Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pens Tidbits 2015-16

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Re: Pens Tidbits 2015-16

Rutherford + trade = me being scared to death!

What do we have to offer? RWs? Hornquist? Please Jim...NO!

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Just fucking cut Scuderi already - he is beyond horrible - every time his stick touches the puck its a turnover - and I'll be happy with whoever they bring up

amen

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Mike Sullivan Named Head Coach of Pittsburgh Penguins

Mike Sullivan has been named head coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins, it was announced today by General Manager Jim Rutherford.

Sullivan replaces Mike Johnston, who was relieved of his duties earlier today.

Assistant coach Gary Agnew also was relieved of his duties.

Sullivan, 47, was in his first season as head coach of the Penguins’ American Hockey League affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, leading his team to an 18-5 record and first place in the Atlantic Division.

The Marshfield, MA native was head coach of the Boston Bruins from 2003-06 and was an NHL assistant coach for eight seasons with the Bruins, Tampa Bay Lightning, New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks. He spent the 2014-15 season as player development coach for the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.

Sullivan will be joined on the bench by assistant coaches Rick Tocchet and Jacques Martin when he makes his Pittsburgh debut Monday night against the Washington Capitals at CONSOL Energy Center.

Tocchet has been a Penguins’ assistant coach since the start of the 2014-15 season. Martin began the current season in a newly-created role of special assistant to the head coach, serving as an “eye in the sky” observer from the press box.

“I felt it was time for a coaching change because our team has underachieved,” Rutherford said. “Our expectations are much higher with this group of players."

Read more: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Last edited by vader29; 12-12-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Now trade Crosby and we'll be good

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Mike has a tall order to start things out with. He has to begin this against the Capitals tomorrow night.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
    Early Twitter reaction to Mike Johnston's firing seems mixed. Some fans are thrilled, others are delighted.

woo-hoo!

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Scuderi traded to Hawks!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    Scuderi traded to Hawks!
    Don't know a thing about the new player, but hopefully he can help this team.

Lost 4-1 against the Caps. It's a player problem, not a coach problem.

Pittsburgh Penguins trade Rob Scuderi to Chicago Blackhawks for Trevor Daley

Daley, 32, the Penguins get a player who is four years younger and should provide a bit of a boost to the struggling Pittsburgh blue-line corps. Daley is more of a puck-mover than Scuderi, and the Penguins need that.

well, at least they're listening to me

team is still out-manned though....why is Perron still on this team?

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Lost 4-1 against the Caps. It's a player problem, not a coach problem.
    I'm starting to think the same thing and this falls on Rutherford since he's bringing the players in.

Boys among men. Spanked by the B's.

I turned it off after B's scored the first goal - Pens are going nowhere, they look like shit.

Sid can half-ass every game for the rest of the year, I don't care if he don't.

I'm starting to wonder if this team is in a for a few down years.

Blown out. Pitiful

Bench everyone but Malkin and bring up the entire WBS team

Like I said earlier, it's a player problem and not a coach problem. Strip the "C" away from Crosby and give it to Malkin because Geno is the one who's playing like a captain.

Like I said earlier, it's a player problem and not a coach problem. Strip the "C" away from Crosby and give it to Malkin because Geno is the one who's playing like a captain.
    I hoping its just nothing, but a down year. I've had a million ideas on why he isn't playing well pop up in my head, but I can't pinpoint one.

Sid can ride the pine for one game with a LBI - then they take the week off for Xmas

Go Malkin!

So Sid rides the pine and Kessel scores big..........coincidence?

It's Kessel's team now

Season nearly halfway over and Sid has 8 goals and 18 assists?

Well there's your problem

I seriously feel like the team would be better off without Sid at this point.

I'd say Sid lost the fire and the whole team reflects it

Well, tonight was a nice surprise. Let's see if they can keep it up...

The more I call them out the more they win.

Since Sullivan took over, the team is playing with more energy. That was the first thing that stood out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Since Sullivan took over, the team is playing with more energy. That was the first thing that stood out to me.
    Seems like he's allowing them to just let loose instead of whatever Johnston was doing (or lack thereof).

Seems like he's allowing them to just let loose instead of whatever Johnston was doing (or lack thereof).
    Well, Johnston's system was a defensive system that required the forwards to have more of a defensive role. Sullivan is tweaking it here and there. I would imagine that and it looks obvious, the forwards have more offensive freedom.

Back to back losses to the Hawks - color me not surprised.

Fleury for MVP - by far the best player on this team

Pens' Bennett out for Tuesday game after aggravating injury

Beau Bennett won't play against the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday night after aggravating an upper-body injury, coach Mike Sullivan said after practice Monday.

Bennett made his return to the lineup Saturday afternoon against Vancouver after missing the previous 17 games. In the second period, immediately after delivering a hit to Vancouver defenseman Luca Sbisa in the offensive zone, Bennett went to the locker room for medical attention. He returned to finish the game, but did not practice Morning morning.

Sullivan said Bennett was being evaluated Monday morning and more would be known about his condition during the all-star break, which begins after Tuesday's game.

Read More: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...n-bennett-game

Eventually, the Pens are going to have to say enough is enough and move on from Beau. He is constantly hurt and is taking up cap space that could be used for another forward.

Pens are mired in the dumps...does Beau EVER play?

Source: Flyers, Penguins will play outside in 2017

Although plans for next year’s Winter Classic remain fluid, what does seem to be virtually locked in is an outdoor game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Philadelphia Flyers sometime in 2017.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...utside-in-2017