were QBs. Montana was a 3rd round pick.

Yeah, and I misread that too. Whoops. Well, then I'd say Elway and then Bradshaw. Being the #1 overall pick is such a matter of luck anyway.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Even the ring he won was from playing vs. Rex Grossman and the outgunned Bears. It's almost like it shouldn't count.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'll give them Manning, but Elway really wasn't that great. He may possibly be the most overrated QB in NFL history IMO. He has a lot of passing yards, but his TD to INT ratio isn't great. He didn't win championships...to me he was kind of the Donovan McNabb before Donovan McNabb with more yards and interceptions, less TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

A 4-time Super Bowl champion behind 2 of the biggest chokers in NFL history?

- - - Updated - - -

Peyton Manning is the greatest regular season QB ever, but when it counted he came up short so many times. Heck, put him under pressure and he becomes ordinary as the Steelers showed in the 05 divisional game

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I don't think Manning was ordinary regarding skills, it's just that he is almost one-dimensional.

QBs like Bradshaw and Montana, and Ben to a point, don't relay strictly on timing. They are more fluid. When you rely on exact timing, if you get thrown off your game you're toast.

That is why Manning is either really "on" or really "off".

In the playoffs, you get the best of the best and teams pull out all the stops. Knock Manning around and get him off his game and you will have your way with him.

QBs like Montana, he flows with the game, takes what is there rather than trying to force things.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'll give them Manning, but Elway really wasn't that great. He may possibly be the most overrated QB in NFL history IMO. He has a lot of passing yards, but his TD to INT ratio isn't great. He didn't win championships...to me he was kind of the Donovan McNabb before Donovan McNabb with more yards and interceptions, less TDs.
    IMO, Elway was better than many give him credit for. The Broncos don't sniff those Super Bowls in the late '80s without him, which was also a time when the AFC was playing weak sister to the NFC in the Super Bowl every year. He also labored under Dan Reeves' philosophy for more than half his career, which was basically "play-it-ultra-conservative-until-late-in-the-game-and-hope-Elway-can-bail-our-asses-out-at-the-end," and is pretty much the same direction Ben's career was beginning to go until Cowher stepped down.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Who was Elway drafted by...oh yeah the Colts, and just like Eli refused to play for the team that drafted him. Elway is a piece of crap in my books, and if he labored under ultra conservative Dan Reeves then it was his own damn fault.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Elway

." Elway's refusal to join the Colts was controversial— Bradshaw denounced him, stating "you should play baseball … he's not the kind of guy you win championships with"
    This was his Quote from draft day when the colts selected him.

Elway that day reiterated his wish to not play for the Colts at a press conference, saying "As I stand here right now, I'm playing baseball". (When a reporter pointed out that the Yankees were not based on the West coast, Elway replied "They play baseball during the summertime".)
    Sounds like a whiney Bitch to me.

Joe Greene did not want to play for the Steelers when he was drafted...what if he refused to play for us???

Screw Elway.

Elway was appropriately introduced to the Steelers and here is what he had to say...
    On his first play, he looked across the line and saw middle linebacker Jack Lambert of the Pittsburgh Steelers glaring at him.
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself," Elway said. "I'm thinking, `You can have your money back. Just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.'
    "I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
    He should have played baseball.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar