Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Draft.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Re: 2016 Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    Has anyone diagnosed any tape on Jayron Kearse of Clemson? He's been big on Steelers prelim drafts/boards. Dude is huge for a safety, but boy is he raw. Watched him a bit against OU in the Semi and wasn't too impressed.
    Haven't studied any tape yet, but what I have seen of him, he has the ability to be an extremely good safety. I think you tagged his problem, he's raw and needs to learn. He looked to me to be caught out of position on several plays, and this alone can make a player look bad at times. Bell is probably the better player right now, but no telling how good Kearse could be. I still like Craven.

AML

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Depending on where we end up at, a decent corner might still be on the board when its our turn to pick in the first round. If not, look for safety help. If nothing further, I'd trade back.
    I agree, a CB will likely be there at the back end of the first round, but it won't be Fuller, and the question stands. Is White in the first round better than a Sutton, or King in the second. May be a choice they have to make.

AML

Banned Array title="B&GFever will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I agree, a CB will likely be there at the back end of the first round, but it won't be Fuller, and the question stands. Is White in the first round better than a Sutton, or King in the second. May be a choice they have to make.
    If I am honest from where I sit after further study White is not a 1st round corner , he is not ready to start IMO at the NFL level , whomever takes him will need to use him in spot duty and he will need to grow into the starter role ..

clearly I could be wrong ( wouldn't be the first time ) but that is how I see him as a player today ...

If I knew King or Sutton would be there in round 2 I would go after one of them if Alexander isn't there for us in round 1 ( if he is there I pull the trigger ) if not I try and trade back in round 1 ( provided there is a place to trade back to ) and I target Cravens if he is there and he very well may be ....

if I can trade out of the first altogether under that scenario I would and Take whomever is there early in round 2 Cravens , Bell , Cash .....

but rankings are very fluid right now and will stay that way through the SR bowl and Combine .... but that doesn't change White's stock for me his measurable's doesn't change where he is in his development

I would love to pick up and extra 3rd rounder to get some D-Line help specifically end .... we sourly need some talented depth there and how sweet would it be to get some without using one of our base picks ....

CB-SS-O-Line -DE-CB in first 4 rounds would look mighty fine to me

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

I have feeling this exact scenario will sway them to avoid the choice and draft a lineman instead, which if on the defensive then I'm more than OK with. There seems to be quite a few good options that may stockpile toward the back end of the 1st. Jarran Reed, Jonathan Allen, Jonathan Bullard, Kenny Clark could all be options in that range. It's way too early to call, but if Sutton was available late 2 I'd be happy with that.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

If you mean Desmond King from Iowa, maybe next year, cause he's staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    If you mean Desmond King from Iowa, maybe next year, cause he's staying.
    Yea, I heard that this morning. I'm pretty happy about that.

AML

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Jayron Kearse was thoroughly unimpressive tonight.

Jayron Kearse was thoroughly unimpressive tonight.

he runs hot and cold ... an athletic freak who can make unbelievable plays but often plays uninspired and looks like just another guy ..

not sure what motivates him but if someone could harness that or bottle it they have an all world Safety , but its a big gamble because he could easily be the next never was ....

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Has anyone heard of cornerback Eli Apple from Ohio State? I was looking at several mock draft sites and three of them had Eli as our number one pick. I was looking up information and looking at a little bit of film on him. He seems like he would be a good pick for us.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0759/eli-apple

Apple is an interesting prospect but I don't think he's a 1st rounder. If he was available late 2nd though, I'd take him.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Apple is an interesting prospect but I don't think he's a 1st rounder. If he was available late 2nd though, I'd take him.
    From what I've seen, mock drafts have him listed as a 1st to 2nd round draft pick. Like you said, if he is available in the 2nd round, take him. I think he would be a really good pick value wise in the second round.

Apple is a grabber , I fear he will be a penalty magnate at the next level ....

would rather have Boddy-Calhoun in the 3rd or 4th

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

why is nobody talking about Shaq Lawson? I love this kid, and i think OLB is one of the positions that we need (dont tell me we dont need depth when were counting on a 38 year old man to return, have a bit player in Moats, Jarvis Jones, and a raw but promising kid at OLB) that we cant fulfill in free agency. Its all scraps at OLB as far as free agents go
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Will there be a SU 1st round mock draft this year?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

TE Tyler Higbee got arrested for assault, fleeing police and public intoxication.

i still say bring him in with a 7th rounder/undrafted free agent if he's still there because of the potential. Could end up being the best tight end in the draft
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    TE Tyler Higbee got arrested for assault, fleeing police and public intoxication.

i still say bring him in with a 7th rounder/undrafted free agent if he's still there because of the potential. Could end up being the best tight end in the draft
    Higbee sounds like a future Bengal to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Will there be a SU 1st round mock draft this year?
    I cant do it while writing for Stillcurtain.com....but I think we can find someone who is willing to do it. I just ask that whoever takes it on, does it diligence and really does their homework. I will talk to Admin and the Mods.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --