Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pens Tidbits 2015-16

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Pens Tidbits 2015-16

Beaver Stadium would be a pretty cool venue if they could pull it off there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dodt is on a distinguished road"> Dodt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Beaver Stadium would be a pretty cool venue if they could pull it off there.
    would be nice if this could be annual thing with a trophy (either called the commonwealth cup or a keystone)

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Now that playoff season is on the horizon and the Pens are knee deep in the hunt I finally get to watch them on a weekly basis, if not twice/thrice a week. The second line with Kessel and Hagelin is awesome with Bonino centering them. Dare I say don't mess up the chemistry and really "F" with other teams strategies and put Geno on the third line. Opposing teams would have a hell of a time trying to figure out a way to defend that. I know it would never happen, but would be fun to see.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Penn State wanted too much from the Pens and Flyers to play at Beaver Stadium.

Anyways, Pens win in OT tonight against the Rangers and are 3 pts behind said Rangers with a game in hand for 2nd place in the division.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Gotta admit, when Geno went down I thought they were toast. And I wasn't even pissed about, because you could see the arrow was finally starting to point up after Sullivan got hired. Even when they lost there was an energy to the team that has been lacking for years.

Anyway I suppose you could say the injury to Malkin was a blessing in disguise as it got guys like Hagelin and Kessell (and many more) to up their game. Now every line we send over the boards is buzzing. No skating around aimlessly waiting for 87 & 71 to carry the load. Anyway the speed and intensity this team is now playing with has been absent since they won their last Cup. Amazing what the right coach and G.M. can do when given the right nucleus.

Last thing, for all the bashing Letang has taken over the years, thank God he's a Penguin! What a horse! Plays 30 minutes a night, and has been tremendous in all zones.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

That was a good win last night to start the playoffs. I liked that the Pens played with grit, speed, and aggressiveness. Ben had the play of the game when he cleared the puck when the Rangers had a open goal and could have completely altered the game in the Rangers favor.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Nice to see the younger guys contributing as well.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Anyone watching tonight? Matt Murray is a stud, and so far two cheap shots by the Caps that went unnoticed by the refs. 5 on 5 the Pens are flying. Going to be a great series.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Sid gets his 1st playoff OT goal... hard to believe. Overall, the Pens looked more like themselves last night. Speed and relentless pressure. Needed that one.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Sid gets his 1st playoff OT goal... hard to believe. Overall, the Pens looked more like themselves last night. Speed and relentless pressure. Needed that one.
    Before his shot, I had a feeling it would go in.

Game 3... #LetsGoPens

Getting the 1st one on the road would be huge. No less than a split.

- - - Updated - - -

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=883146&navid=DL|PIT|home

Great Game last night... if anyone is paying attention. Murray looked to shake the nerves he had in game 2. His glove is a little off and missing some squeezes... that is a little concerning. Kessel and Hagelin are playing outstanding, and Sid gets another one.

Well, since the PENS haven't won since the last time I posted in this thread, I figure the onus must be on me for a MUST WIN!

Penguins vs Lightning
    Conference Finals, Game 6 - Lightning lead series 3-2
    Today, 8:00 PM on TVA, NBCS, CBC
    Amalie Arena

Matt Murray will start!

#LetsGoPens

You're welcome! I will see you Thursday...

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Yesterday, it was a great day to be a Pittsburgh sports fan. The beginnings of a new Steelers season, a big Buccos win, and oh those never say die Pens! #burghproud

That's right, people... Game 7 TONIGHT! Beat 'dem Bolts!

#LetsGoPens

Let's win this for Marianne (HometownGal)!!

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

They look like they have a lot of heart tonight!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Finish them!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I need new BP medicine.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

YESSSSS!! On to the Stanley Cup Finals!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

what an easy win...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Didn't even know a Penguins thread existed. Their usually dead.

Anyways, what a great series, I definitely expect a rematch with Tampa next season. Vasilevskiy was great.

Can't wait until Monday. The Sharks are going to be a tough matchup. They have the speed, and depth to make this a 7 game series.